Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 13: January 2018 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think without the earrings, it would have looked really dull and needed something. Máxima is not known for subtle dressing at the best of times. She has terrible split ends

Jumpsuit?
Very beautiful she looks very beautiful but yes yes yes she needs to do something about her hair

When Queen Maxima’s hair is fuller, more blonde and perfectly trimmed, is she wearing hair extensions?

I believe so or shes washed it! Don’t extensions also wreck your hair too eventually?

The bottom part i a disaster thee hair is disaster before and after the hairstyling:D

I believe so or shes washed it! Don’t extensions also wreck your hair too eventually?

Well, FWIW, I’m someone who would love thicker hair and has gone back and forth on whether to get extensions or not.. I’ve been told they don’t wreck your hair as long as you get good ones, they’re done by a stylist who knows how and where to place them and, most importantly, you’re willing to take the time and effort to maintain them and style your hair.

I’ve decided I’m too low maintenance for them so haven’t pulled the trigger, (yet). But with my friends who have them - some for a long time - and know what they’re doing with them it’s made their hair look fantastic.

Its obviously the week for terrible pants. Also, its sometimes a bad idea to wear bold pattern top and bottom. You could have got away with the coat/jacket and a plain trouser or skirt.

Maxima and Mathilde are such Natan die-hards LOL

maxima's dress is very lovely - great appearance.

Funny how this dress relates...unwantingly...to Mexico and the daughter of that man in the US..:)...

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful dress and I like it the royal couple use so many different salons for their official pictures. I like the fresh white room, I think the white marble vestibule at Noordeinde.

She does look lovely. I wish she would leave the wrap/shawl/pashmina at home sometimes or just wear a jacket.

Gorgeous dress i so happy she wore is again she looks radiant in despite of the messy hair

I love the floral dress. And I'm not a big fan of floral.

She’s so beautiful she can get away with almost anything a sack would look good on her ! Lucky Lady

I must admit that I often dislike Natan's designs but this floral print dress looks really lovely on Maxima. Its style is kept simple, so the print can stand out. Simple and elegant. Thumbs up.

The dress is lovely and appropriate given the occasion what I don't get is how she didn't bother doing anything with her hair ?

The dress is lovely and appropriate given the occasion what I don't get is how she didn't bother doing anything with her hair ?

Oh i think she had at least washed it! She had the diplomatic corps dinner in the evening so left it so it could be styled for that. I am presuming that there was some extensions in there too.

Beautiful dress! She looks fantastic. Her hair, well, yes, it could be better, but the rest of the look makes up for it, IMO.

Queen Máxima in black on one of the new portraits taken in March and released today on the occasion of the King's five-year-long reign:

** Full view **

She looks gorgeous, I wish we could see her in that lovely hair style more often

I don't think her hair holds a style well at all. Some hair textures just don't, no matter how much product you put in them. Those photos of the floral dress seem to show a nice, "done" style (see the first, full-length shot posted here) quickly deflating into flyaway tangles as the event went on. If I were her I'd probably wear it up all the time to keep it under control, since that seems to work for her, but then you see it looking its best while down in a situation like that family photo (where she likely had someone touching it up every few minutes) and I guess I can see why she doesn't give up the dream that one day she'll manage to actually wear it down and keep it looking nice all the way through an engagement.

I don't think her hair holds a style well at all. Some hair textures just don't, no matter how much product you put in them. Those photos of the floral dress seem to show a nice, "done" style (see the first, full-length shot posted here) quickly deflating into flyaway tangles as the event went on. If I were her I'd probably wear it up all the time to keep it under control, since that seems to work for her, but then you see it looking its best while down in a situation like that family photo (where she likely had someone touching it up every few minutes) and I guess I can see why she doesn't give up the dream that one day she'll manage to actually wear it down and keep it looking nice all the way through an engagement.

I agree with this. I think what we have here is someone who has colored her hair for years, which in her case has affected the texture and body, and no matter how hard she tries, if she wears it down, it's going to get wispy and bedraggled looking after a while. For whatever reason, she seems to like wearing it down, so none of that is going to change.

Edited to add: I think Princess Charlene has some of the same issues with texture and thickness, and she dealt with it by getting a short crop, which a lot of people don't seem to like, but which took care of the unkempt appearance Max is sometimes critiqued for.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima in an original way the outfit she wore during Queen 2004 in Groningen 'recycled'. The denim jacket and red beret Máxima wore at that time remain one of the most talked about and best outfits that she has ever worn. Today, King's weather in Groningen, the red beret Máxima decided again to turn her head and Alexia pulled at the end of the program the jacket that bore her mother 14 years ago:Hét spijkerjasje en de rode baret terug in Groningen | De Oranjes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom