Queen Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not keen on the whole look, I think you are right sister Morphine, the necklace gets lost, I'm not keen on the lace either .

I love the gown. It gives me a medieval vibe. The color is perfect for her and the parure and appears to be velvet. It reminds me of the dark red gown she wears at the new years court. Long white nails a bit off putting
Who was the designer?

Last edited:
Mary looks fantastic! Gorgeous gown, and how nice to see this parure on her. I honestly didn't even notice the necklace until reading previous posts so it really does get lost with the neckline. That's a minor quibble. She looks beautiful.

Mary looks fantastic! Gorgeous gown, and how nice to see this parure on her. I honestly didn't even notice the necklace until reading previous posts so it really does get lost with the neckline. That's a minor quibble. She looks beautiful.
One thing for sure is that Mary looks regal and knows the importance of the family jewels for such occassions.

A different dress/gown and it would have been a winner.

Last edited:
I love the gown. It gives me a medieval vibe. The color is perfect for her and the parure and appears to be velvet. It reminds me of the dark red gown she wears at the new years court. Long white nails a bit off putting
Who was the designer?

Her nails aren't long and look pale pink or flesh-colored (well, flesh-colored for her). They're perfectly respectable.

As for the dress's designer, considering it looks exactly like the dark red gown she's worn for nytårskurs in the past, I'll wager it's by the same designer -- Birgit Hallstein.

Who was the designer?
I was wondering whether she might start using this dress for the New Years court.

Back
Top Bottom