Queen Sofia’s Visit to Bolivia
October 15th-19th, 2012
Her Majesty Queen Sofia embarked on a four-day visit to the Republic of Bolivia from October 15th until October 19th.
Queen Sofia was accompanied on this visit by the Spanish Secretary of State for International Cooperation and for Latin America, Jesus Gracia. The aim of the visit was to reaffirm that Bolivia will remain a priority for aid by the Spanish Government, despite the dire economic climate in Spain.
While in Bolivia, the Queen attended an official dinner in her honour which was hosted by the Bolivian President, Evo Morales, in La Paz. Her Majesty also meet with Spanish aid workers and the Spanish religious leaders who are residing in Bolivia.
The Queen also met with members of the Spanish community and went onto visit several educational, religious and archaeological sites.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Bolivia, Co-Operation Trip, Humanitarian Efforts, President Morales, Queen Sofia.
- Big Relief for Bolivia as President Evo Morales Visits Spain
- Japan’s Prince and Princess Hitachi Visit Okinawa (Bolivia)
- Queen Sofia’s Visit to the Philippines
- Japanese Royals Attend Japanese Emigration Anniversary in Peru and Bolivia
- Spanish King and Queen Visit Florida