The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 11: April 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of her best look ever.
Incredibly flattering. Bruce Oldfield ?

She looks amazing...the color and style...jewelry!

LaRae

Yes Bruce Oldfield!

It's really stunning. The more I look at it, the more I see to like. Look at that lovely hemline. It must move like a dream when she walks. If only we could see it in motion.

Sophisticated and extremely flattering. What a stunning look from the Duchess.

Camilla looks stunning beyond belief, just marvelous tonight. What a very handsome couple they make and the love is there for all to see......A showstopper of a gown for all to see.

All these outfit are really gorgeous and they suit her perfectly ! I especially love the blue shoes !

Beautiful blue dress, suits her perfectly.

For the Julien Macdonald Fashion Show for the National Osteoporosis Society the Duchess of Cornwall recycled the very pretty black and white dress she had worn at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall on November 10:

** Full view ** Upper part ** November 10 **

Love the earrings this time.

Actually I liked the whole dress a lot more as, when she was seated, the white was a little too much. Stand up and the whole 'look' changes. And yes, those beautiful earrings were far more flattering with that dress than her everyday pearls were. Yet another effortlessly elegant look.

The Duchess of Cornwall looking good at a reception for winners of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition at Buckingham Palace today, November 22:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And in the evening she attended a reception to celebrate the centenary of Australia House in London:

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall looking good at a reception for winners of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition at Buckingham Palace today, November 22:

Wow, does Camilla have a new stylist? I looked at this ensemble and was initially taken aback because it is so fresh, stylish and it really suits her. I love the navy and white horizontal striped skirt because they are just so different on her and, is that yet another pearl choker?

And in the evening she attended a reception to celebrate the centenary of Australia House in London:

I am not quite sure what to make of this ensemble but hey, it's got a cape-style wrap top so I have to love it. It looks like the top of the dress is black velvet and with a slightly scooped neck to allow us to see her larger evening diamond clasp pearl choker.

It looks like Camilla has decided to freshen up her look and the change of season is a perfect time. I think she knows it would be easy to get into a totally boring rut and be wearing variations on what she wore a decade ago.

^^^^^ Fond and warm! Spring and Autumn are notoriously chilly and somewhat unpredictable the 'Country' style works perfectly.

Very cozy, and with a matching skirt underneath. The hat is also predictable, since she seems to have variations of those in several colors. I always wonder what her hair looks like after she takes one of those off, since fake fur always tends to result in static and hat head for most people. Do royals suffer from "hat head"?:eek:

At least they aren't identical - she does change her scarf! Seriously, it must be warm and comfortable and she looks good.

Ista, I loved your comment about "hat head". Supposedly, that is the reason, QEII doesn't wear a riding helmet.

:previous: Well she must be the most expert hat hair exponent on the earth with every day a new colour and matching hat and then, of course, there are tiaras! I guess trotting around the park with a headscarf is the nicest, most relaxing pastime.

I love Camilla's practical approach to clothing, hot climate is a lot of local custom and at home, outside in the bitter cold its warmth over chic, but that is not to say she isn't stylish. Royal elegance she saves for those special occasions.

That's a very becoming shade of blue on Camilla, and I like the shape of the coat--very becoming!

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Queen's Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace yesterday, December 4:

** Full view **

Now that is a gorgeous gown on Camilla, quite her style and perfect with her tiara. From looking at the picture it seems that the color is set for all 3 ladies tonight, even HM looks great, and boy are the diamonds out tonight. Wonder who made Camilla's gown for those crystals down the front are making the gown sparkle when she walks I bet.

I think she looks great. She is dressing appropriately for her age, station and personal taste.

People are hating on this look, but to me, what is to hate? How else does a 70ish lady wear white evening wear fabric and not look like the Queen (because she has to be different) or look like a bride? White is tough.

Camilla looked beautiful last night. The white gown with crystals was gorgeous, and the shape suited her well.

I love the color of the blue suit, and the cut is flattering and appropriate. I'm less enthusiastic about the satin band at the hemline because is chops up the silhouette and makes Camilla look a bit stumpy, which she is not. It would have been better if the skirt were all the same fabric.

:previous:

At first view I thought so as well, but then I started to like it, as it renders a special touch.. ?

Later today Camilla visited an Alfred Munning's exhibition at the National Army Museum in London:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Cape jacket January 2018 **

Last edited:
I like that cape jacket. She wore it over her dress in the car on the way to last year's diplomatic reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom