Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 17: June 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beautiful and elegant Princess Charlene of Monaco is back!:flowers:

A really nice summery look on the Princess today.

A nice dignified and elegant look on the Princess consort,not sure about the shorter lace mantilla.

Charlene looks marvellous and super, super chic and elegant!!!!

Nice to see she is setting a really good example for the country. I like her dress, very elegant yet discreet. Let's face it, a mask is a mask is a mask but I would like to have seen her in a proper mourning veil as this one is looks kind of awkward.

Elegant dress, though not a fan of the seem.

The mantilla is just awkward, the short length looks out of place.

Veil aside she looks very chic. Best dressed and very elegant.

Last edited:
Duc and Pair, it is the funerals of a persons, no need to be elegant or other, the most important which is important is to attend to the funerals of a person we loved and to support her family, a little respect of You would be nice but you Don't like the Grimaldi family , yesteday, ell the members were very sad

We are during a time of the virus, Charlene is wearing a mask as the other members of the family, everybody who attended to the funerals in the cathedral had to wear a mask

For the mafiose sunglasses , Charlene is wearing sunglasses as everybody of the family, I Don't know that it was mafiose sunglasses, there are a lot of mafiose in France because, everybody are wearing sunglasses like this

For the mantilla, there are very long mantilla, long mantilla and short mantilla, Duc and Pair, you never attended funeral or religious events in Monaco, you would look at short , long and very long mantilla, on the heads of the women
Charlene has a correct mantilla

The too short mantilla and the too mafiose sunglasses did nothing to the so-called "epitome of elegance" in my peronal opinion.

I don't think that a mantilla or a pair of sunglasses define elegance. Melanie De Massy wore a very long mantilla and no sunglasses but imo she was not elegant. Stephanie did not wear a mantilla or sunglasses, yet again I don't think she was elegant.
I think that Charlene was very dignified and even though I would have preferred a longer mantilla on her, I still think she was the epitome of elegance. She was the Princess of Monaco.
We just have different views:flowers:

Charlene's dress was beautiful - very well tailored. Her mantilla was fine although I'm used to seeing them a bit longer. The sunglasses were also fine.

I don't think that a mantilla or a pair of sunglasses define elegance. Melanie De Massy wore a very long mantilla and no sunglasses but imo she was not elegant. Stephanie did not wear a mantilla or sunglasses, yet again I don't think she was elegant.
I think that Charlene was very dignified and even though I would have preferred a longer mantilla on her, I still think she was the epitome of elegance. She was the Princess of Monaco.
We just have different views:flowers:

It is the phrase epitome of elegance which triggers me.
This means: she is so elegant, a pure personification of elegance, absolutely nothing can top her...

Well, well, well. She did not look too poor indeed, but to label her appearance as epitome of elegance... For me that is quite an inflation of what is an epitome and what is elegance.

Princess Charlene was very elegant. I loved all her appearance. I don't mind about the sunglasses. They could be worn because she could not support the sun or because she simply didn't want to show her crying yes, it is her right. Additionally they were sobre sunglasses, neither mirror or crazy stylish.
People often wear sunglasses in funerals for the previous reasons. Princess Caroline worn blackglasses in the funeral of her late husband, Stefano Casiraghi, and reasons were obvious. This didn't not harm her mourning desperate widow appearance.
As for the length of the mantilla, I don't know if there is really a dress code about, nevertheless I think is related on how close you are with the deceased. For Charlene it was her husband's first cousin.
Maybe for the widow, siblings and children of the deceased it has to be longer.
I remember late Prince Rainier funeral, both Caroline and Stephanie worn long mantillas, Charlotte shorter.
But of course this was a state funeral, so protocol was to be applied.

Last edited:
Charlene at the traditional Fête de la Saint-Jean celebration in Monaco yesterday, June 23:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
Wasn't too crazy about Charlene's hairstyle but other than that the Princess looked nice.

I actually love her hair like this and the dress is nice but I'd have preferred a more Summery colour.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love her hair like this and the dress is nice but I'd have preferred a more Summery colour.(..)

I'd guess the somber has to do with ongoing Covid, and all the recent deaths. And those children are nonplussed with the bonfire (off topic). ;)

She looks as if she is in Court Mourning and she's growing her hair out.

Don't forget that the baroness Elizabeth Ann de Massy is dead since almost two weeks ago, she was very near to the princely couple

But wearing the color black is no more the colour od the mourning,

Don't forget that the baroness Elizabeth Ann de Massy is dead since almost two weeks ago, she was very near to the princely couple

But wearing the color black is no more the colour od the mourning,

I thought about Baroness de Massey too and that was perhaps why Charlene was in black. White is also a colour of mourning in France so perhaps that's why Gabriella wore white as black would be to 'heavy' a colour for a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom