Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 10: January 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The arrival outfit in Greece was far nicer and a lovely colour on the queen.

The upper part of the coral dress and the hat are really great... the skirt doesn't work for some reason.

Mathilde looks nice in bright colors, though. (Unlike a certain spouse of hers.)

The departure outfit is gorgeous. The arrival one I don't really know. I think is overdressed. The hat also. Greeks don't wear hats. I would see well this outfit for Ascot but not for a state visit in a non very protocolar Republic. Bad day today it was very raining.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Oh dear do we know the designer of this floral outfit?

It looks like Mathilde also doesn't understand the concept of sleeves (guess she learned that from Máxima).

I dislike the outfit. I find it too much.

Can I say, I agree with you but I'm not sure if it's because I'm boring in taste a lot of the time. Simple things and muted colors for me.

When preparing a State Visit whose President is a Women , her staff should have known she is very clever , small not a fashion icon and she don't wear hats.
Queen Mathilde was totally overdressed during 3 days.

When preparing a State Visit whose President is a Women , her staff should have known she is very clever , small not a fashion icon and she don't wear hats.
Queen Mathilde was totally overdressed during 3 days.
Correct. In Greece women never wear hats as a protocolar accessory. The blame (if any) is totally in her stylists and protocol services. They honored the Greek designer in the evening official reception it means that they took time to prepare a special outfit. But they did not check the dress code.
The designer also should give his own advice not just to promote his mere evening red carpet gown.

And it is another point which I wonder. Not only for Queen Mathilde but also for Queen Maxima and CP Mette-Maritt. All these ladies are very tall. (1.80 cm around) Is it really necessary to wear very high heels while visiting short Heads of State? The Greek President is short, might be around 1.50. Why as a woman increase the 30 cm difference by adding another 10cm? Same when these ladies visited the Queen of UK or the Japan imperial couple.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Mathilde attended the "25 years of Sustainable Development Policy: a look at the past and the future" event in Brussels today, May 5, the jacket is by Giorgio Armani:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Mathilde at the first round of the Queen Elisabeth Competition Cello 2022 yesterday, May 9:

** Pic **

And meeting the outgoing Managing Director of the Fondation Roi Baudouin Luc Tayart de Borms today, May 10:

** Pic ** Natan - September 2017 **

And Queen Mathilde at a round table meeting today:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Nice and full of colour with a neat hairstyle too.

Queen Mathilde visited the De Kindervriend in Rollegem, a centre for children with intellectual disabilities, today, May 13, wearing a Diane of Fürstenberg dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Dress **

Later she changed into a well-known Natan dress for a reception at the Palace:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Queen Mathilde lovely and elegant during a meeting this morning, May 17:

** Full view **

Later she hosted a reception, wearing the same Natan dress:

** Upper part ** July 2019 **

Last edited:
Yes a really nice look on the queen and her hairstyle very neat too!

Queen Mathilde lovely and elegant during a meeting this morning, May 17:

** Full view **

Lovely, elegant fabric and style! I like all of her dresses from the past week (including the Lilly Pulitzer style dress at De Kindervriend in Rollegem) but the dress today is special.

Queen Mathilde in white at a little concert and interview at Laeken yesterday, May 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

A nice and simple look on the queen and the all white worked very well.

Queen Mathilde always looks pretty, wearing outfits that fit the occasion. It is so evident in the photos that The Queen is very interested in her people and country. She is one of my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom