The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 11: April 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful dress, perfect for a summer's day outing. The detail at the top is nice & gives it some extra style. As always, her jewelry is fantastic!

(..)
Camilla looks nice and summery today

Last edited by a moderator:

Off topic posts and replies to them have been deleted. Please discuss fashion only - thank you!

:previous: Camilla's dress is quite drab in colour for me. Particularly for a flower show where there'll be lots of bright colours I would have liked to see her in something more vibrant.

There are two schools of thought on dressing for flower shows.

Go big and compete with the flowers. Or, be more understated and let the floral arrangements shine. The later generally photographs better.

There are subsets of this argument: Wear green and you are either perceived as blending in or showing off the floral displays
AND
Wear floral or not? Depending on the color/size of print it can be a risk but most royals opt for some kind of floral-ish print.

I think this was fine and what she had either packed or at the house. She rarely dresses to impress; rather I think she dresses to carry on.

Well she certainly doesn't look drab to me. Now if she'd worn a floral I would have been surprised because generally they are not her thing.

I think Camilla puts a great deal of thought into her wardrobe as opposed to 'fashion'. Her styles are appropriate and fitting for the engagement at hand although the heatwave has seen one or two of her hot weather travelling wardrobe make an appearance. And that parasol is definitely her style for no other reason than she has made it hers!

Well she certainly doesn't look drab to me. Now if she'd worn a floral I would have been surprised because generally they are not her thing.

I think Camilla puts a great deal of thought into her wardrobe as opposed to 'fashion'. Her styles are appropriate and fitting for the engagement at hand although the heatwave has seen one or two of her hot weather travelling wardrobe make an appearance. And that parasol is definitely her style for no other reason than she has made it hers!

I wasn't insinuating that Camilla doesn't put much thought in her wardrobe, my observation was based purely on my own personal opinion of the colour of her dress. I'm sure she chooses her outfits well and has a team of advisors to choose for her if she doesn't know what to wear. The outfit itself is fine, as I said I was referring to the colours when I said it looked drab - not the overall appearance.
The world would be boring if we all had the same fashion taste!

She looks lovely to me....brought a smile thinking of paisley print dresses from yesteryear.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall at the Sandringham Flower Show today, July 25: ** Full view ** Upper part ** July 2018 ** July 2016 **

I think it's a great dress. Love the material and pattern. :flowers: Camilla looks great. It's interesting how much more vivid the colors of the dress look in the July 2018 picture than in the current ones. It's to do with lighting and angle, I think.

Last edited:
I wasn't insinuating that Camilla doesn't put much thought in her wardrobe, my observation was based purely on my own personal opinion of the colour of her dress. I'm sure she chooses her outfits well and has a team of advisors to choose for her if she doesn't know what to wear. The outfit itself is fine, as I said I was referring to the colours when I said it looked drab - not the overall appearance.
The world would be boring if we all had the same fashion taste!
You are absolutely correct, there would be nothing worth talking about if we all admired the same style or fashion. That is why I specified my opinion "Well she certainly doesn't look drab to me" and "I think Camilla puts . . ."

Since I was saying I didn't agree and why I obviously left the personal aspect open which was not my intent. I believe it will be a lot easier if I use IMO and IMHO more often. In fact, it wouldn't do us all any harm to use them as well.

There was a time when those acronyms littered our discussions and consequently any direct personal slaps were screamingly obvious and dealt with by the moderators. The by-product was conversations that ebbed and flowed with ease and people didn't feel singled out or ganged up on.

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 11: April 2018 -

You are absolutely correct, there would be nothing worth talking about if we all admired the same style or fashion. That is why I specified my opinion "Well she certainly doesn't look drab to me" and "I think Camilla puts . . ."

Since I was saying I didn't agree and why I obviously left the personal aspect open which was not my intent. I believe it will be a lot easier if I use IMO and IMHO more often. In fact, it wouldn't do us all any harm to use them as well.

There was a time when those acronyms littered our discussions and consequently any direct personal slaps were screamingly obvious and dealt with by the moderators. The by-product was conversations that ebbed and flowed with ease and people didn't feel singled out or ganged up on.

What I wasn’t sure on was if you were specifically referring to your own opinion or mine when you were referring to the effort in her wardrobe - hence why I sounded somewhat confused. Now that you have kindly cleared this up for me I understand where you were coming from (just me getting the wrong end of the stick!).
I sometimes also use these acronyms when I feel they’re needed - they are indeed helpful in guiding discussions.

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall lovely in black and white during a visit to the refurbished Maiden yacht today, September 5:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Very nice! I like that neckline on the Duchess.

Nice dress & jewels. Seems pretty dressy for the occasion, perhaps there was a reception afterwards.

I always wear my pearl choker on the yacht. :lol: She looks nice and I am glad it was not so cool that she needed the wrap.

Very nice! I like that neckline on the Duchess.
I agree, it is a very flattering style and displays her pearl choker really well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Duchess looked lovely in that black and white out the scarf was appropriate too as its early autumn.

Perfect dress… she looks VERY good ! Wonderful that she shows that you can look very good at any age !

A lovely look for Camilla. Very sleek and stylish - this would also be a great evening outfit!

Today, September 7, the Duchess of Cornwall had a number of engagements in Glasgow and looked good in light blue:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Very elegant!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another very flattering outfit ! Looking great Camilla !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom