The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 11: April 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looks lovely--is that pale pink, or is it white?

Another gorgeous dress for Camilla. If anything, she know what she likes and what looks good on her and also her choices seem to be right in line with how a future Queen Consort dresses.

No fighting here either over designers and labels. Just her clothes. :D

Yes, it is a more dignified and regal way of going about things. Timeless quality with the clothes making a statement on their own with no room for speculation about cost and designer.

Yes, it is a more dignified and regal way of going about things. Timeless quality with the clothes making a statement on their own with no room for speculation about cost and designer.

Oh, they still try. But since Camilla wears almost all repeats on every tour and all her clothes are bespoke they can’t go after her wardrobe. So they go after her jewelry.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...milla-Parker-Bowles-Duchess-of-Cornwall-Ghana

Or stupid articles like this about her ‘’new’’ earrings that she’s been wearing for years.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...les-prince-charles-earrings-today-latest-news

pink........
OK! I have to say it . . . She's looking in the pink to say the least. [emoji176] [emoji176] Yet another beautiful gown that suits her style. Charles must be so proud of his Lady. [emoji4] She make him look good with her wit and intelligence and her sense of style is the cheery on top. [emoji3]

I like it. Love the white details.

I thought the DoC looked very elegant and lovely this morning, but I am not liking all the frou-frou on the evening ensemble. The hat, the ruffles all seem a bit much. I do like the color, however.

Last edited:
I thought the DoC looked very elegant and lovely this morning, but I am not liking all the frou-frou on the evening ensemble. The hat, the ruffles all seem a bit much. I do like the color, however.

Its an ensemble that has been around for a few years.

I love Camillia and no one can wear a great hat like her. Except maybe Maxima. But the purple is a bit much. She looked very elegant this morning.

I really love this color on her and in fact I like the dress also....very cute for a fun evening at the theater.

The dress Camilla wore for the recording of the show is one she has worn before, on these older photos you can also see it from the front:

** October 2016 ** May 2018 **

I do like the colour, but I can't claim to be a fan of this dress.

Count me in with not being a fan of this dress. Its hard to pin just why. Most likely because of the layers of those ruffly things. Its just not my taste at all. To girly-girly like something a tweenager would wear. That's just me though. All that ruffly stuffs makes the top look too boxy for Camilla.

There is a long version of this dress hidden somewhere, wich is a bit better.
The colour is gorgeous though.

There is a long version of this dress hidden somewhere, wich is a bit better.
The colour is gorgeous though.
She has the longer dress in this Cour and cream/ yellow as well

I love this color on Camilla, and I wouldn't mind the ruffles if the waistline had been dropped even lower. As it is, the ruffles begin at an unflattering point on her torso. The idea is fun, but the execution would have been better if the ruffles had not started where they did.

Nice to see her in a saturated color, though; she wears it very well!

Last edited:
Ruffles are hard. They can add that perfect extra bit to soften a harsher, more-classic look. But too much ruffle and they look costume-y or silly. I think a lot has to do with the wearer and the scale.
Someone who is strong and large, might be able to wear a larger ruffle than someone who is already small and soft. A less full bell to a sleeve is less likely to appear cutesy than a similarly sized full on gathered ruffle.
But to my eye, rows of ruffles always look trendy. And lots of gathers or pleats always looks more suited to children than to grown women. But that's entirely my taste.
I still support women who say the heck with it and wear what they like. But problems arise when you have the sort of job where the public thinks you should be dressing to please them. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall lovely in white on the family photo released for the Prince of Wales' birthday:

** Full view **

She looks great. It was a very happy family photo.

The Duchess of Cornwall lovely in blue at a tea held to "celebrate 70 inspirational people marking their 70th birthday" at Spencer House today, November 14:

** Full view **

This is a little bit of a departure for Camilla, but it's very lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom