Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 7: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That black dress is fabulous! The detailing and the cut are unique yet because it's black, the dress has a simplicity to it. Great look on Marie!

Love every single element of the ensemble - the simple but elegant black dress, the shoes, the delicate necklace - just everything!

To me, it would have looked better without the high neckline.

While I agree that the high collar is a little claustrophobic with her hair down I think the style and elegance of the ensemble make this a definite contender for LBD status!

Finally.. a lovely look on Marie! Elegant and chic.

The hair looks dowdy with that dress. Perhaps she should have gone to the hairdresser for an updoo and even tiny little sparkling details in her hair. The dress is very boring with her hair down. With her hair up the neckline would have been more noticable and would have lifted the whole look up.

Style guru said:
The hair looks dowdy with that dress. Perhaps she should have gone to the hairdresser for an updoo and even tiny little sparkling details in her hair. The dress is very boring with her hair down. With her hair up the neckline would have been more noticable and would have lifted the whole look up.

The changes you suggest would have been way too much for the type of event this was.

For me this dress is a good fit, but it looks very cheap... Princess Marie chooses outfits getting worse :/ Too bad, because she has a great figure and funds for better clothes...

The first dress is pretty casual, not sure whether it's appropriate for the occasion (is it an official visit?). The evening dress looks fine, but nothing too special.

I agree about the 1st dress being awfully casual for an official visit...but Catherine Cambridge wore those little dress on her recent tour.

The evening dress looks a little tight but it's a nice design. I don't like the color or pattern on Marie. I think the colors need to be a little darker to complement Marie's coloring.

I like the blue dress but I think the length is not appropriate for an official visit to a SE-Asian country where most women usually wear long skirts.

I think she has worn both dresses before, one at the Monaco wedding, the other at the Greek wedding IIRC.

I liked the total black look, she was elegant that day. I'm not too fond of the last two dresses she wore in Cambodia. They rather look like rags to me, especially the blue one. And yes, I know it's boiling hot over there...Still! :ermm:

The blue dress is nice but a little too short. Don't like the pattern on the second dress.

The blue dress looks like it was meant to be worn by a 10-year-old in the playground, and unfortunately I can't say anything nice about the cocktail dress - it's way too tight, has an ugly color combination and pattern, and also appears to be rather cheaply made.

This light blue dress fit for a festival in Tonder, but the official meeting? I understand that there is a high temperature, but here I think that Princess Marie just get dressed inappropriately...

Marie looks like a tourist in the flimsy blue dress, shades attached. What was she thinking?

The rainbow dress appears very gastly-50ies to me.

Mhmmm. Don't really know what to say. Nothing special IMO. Her hair needs a cut and maybe a darker shade of brown.

The only thing I like about the blue dress is the color. The evening dress should be put very, very far away. It is indeed rather painful to look at. I have no issues with the last dress.

I think she has worn both dresses before, one at the Monaco wedding, the other at the Greek wedding IIRC.

Check out my post above, I had found one pic of her wearing the dress in Monaco. And now as you've mentioned it I've also remembered the second dress, here it is at full length worn at the pre-weding party of Prince Nikolaos in August 2010:

** August 2010 **

The dress she has worn today is recycled as well, we've seen it before on July 31 this year.

** July 2012 **

As a second outfit today Mary has chosen shorts and a blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part **

i really like the blue dress, i think it really suits marie for a summer walk around monaco, although maybe it's not too appropriate for the ocassion. but in her defense, the meeting seemed to be very relaxed and low key.

the evening dress in pink and yellow would be the sort of thing that i wouldn't even get near, but i have to admit it really works on marie and with the updo, which breaks the "kitsch"-ness of it.

the beige dress is just blah.

As a second outfit today Mary has chosen shorts and a blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Definitely it would be better if she dressed this last light blue dress on this visit. But shorts?? I do not know what range is this visit and the trip, but for me, Princess Marie does not look good.
I know that the dresses/another clothes/appearance is not the most important thing and more important is the purpose of the visit but Princess Marie represents Denmark!

Both the short trousers and the top are way too casual. Looks like her suitcase is full of these cheap rags... Hopefully, she will impress me with an evening dress! (fingers crossed)

I think that Marie looks fine, especially if the visit involved interacting with kids. She needed to be comfortable, and the shorts provided that. Would slacks have been better? Absolutely.

So far, Marie's fashions for this trip have totally missed the mark! Nothing looks fit for a princess representing her country. I hope to see better styles ahead...

What is the nature of this trip to Cambodia? Is it a see and be seen, dressup and look pretty kind of trip or is it a go and visit the development projects and get down and dirty with the project workers and those being aided? Different visits require different types of wardrobes.

Outfit choices on this trip was way too casual given that this was an official visit by a Princess. She looked like a tourist on holiday. I know it's a warm place, interacting with children and so on but that is no excuse to dressing the way she did. Simple cropped pants with a printed short sleeve/less top would work. Loose pants and a flawy top.
The evening colored dress was a miss, it seemed to not fit nicely from the side view picture I sew.
The only win of the trip was the sleeveless pink dress, really pretty dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom