Princess Eugenie of York at 27: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
Today is the 27th birthday of Princess Eugenie of York, the younger daughter of the Duke of York and Sarah Ferguson. The Princess – like her sister – has never been afraid to take a sartorial risk, and has really grown into her fashion style over the past few years, so let’s take a look at her five best fashion moments.
5. Attending the 2016 Trooping the Colour, Princess Eugenie donned a dark green dress and cardigan set whose colour went perfectly with her cream Vivien Sheriff hat featuring plum and brown feathers.
4. Eugenie is a staple at Royal Ascot each year, and her navy and baby pink Roksanda dress on Day 3 of 2016 meet earns a place on the list. Featuring a full skirt, an exaggerated collar and waist detailing in baby pink and white with a hint of yellow, the dress fitted Eugenie’s figure to a T. The Princess paired it with a blush pink open-weave straw hat from Jess Collett.
3. For the service of thanksgiving to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012, the Princess wore a panelled satin dress in a brilliant shade of purple. She also wore a pillbox-style hat in pale purple with a cluster of feathers on one side. The most intriguing part of her ensemble? Her Union Jack adorned finger nails.
2. This black, tan and white colour block evening dress was Eugenie’s choice for a dinner in New York to celebrate the 600th anniversary of St Andrew’s University in December 2014. A minimalist pairing of gold hoop earrings and black clutch ensured the busy dress was not competing with any other elements. Her bob worn straight is this blogger’s favourite Eugenie do.
1. The Princess’s best fashion moment came last June (2016 was really Eugenie’s year!) as she attended a service of thanksgiving to mark her grandmother’s 90th birthday. Eugenie looked stunning in a fire-engine red Eponine London dress with three-quarter length sleeves and cut-out detailing around the neckline. Her loose curls, kept in place by a navy bow fascinator, perfected the ’50s-style look.Filed under The United Kingdom
Tagged Birthday, Fashion, Princess Eugenie of York.