King Philippe and Queen Mathilde’s Visits to the Provinces
On Friday September 6th, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde started their visits to the Provinces in Leuven, Province of Flemish-Brabant
Having arrived in the morning, the Royal Couple were greeted by Governor Lodewijk De Witte and Mayor Louis Tobback at the Town Hall, where an official reception took place and where they met authorities of welfare, culture, business and sports.
Then the King and the Queen went for a walk on the Market Square, De Somer, where they greeted the people. At the music center “Het Depot” in the Martyrs Square, the Royal Couple attended various performances of young artists.
The first visit to the provinces ended with a working lunch at the County Hall about “How Flemish Brabant increasingly international evolves”. Present were representatives of the Leuven University and businesses.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged Belgian Installation 2013, King Philippe, Queen Mathilde.
- King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima Begin Province Visits
- Prince Philippe visits Fire-Struck Nursing Home
- King Mswati III of Swaziland Visits Zimbabwe
- Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde attended the opening session of the ‘Erasmian European Youth Parliament’
- King Baudouin International Development Prize awarded