Prince Ali Officially Sworn in as FIFA Vice-President for Asia
During the FIFA Annual Congress Meeting in Zurech, His Royal Highness Prince Ali bin Al Hussein of Jordan officially took power as the FIFA Vice-President representing Asia.
On this occasion, the youngest FIFA Vice President has given an interview to the Associated Press. The prince calls upon the soccer’s governing body to abandon its culture of political intrigue after a series of corruption scandals. He added “I think all of us now have to focus — as am I, as is someone like Michel Platini and others — on the game itself.”
Prince Ali, who is 35 years old, was elected to fill this position last January. He is the current head of the Jordanian Football Association and the founder of the West Asian Football Federation.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged FIFA, Prince Ali, Soccer, Sport.
- Prince Ali wins FIFA Vice Presidency
- Prince Ali of Jordan plans to fill the position of FIFA Vice President
- Prince Ali visits Palestine
- Queen Rania Receives FIFA Presidential Award
- Prince William Campaigns for England’s 2018 World Cup Bid