From the Royal Genealogy threads – July 2011
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads, this time with news for July 2011. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Nadja Anna of Schaumburg-Lippe had their second child and second daughter together on 10 July. Princess Philomena joins older sister Princess Felipa and older half-brother, Hereditary Prince Ernst-August.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– Prince Antonius and Princess Matilde of Fürstenberg, née Countess Borromeo (1st child)
– Princess Maria Lobkowicz and Vish Khanna (1st child, due in August)
– Prince Friedrich Alexander and Princess Isabella of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Wallerstein. (2nd child)
Royal engagements and weddings
Prince Siaosi Tuku’aho of Tonga, eldest son of Crown Prince Tupouto’a Lavaka and Princess Nanasipau’u Tuku’aho and second in line to the throne, announced his engagement to his first cousin the Hon Sinaitakala Fakafanua, only daughter of Princess ‘Ofeina Fakafanua and the late Fakafanua, on 28 July.
On 1 July, The Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Prince Albert II, married Charlene Wittstock. Their religious wedding took place on July 2.
The wedding of Prince Rashid bin Hassan bin Talal of Jordan, only son of Prince Hassan and his wife Princess Sarvath, and Zaina Shaban took place on 22 July.
Zara Phillips, daughter of the British Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, married Michael Tindall on July 30 in Scotland.
Archduke Otto of Austria, the former head of the Imperial family, died on 4 July. The late Archduke lost his wife, née Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen, on 3 February 2010. Together they have 7 children, Archduchess Andrea, Archduchess Monika, Archduchess Michaela, Archduchess Gabriela, Archduchess Walburga, Archduke Karl and Archduke Georg. Archduke Karl has been the head of the Imperial and Royal family since January 2007, when the late Archduke Otto relinquished his status as the Head. Archduke Otto leaves behind:
- Archduchess Andrea, who is married to Hereditary Count Karl Eugen of Neipperg and they have 3 sons and 2 daughters, Count Philipp, who is married to Countess Paula and they have 2 children, Johanna and Stephan; Counts Benedikt and Dominik, and Countesses Hemma and Katharina.
- Archduchess Monika, who is married to Don Luis Gonzaga de Casanova-Cárdenas, Duke of Santangelo, they have 4 sons. Baltasar, Duke of Maqueda, Gabriel, Marquess del Aguila, Rafael and Santiago.
- Archduchess Michaela, was first married to Eric Alba Teran d’Antin with whom she has 2 sons, Marc, who’s engaged to Tricia Johnston, and Justin, and a daughter, Carla. They are divorced. The Archduchess then married Count Hubertus of Kageneck. They are divorced.
- Archduchess Gabriela, was married to Christian Meister. They are divorced. They have 3 children, Severin, Lioba and Alene.
- Archduchess Walburga, who is married to Count Archibald Douglas. They have 1 son, Count Moritz.
- Archduke Karl, who is married to Archduchess Francesca, née Baroness Thyssen-Bornemisza. They have 2 daughters, Archduchesses Eleonore and Gloria, and 1 son, Archduke Ferdinand.
- Archduke Georg, who is married to Archduchess Eilika, née Duchess of Oldenburg. They have 2 daughters, Archduchesses Zsófia and Ildiko, and 1 son, Archduke Károly-Konstantin.
Princess Ilse Lilly of Croy died 4 July. She was the second wife of Prince Clemens of Croy and leaves behind him and his children and grandchildren.
Princess Maria Sidonia “Sonia” of Lobkowicz died on 8 July. The Princess had never married.
Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria, née Countess von Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems, died on 8 July. The Archduchess was married to the late Archduke Georg, and they had 9 children, the late Archduke Guntram; Archduke Radbot [who is married to Countess Caroline of Habsburg. They have 2 sons, Count Leopold, who is married to Countess Nina, with whom he has 1 daugher, Chiara, and 2 sons, Felix and Georg; Count Maximilian, and 1 daughter, Countess Eleonore, who is married to Marquis Francesco Pelagello. They have 2 children, Leone and Bernardo Pelagallo]; the late Archduchess Marie Christine; Archduchess Walburga [who married as his second wife, Carl-Eduard Tasso de Saxe-Coburgo e Bragança. They have 8 children, Afonso-Carlos, who is married to Charlotte and they have 1 daughter, Pia], Teresa [who is married to Christian Hunt], José, Maria Leopoldina [who is married to Alessandro Pavone. They have 4 children, the late Eugenia, Eduardo, Sofia and a son whose name isn’t public knowledge], Carolina [who is married to Sebastian Delcourt], Antonio [who is married to Gabrielle, they have 2 children, Armando and Pedro-Antonio], Fernando & Maria-Aparecida; the late Archduchess Verena; the late Archduke Johann; Archduchess Katharina [who is married to Roland Huber], Archduchess Agnes [who is married to Freiherr Peter of Fürstenberg. They have 3 children, Freiin Marie Rose, who is married to Martin Thiemich, they have 3 children, Benjamin, Anna and Katharina; Freiin Valerie and Freiher Franz-Egon] and Archduke Georg. The late Archduchess Marie Valerie was the great- granddaughter of Emperor Franz Joseph and Empress Elisabeth “Sisi” of Austria, King and Qeen of Hungary, née Duchess in Bavaria, via their daughter, Archduchess Marie-Valerie, who’s daughter Archduchess Elisabeth and her husband Count Georg of Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg are the parents of the recently deceased Archduchess.
Princess Katrin of Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha died on 13 July. The Princess was the third wife of the late Prince Friedrich and leaves behind his children and grandchildren.
Inkhosikati Lomakholwa LaMgunundvu, one of the wives of the late King Sobhuza II of Swaziland, died on 16 July. She leaves behind 5 children, 31 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda of Thailand died on 27 July. The Princess was the only child of the late King Vajiravudh (Rama VI) and the late Princess Suvadhana. If she had been a boy, she would have been the King of Thailand. The Princess’s father and the grandfather of the current King of Thailand were brothers.
Prince Khalid bin Yazeed bin Abdullah bin Abdulrahman Al Saud of Saudi Arabia died, most likely on 29 July.
The genealogy threads:
– Royal Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Royal Births 2011
– Royal Engagements 2011
– Royal Marriages 2011
– Royal Deaths 2011
– Noble Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Noble Births Announcements 2011
– Noble Engagements Announcements 2011
– Noble Marriages Announcements 2011
– Noble Deaths Announcements 2011
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.