Queen Beatrix At International Art Manifestation
On saturday, queen Beatrix of The Netherlands attended the international Art manifestation ”Open Source” in the Bijlmer in Amsterdam. The queen looked at sixteen pieces of art that are displayed between a 3 kilometer route between the subway stations Bijlmer-Arena and Kraaiennest.
During her walk the queen talked to the artists and she was surrounded by many people from the neighbourhood, who all wanted to take a picture of their queen and applauded her. Earlier that morning there was an official programme with speeches and performances. When the queen arrived she received a standing ovation. ‘The fact that you are here after a turbulent and emotional week, is heart warming’ said Willem Kwekkeboom, who organized the manifestation.
Click here to see a clip of the visit at AT5.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Exhibition, Princess Beatrix.
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Prince Henrik Presents African Art ahead of Exhibition Opening
- Dubai ruler visits Art Dubai & attends horse show
- Queen Beatrix and ‘The Girls of Verkade’
- Queen Beatrix Attends ‘Granida’