The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Both the Cameo and the Braganza tiara haven't seen the light of day since Victoria & Daniels wedding. It would be great if the Queen wore one of them. I would opt for the Braganza, because the cameo tiara can potentially a Nobel tiara. Queen Silvia could do us the favour and wear it a State Visit or the Nobels, while the Braganza is reserved for the really big events.
I would actually love if the Queen wore the Cameo Tiara for the King's birthday gala dinner. And that is by three reasons. First, she hasn't worn it since 2007, and it hasn't been seen since Victoria wore it for her wedding. Second, It is a family tiara owned by the King and it would be a lovely gesture as the celebrate their 40th Wedding anniversary this year. Third, thinking of all new monarchs in Europe we could expect some glittering incoming state visits in the year to come. And I would rather prefer it to be seen on the Queen then.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

It would be nice if the Queen would weear the Cameo Parure again but it would also be nice to see the Braganza again. And it is not a given that the Queen will wear the Braganza tiara at incoming State Vkisits from other monarchies. She hasn't worn it at the State Visits from Jordan and Luxembourg. And i think it could also be that she will loan the Cameo tiara to Victoria at some point as it was never reserved for the Queen like the Braganza tiara. Actually it wasn't worn by the Queens between Josephine and Silvia

Old 01-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
She didn't wear it for the state visit from Spain either. But I still think it is a nice way to do it.

It is not strange that the Cameo hasn't been worn by more Queens as it has not been owned by the mainline of the Royal Family in all generations. It is not, as the private property of the King. I don't mind the Queen sharing this tiara, but I would still find it lovely if she wore it for the King's birthday.
She didn't wear it for the state visit from Spain either. But I still think it is a nice way to do it.

It is not strange that the Cameo hasn't been worn by more Queens as it has not been owned by the mainline of the Royal Family in all generations. It is not, as the private property of the King. I don't mind the Queen sharing this tiara, but I would still find it lovely if she wore it for the King's birthday.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

As she took the Connaught tiara in 1996 and the braganza tiara in 2006, i don't think any of them will be used at a potential white tie dinner this april. I think it will be the Cameo tiara or the sapphire tiara or the nine prong tiara.
But i may be wrong.

The Cameo tiara was rarely seen at all between Queen Josefina and Queen Silvia. Josephine gave it to Princess Eugenie and as far as i know there is no picture of her wearing it. She left it to Prince Eugen who had no use of it as he never married. He loaned the tiara to Crown Princess Margareta at a couple of occassions (who very often acted as swedens first lady as Queen Victoria was almost never present) and also to Princess Ingrid for a masquerade ball. He later gave it to Princess Sibylla who only wore it a few times and almost always opted for the lighter Connaught tiara instead, hence why the connaught tiara is called Princess Sibyllas tiara in Sweden. As we all know she loaned the Cameo tiara to 2 of her daughters at their weddings and then left it to the King. So basically it has always been a rare piece.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Official dinner coming up in Sweden on February 3rd. According to the Royal Court Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia (and their hubbies) will attend the dinner.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting. I guess Victorias participation will be pending on how she'a feeling that day. It's not far from planned delivery :)
Old 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

I think that Princess Christina's attendance is not announced in their calendar, so she might be a fourth lady.

For Princess Christina I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara. It's so much more beautiful than the 6-buttons tiara. Sofia will probably wear her own emerald tiara. The queen and Crown Princess are more difficult to guess. But maybe the light cut steel tiara could be a good guess for the highly pregnant princess.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Christina wore the aquamarine tiara at the representation dinner in february borh 1 and 2 years ago so that's possible. Altough Victoria took the 6-button tiara instead last year and paired it with all parts of the cameo parure except the tiara.

Sofia will likely wear her emerald and diamond tiara.

Would love if the Queen dusted off the Connaught Ruby tiara again
Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Courtier

As always is there a distinction between wishes and predictions. I go with both.

Wishes/Predictions
Queen Silvia Ruby Tiara/Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria Amethyst Tiara/Large Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia Diamond Rivere Bandeau/Emerald Wedding Tiara
Princess Christina Large Cut Steel Tiara/Six Button Tiara
Old 01-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think that Princess Christina's attendance is not announced in their calendar, so she might be a fourth lady.

