Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the shoe fits...or rather, if the dress doesn't fit...:lol:

The dress actually fits. Sarah is however a curvy woman and does not fit the standard of stick thinness that was decided to be attractive. I like that she embraced her curves and is wearing something that shows them off instead of hiding them.

Her evening look was lovely. Not a fan of the day dress, especially with that unflattering hat.

Her daytime look almost could have been something worn in the 80s but with the shoulder pads cut off, the hat especially!

That said she has a lovely smile on a her daughters special day.

The evening outfit seemed much better and her hair was 1000% better.

If the shoe fits...or rather, if the dress doesn't fit...:lol:

Sorry, I just don’t have it in me to criticize a near-elderly woman on her daughter’s wedding day. She was suitably and attractively attired, and not every nit needs to be picked. Have a heart, ladies.

Sorry, I just don’t have it in me to criticize a near-elderly woman on her daughter’s wedding day. She was suitably and attractively attired, and not every nit needs to be picked. Have a heart, ladies.

I agree. Some of this commentary is horrible and offensive. It’s ok not to like it. I’ve liked other things she’s worn better but I still think she looked nice overall.

I honestly though she looked wonderful for a woman her age, and frankly, history.

She looked like a healthy, normal woman of her generation wearing what I thought was a very flattering dress. I like the color. I thought the hat was totally in her wheelhouse. I was really happy for her and how she looked.

No one stays 30 years old forever. Not everyone is a stick figure. Not everyone wants to wear billowing clothes to conceal how the body changes with age. Not everyone finds curviness disgusting. What the heck is wrong with wearing what you like on your body?

I think some commenters confuse what they like with what is appropriate or what they would wear in the situation. It's not our choice. And body shaming looks bad on every type of person who does it. JMO.

I don't think that Sarah is quite to the point where one could say she rode her dinosaur to school yet but she's getting up there like we all do/will.

I didn't care for her outfit at the church at all but that's just my taste showing. It doesn't reflect on Sarah as a person as I thinks she's generally a very warm hearted and thoughtful person with a boatload of personality.

She does however have one gorgeous head of hair and I loved how it was styled in the photo from the evening reception.

Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 -

Another picture from yesterday showing Sarah getting ready for the nights party.
Picture taken from the Instagram Story of her Swedish hairstylist Matias Stafsing via Twitter

I used the phrase “near elderly.” She is indeed near the age when she will be considered elderly.

This made me laugh, because Sarah definitely doesn't strike me in any way as elderly or near elderly. When she hits her 80's then you might have a point.

Another picture from yesterday showing Sarah getting ready for the nights party.
Picture taken from the Instagram Story of her Swedish hairstylist Matias Stafsing via Twitter

I am surprised by these "indiscretions" but then I had to remember Sarah is no royal and free to do so with her Swedish friends. The result was convincing, she looked very good.

I am surprised by these "indiscretions" but then I had to remember Sarah is no royal and free to do so with her Swedish friends. The result was convincing, she looked very good.

The team has both worked with Sarah before and posted pictures of it so I’m absolutely sure that she approves.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZB9sU3HFvV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=cssd8koo3p02
They also did some of the female guests at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia of Sweden and posted pictures of Anna von Bayern, a lady that I’m certain knows exactly how she wants things done and would not let them post without asking her first.
https://www.instagram.com/p/33vIwWoIYW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dvcqbl2z7zjw

I used the phrase “near elderly.” She is indeed near the age when she will be considered elderly.
Umm, Sarah is not even 60 years old. She is merely a mature woman, not near elderly.

To Queen Mathilde (Vienna), Queen Maxima Duchess Sarah, Please don't wear narrow dresses .

Last edited:

This is not about age, but about fashion, time to move on. Thank you!

It appears that I'm in the minority here but I think her wedding outfit is one of the better dresses Sarah has worn this year so far; that colour is fantastic. Minus her awful hat though, but then again I'm not really a hat person.

It appears that I'm in the minority here but I think her wedding outfit is one of the better dresses Sarah has worn this year so far; that colour is fantastic. Minus her awful hat though, but then again I'm not really a hat person.

I concur. I think she looked nice as the MOB. I've noticed even when Sarah and the girls are dressed very nicely over the years, there are some who will not even afford them a compliment and it's quite sad.

The dress actually fits. Sarah is however a curvy woman and does not fit the standard of stick thinness that was decided to be attractive. I like that she embraced her curves and is wearing something that shows them off instead of hiding them.

Sarah also got very positive reviews of the dress she wore to Harry's wedding, which was similarly fitted. Both were on the tight side, with sort of rolled collars. In fairness, I think she was trying to stick with a winning silhouette.

Sarah also got very positive reviews of the dress she wore to Harry's wedding, which was similarly fitted. Both were on the tight side, with sort of rolled collars. In fairness, I think she was trying to stick with a winning silhouette.

I think in this case Sarah was not flattered by the particular fabric that was chosen for the dress. The navy and pink dress she wore in May was made of a fabric that had a better hand, and therefore skimmed over her curves in a more becoming manner. The green fabric was thinner, slinkier, and had a tendency to wrinkle and cling in the wrong places. And, the truly unforgivable thing was that it showed perspiration under her arms, which the designer should be ashamed of not having foreseen and prevented.

Although I made a post about Sarah probably approving of the posted pictures someone does not approve since they have been removed during the last few hours ?

Although I made a post about Sarah probably approving of the posted pictures someone does not approve since they have been removed during the last few hours ?

Good glad they have , I think some times a little mystery when you are apart of the royal family is better than advertising how you’ve made some one up for her daughters wedding . ..

I've never been overly fond of satin gowns but for Sarah, with her red hair, the green is the perfect foil for it.

(..)

I didn't like the dress worn for the wedding at all but I'm not going to disparage the gown she worn for the evening. She very much looked like the mother of the bride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Posts about Sarah, the Duchess of York's body shape have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom