Princess Lalla Aicha of Morocco Dies
On Sunday the Royal House of Morocco announced the death of King Mohammed V I´s aunt, HRH Princess Lalla Aicha of Morroco, at age 81.
Lalla Aicha was born on June 17, 1930 at the Royal Palace in Rabat. She was the second daughter of the late King Mohammed V of Morocco and his first wife, Lalla Abla bint Tahar. After King Mohammed V´s death, her brother, the late King Hassan II, appointed her as Morocco´s Ambassador in the United Kingdom (1965–69), Greece (1969–70) and Italy (1970–73). Her Highness was married two times. First in 1961 to Moulay Hassan Al-Yaqubi, with whom she had two daughters, Lalla Zubaida and Lalla Nufissa. The couple were divorced in 1972 and Lalla Aicha got married at same year as third wife of HH Moulay Hassan Al Mahdi.
The funeral will take place today, September 5, 2011. Lalla Aicha will be buried in the Moulay Al Hassan Mausoleum at the Royal Palace in Rabat.Filed under Moroccan Royals
Tagged Death, Lalla Aicha.
- Princess Lalla Khadija of Morocco Celebrates her 4th Birthday
- Moroccan Crown Prince Completes 1st Grade
- Morocco Royals Remember the Late Hassan II
- King Mohammed VI, Lalla Salma Receive Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Moulay Rachid & Lalla Meryem at the Hassan II Golf Trophy