The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 11: November 2020 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hat and the dress is quite lovely but they don't go well with each other.

The color and overall shape of the dress is nice on Sophie, but there is something about the ruffles on the top of the dress that is making me not like the total look.

I’m not sure what it is, but there’s something about this that doesn’t work for me.

Another great look today for Sophie although it would be more elegant without the ruffles.

The color and overall shape of the dress is nice on Sophie, but there is something about the ruffles on the top of the dress that is making me not like the total look.

Yes I agree about the ruffles on the dress ,they don't work.
The colour is nice.

I think her figure and stature doesn’t suit ruffles. Very few ‘mature’ women do.

For me it's the number of ruffles that's the issue. There are just too many of them, and in combination with the hat it all seems a little overwrought. The color is wonderful, though, and I like the hat, just not with that dress.

yep - looks a bit overdone. just a bit overly designed

Sophie wins the Hat game for both days! But today's dress ... no, thank you!

Love the hat, love the dress color, I do not like the dress itself.

I like the hat, but not the dress. The print is fine, but I dislike the bows on shoulder and the hem, it seems too long and the asymmetric hem doesn't look well with this print. And the shoes looks so random with the whole outfit.

Gosh not keen at all , with the whole out fit .

Oh my!! Not her perfect style for today!

Oh my giddy Aunt. The whole outfit is so hideous it's verging on Widow Twanky.

why are there bows on the arms? At first I would say it is a nice dress - but this is not the function to wear it to, But if Ascot is not the place to wear it - then where do you wear it ? It does appear to be a nice outfit - on the model. But not for Sophie.

At Royal Ascot on June 16, 2022, the Countess of Wessex is trying to get onto a Worst Dressed list.

How can a lady who looked so elegant on day 1 think this monstrous ensemble looks good?

why are there bows on the arms? At first I would say it is a nice dress - but this is not the function to wear it to, But if Ascot is not the place to wear it - then where do you wear it ? It does appear to be a nice outfit - on the model. But not for Sophie.

Spot on. Worn without the hat, minus the bows, the pendant and with a less clunky shoe, on a different occasion it might work for the Countess, but this is an unfortunate, and costly, mistake.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom