Duke & Duchess of Palma and Family Return to Barcelona
Barcelona – August 27th, 2012
Earlier this week, Infanta Cristina, Duchess of Palma, her husband Don Inaki Urdangarin and their four children, Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene, returned to their Barcelona residence. It is also believed that their four children will return to school in Barcelona shortly after the summer holidays.
The family have lived in Washington, D.C. since 2009, when the Duke took up a lucrative position with Spanish telecom giant, Telefónica. The Palma family also retained their residence in the Catalan capital.
Urdangarin is currently preparing his defence in an ongoing alleged corruption investigation which has caused outrage in Spain. In a recent statement, the Duke of Palma confirmed that he has asked for ‘temporary leave’ from Telefónica and has stepped down from his post as Chairman of Telefonica International USA.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Infanta Cristina, Irene Urdangarín, Juan Urdangarín, Miguel Urdangarín, Pablo Urdangarín, The Duke of Palma de Mallorca.
- Duke and Duchess of Palma, Family Return to Barcelona
- 14th Wedding Anniversary of The Duke & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
- Infanta Cristina, Children Return to Spain for Funeral
- The Duke of Palma de Mallorca Summoned to Testify in Court
- The Duke of Palma appears before Balearic Court