The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2016, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Royal Wedding Jewels: Albania's Pretender Weds in Tirana | The Court Jeweller

I think this tiara is awful.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Nobility

no , the one she wore in monaco is different .
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...23d3f06998.jpg
i think the one she is wearing in albania is a loan from cartier

Old 10-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I have changed my initial post. Impressive diadems befitting a Grand Duchess of Russia. Why would Cartier loan it to someone whom is hardly known? They are a jeweller, no charity.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:19 AM
Nobility

she is more known than princess elizabeth of yugoslavia
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...21/tiara-1.jpg
and having the provenance of a real grand duchess wearing their kokoshnik is more than enough .
Old 10-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

In that case, why do Boucheron, Ansorena, Van Cleef & Arpels, etc. not loan all their grand jewels on all those Orléans, Braganza, Bourbon, etc. princesses?
Old 10-09-2016, 02:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In that case, why do Boucheron, Ansorena, Van Cleef & Arpels, etc. not loan all their grand jewels on all those Orléans, Braganza, Bourbon, etc. princesses?
http://s11.postimg.org/is2i1vezn/VCA_diamond_tiara.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QyoUl3gyA0...s1600/tgre.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...ris-arpels.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...020ab0d2c2.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d/a1e2a111.jpg
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...NDM3MQ%3D%3D.2
Old 10-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Most of the ladies above are totally unknown to me, and I am more interested in royals than the average dude in the street. That the diadem was loaned to Princess Grace was logic, she was more famous than that Prince of tiny Monaco when she married him.

That Cartier Essex diadem more or less proves my point: it was worn by Princess Margareta of Romania, it was worn by Lady Clementine Churchill, it was worn by a couple of other ladies, but it is still, after so many decades, not sold by Cartier. Isn't the core business of a jeweller to sell jewels indeed?
Old 10-09-2016, 03:34 AM
Nobility

the one that grace wore i posted it for the other two woman Duchess Diane of Württemberg nee orleans and Princess Constance of Bourbon-Parma
the reason that it isn't sold because it's in cartier permanent collection it's always on display u have to keep in mind that this aren't a everyday use pieces if it ever sold it's more likely gonna be for a collection or jewels collector and having a royal provenance would add more to the price
Old 10-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks. Yes Diane von Württemberg, I recognized her too. Constance de Bourbon de Parme is new to me.

If Cartier holds a permanent collection, and other famous jewelry houses too: what stops the royal families to sell all their jewels for hard €€€ and make borrowing arrangements with these jewelry houses?
Old 10-09-2016, 03:47 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I very much doubt that any of the tiaras worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are made of real diamonds, aquamarines and pearls. If so, the jeweller did a horrendous job as they look like they are made of crystal at best.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Thanks. Yes Diane von Württemberg, I recognized her too. Constance de Bourbon de Parme is new to me.

If Cartier holds a permanent collection, and other famous jewelry houses too: what stops the royal families to sell all their jewels for hard €€€ and make borrowing arrangements with these jewelry houses?
why risking historic and family pieces been dismantled when there is no need for money . the kokoshnik that princess elizabeth of yugoslavia loaned van cleef and arpels replaced the emerald in it with glass .
Old 10-09-2016, 05:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I very much doubt that any of the tiaras worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are made of real diamonds, aquamarines and pearls. If so, the jeweller did a horrendous job as they look like they are made of crystal at best.
you could be right but if you put in front of me the tiaras that the grand duchess wore and queen letizia Ansorena Fleur-de-Lis Tiara and told me to point at the fake of them i would point on the Ansorena tiara
Old 10-09-2016, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I need to see a HQ. If real, it is truly an imperial piece. If it is a loan from Cartier, I can not imagine it are plastic beads.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Jewellers borrow tiaras out all the time, I'm sure for the majority of clients they charge so make something from it, but for really high profile royal ladies - e.g. Princess Grace they probably get more from the publicity so don' t charge. Why do jewellers have tiaras in stock - I imagine tiaras aren't exactly the best selling items with few potential buyers so why not loan them out until someone wants to buy one.

I doubt any of the tiaras owned by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna are real jewels unless they are loaned from a jeweller.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Maria Vladimirovna Romanova has also worn jewels with which her mother Leonida Georgiyevna Bagration-Moukhranskaya was seen. So it can not be all fake.

Grand Duchess Maria: Picture from Pinterest
Grand Duchess Leonida: Picture from Pinterest

A beautiul diamond-and-pearls diadem on her wedding day: Picture from Squarespace
A diamond-and-rubies diadem: Picture from ICSmalta
A Russian kokoshnik style diadem worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: picture

And a few more. The diadem with the hanging pearls looks less fake than this one by Queen Letizia. The way the hanging pearls are "catched" by diamond encrusted ivy (?) leafs (picture) seems not indicate it is Made in China.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
Fabulous. If real, it is an impressive diamond-and-aquamarine piece.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Nobility

i think the drops are diamonds not aquamarine
Old 10-09-2016, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i think the drops are diamonds not aquamarine
Which would make it even more fabulous

Edit, they are definitely blue-coloured stones and not diamonds: picture

The earrings are the same as in Monte-Carlo: picture.