The Top Frocks of Royal Ascot 2017
Another year, another Royal Ascot done and dusted. We were treated to a plethora of colourful frocks and chapeaus this past week as members of the British Royal Family and the Al Maktoums from Dubai graced Ascot Racecourse with their presence for the year’s most prestigious racing week.
We’ve put together a quick list of our top five ensembles from Ascot 2017.
5. Princess Eugenie, Day Four: The only non-block colour frock on our list, Eugenie’s L.K. Bennett blue dress with a floral print was worn with a Bundle McLaren navy blue saucer hat with yellow flowers that picked up hues from the dress.
4. Zara Tindall, Day Three: A cream chiffon shirtdress with a ruffled bodice worn with a baby pink Juliette Botterill percher hat and grey accessories earns equestrienne Zara a spot on our list.
3. The Countess of Wessex, Day Three: Ladies Day saw a lot of creams and whites, Sophie followed her niece’s colour palette in this ivory stripe dress from Susannah that had a custom rounded neckline. She paired it with a Jane Taylor cocktail hat adorned with feathers.
2. The Countess of Wessex, Day Two: Bringing to mind the costumes from My Fair Lady was Sophie’s salmon pink Emilia Wickstead frock that she paired with a gorgeous boater hat in plum with roses and a twist from Jane Taylor.
1. Princess Eugenie of York, Day Three: In an ensemble echoing the one she wore last June at the Queen’s 90th birthday thanksgiving service (number one on our Eugenie’s Top Five Fashion Moments list!), this fire-engine red pleated full-skirted number from Preen and navy saucer hat with red flowers and navy feathers from Bundle McLaren earns the top spot for our Ascot 2017 runway.
(I have now realised that this entry should have been entitled, ‘The Eugenie and Sophie Power Hour’…)
Best in Queen. Queen Elizabeth, Day Four: Her Majesty’s best look was this ‘muted jade’ creation from Stewart Parvin with a matching Rachel Trevor-Morgan hat (bookies had to pay out on three colours: blue, green and turquoise). She paired it with her signature pearls and the Jardine Star Brooch.Filed under The United Kingdom
Tagged Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Fashion, Hats, Princess Eugenie of York, Royal Ascot, The Countess of Wessex, Zara Tindall.