Belgian King Takes Son to Hockey Championships
The Red Panthers and the Red Lions (the Belgian national hockey teams) had a royal cheer squad for their first pool matches in the EuroHockey Nations Championships yesterday, as King Philippe and his elder son Gabriel attended both the women’s and men’s games.
King Philippe and Prince Gabriel meet with the Panthers (the female team) before their match, after listening to the team sing an acapella version of the Belgian national anthem, Brabançonne. Later in the night, the duo also got to met with the Lions (the male team).
The royal spectators were able to head home happy – the Panthers beat Belarus 5-1, while the Lions defeated reigning champions, and Olympic gold medalists, Germany 2-1.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged King Philippe, Prince Gabriel of Belgium, Sport.
- Belgian Royal Family Attend Anniversary Mass for King Baudouin
- Belgian Royals open ‘Son of Heaven’ Exhibition
- Belgian Photo Session in France
- Belgian Royals celebrates The King’s Feast
- Belgian Yacht Controversy Continues