For Princess Christina I'd love to see her with the aquamarine tiara. It's so much more beautiful than the 6-buttons tiara. Sofia will probably wear her own sapphire tiara. The queen and Crown Princess are more difficult to guess. But maybe the light cut steel tiara could be a good guess for the highly pregnant princess.
I have to agree that it's very probable that Victoria will wear the cut steel one because of the weight. I also agree on Sofias emerald (I think that was what you meant to say ;P)
Madeleine, probably her usual modern. Silvia... hmm... probably the nine pronger?
Old 01-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I have to agree that it's very probable that Victoria will wear the cut steel one because of the weight. I also agree on Sofias emerald (I think that was what you meant to say ;P)
Madeleine, probably her usual modern. Silvia... hmm... probably the nine pronger?
Eehm... yes, I meant emerald tiara. Thanks for pointing that out before someone thinks that Sofia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.
According to Kingen's post Madeleine is not on the calendar.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Eehm... yes, I meant emerald tiara. Thanks for pointing that out before someone thinks that Sofia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.
According to Kingen's post Madeleine is not on the calendar.
Oh, yes. I knew that. Duuuh.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine-pronge or the Connaught tiara.
Victoria i also think one of the 2 cut-steel tiaras as they are said to very light
And i don't think Sofia will weasr a different tiara now as she hasn't worn one from the Family-collection for the Nobels.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Would part of the lack of wearability of the Cameo Tiaria I wonder be the issue? It's weight and potential fragility? Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
My guess is that the Queen will wear either the nine-pronge or the Connaught tiara.
Victoria i also think one of the 2 cut-steel tiaras as they are said to very light
And i don't think Sofia will weasr a different tiara now as she hasn't worn one from the Family-collection for the Nobels.
I agree about Sofia and think that the first time she wears a different tiara will be at a special event, either the birthday of the King or the Nobels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Would part of the lack of wearability of the Cameo Tiaria I wonder be the issue? It's weight and potential fragility? Just a thought.
Interesting thougth. I think that the hight is no issue because the Queen has carried it off successfully (imho) before. Also she often wears other high tiaras. I have never heard that this tiara was fragile, and the Queen has even travelled with it. But I can imagine that it is rather heavy, gold being a heavier metal than silver and pearls certainly are rather heavy.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree about Sofia and think that the first time she wears a different tiara will be at a special event, either the birthday of the King or the Nobels.

Interesting thougth. I think that the hight is no issue because the Queen has carried it off successfully (imho) before. Also she often wears other high tiaras. I have never heard that this tiara was fragile, and the Queen has even travelled with it. But I can imagine that it is rather heavy, gold being a heavier metal than silver and pearls certainly are rather heavy.
I thi nk at Victoria'as Wedding it was said that i weight 900 gramms. But i don't think that for the Queen this would be a Problem as she has worn it so fiten. And to me it doesn't loom to fragile.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Courtier

I believe the fragility with The Cameo Tiaria is the actual Cameo's not the metal.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

Ok i'm trying to guess what we may see on 3:rd February

Silvia : Connaught Ruby Tiara

(she looks so good in it so i really hope she will dust it off soon again. And it is a good more low key event to do it)

Victoria : Cut Steel Tiara or Laurel Wreath Tiara

(If she attends at all it will probably be a light weight tiara)

Sofia : Her Emerald and Diamond Tiara

Christina : Margareta's Aquamarine Tiara or the 6-button Tiara)

(She has worn her sisters Aquamarine tiara to the "February dinner" a couple of years now so i think It's a good chance)

And i am trying to guess what we may see on 30:th April too IF there is a white tie dinner

The Queen : Sapphire or Cameo Tiara

(Don't know if the Cameo tiara is hevier than the others but the material is likely fragile and not easy to repair for the court jeweller. That may be a reason why it is worn so rarely)

The Crown Princess : Connaught Diamond Tiara

(though i wish she would wear the Connaught Ruby Tiara but due to It's controversial history and that Countess Marianne Bernadotte is likely among the guests, the ruby tiara will likely stay in the vaults on that day)

Princess Sofia : Laurel Wreath Tiara

(I belive Victoria will lend Sofia this tiara to some occasions when Victoria herself is wearing something bigger. It is probably a tiara full of emotions and happy memories of auntie Lilian for Carl Philip too).

Princess Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : 6-button Tiara

Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschoöld : Amethyst Tiara

Princess Birgitta : Baden Fringe Tiara

Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler : Aquamarine Tiara
Old 01-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Official dinner coming up in Sweden on February 3rd. According to the Royal Court Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Sofia (and their hubbies) will attend the dinner.
My guesses:

Silvia: Nine Prong tiara
Victoria: Large Cut Steel tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara
Old 01-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Courtier

It seems like we could agree on that the Official dinner on February 3rd will be the regular business. You're probably right, the standard tiaras.

On the other hand, it's so difficult to guess for the King's birthday, but it is indeed fun. In general I'm happy if...
...Queen Silvia wears the Braganza or the Cameo
...CP Victoria attends (and wears something new to her, or not seen for a long time)
...Princess Sofia attends (and wears something new to her)
...Princess Madeleine isn't wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara
...Princess Birgitta's tiara not looks like it's going to fall off
...Princess Christina isn't wearing the Six Button Tiara

Closed Thread