Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 17: June 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No White is not a colour of mourning in France , in the countries like Iran, Irak, in the muslin countries, it is the colour of mourning
In France, it is black which is the colour of mourning and even , the families are not wearing black during the funerals
I think Gabriella wore a white dress because she nad her mother liked it

No White is not a colour of mourning in France , in the countries like Iran, Irak, in the muslin countries, it is the colour of mourning
In France, it is black which is the colour of mourning and even , the families are not wearing black during the funerals
I think Gabriella wore a white dress because she nad her mother liked it

When King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain paid a state visit to France in 1938 the Queen's mother had recently died so her entire wardrobe for the visit was made in white as she was told this was a colour for mourning in France.

White is also used on mourning (as well as purple), despite black being the main colour, especially for children, it is more suitable for them because it means purity. In some traditional families, when a young child die, the family is expected to wear white.

Charlene looks lovely lately!

However I just can't remember Charlene wearing colourful outfits for the feast of Saint-Jean. I always remember her wearing dark or light colours. Maybe it is part of her protocol? I don't know...just asking.

I love her red dress

I Believe she already wore this dres when she received with Albert , the actors at the palace for the series tv festival in 2018

Really nice colour. I like it on Princess Charlene and the necklace gives that extra thing!

I love her red dress

I Believe she already wore this dres when she received with Albert , the actors at the palace for the series tv festival in 2018

Oh really, Melina? I can't remember seeing this dress on Charlene before.

The Princess looks really lovely asides from the necklace/curtain tie back,

Charlene is wearing a red dress and Gabriella is wearing a white dress, red, white are the colours of the monegash flag

She is trainig for the Challenge 'crossing Calvi, Monaco water bike challenge' , here she met Philippe Gabrielli , Heaven Master to organize this event, she also met the mayor of calvi with her colleagues

It is summer almost holidays, not a public event i understand she is wearing this summer dress, she prefered to be at ease with this heat

:previous: good to see her (and glad the Tour de France happens this year at all), but isn't the facemask upside down? Or is that on purpose (i don't follow what is *in*)

I think it is upside-down. Probably just a mistake when she put it on. I've done it many times. Someone always is nice enough to point it out, lol!

New bangs. Cute outfit but the super high heels in black seem very out of place at this sporting event

In France and in Nice the people must wear a mask because the virus is still here

Tour de France is a a sportive event but there was a launching ceremony just before the departure of the race, the wife of the mayor was also well dressed with a long dress
Charlene took part to this ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
Not mad about the yellow leather jacket and have mixed feelings on Charlene's hairstyle.

I wonder if the yellow jacket is from Pauline’s clothing line, Alter. That bright yellow seems to be a running theme of the collection.

The look is ok agree about the jacket not great but the fringe is very odd on her

For a second, I thought she was Uma Thurman! This new hairstyle is a breath of fresh air, I actually like it ;)

The hair cut makes her resemblance to Charlize Theron more evident.

I love the casual look. Not a huge fan of leather jackets but the pop of yellow is great on her. May have chosen different shoes for sporting event.

Much better choice then a floor length dress :ermm:

I like Charlene's yellow coat but not with the white - looks like a fried egg!

I like everything except the black winter shoes. She could wear official shoes but adapted to the season

Last edited:
Yikes! I'm not at all fond of Charlene's new hairstyle. IMO it does not flatter her at all, especially the fringe with its Uma Thurman look. To me she has never looked better than when she cut it short. It was very chic and a style all her own.

As to her ensemble? I really liked it except for the shoes which were very odd. I don't think the white shoes dictim applies in Monaco and would have looked much more stylish.

Kudos for her whimsical mask. If you have to wear one, you don't have to look like you've just nipped out from the hospital.

Yikes! I'm not at all fond of Charlene's new hairstyle. IMO it does not flatter her at all, especially the fringe with its Uma Thurman look. To me she has never looked better than when she cut it short. It was very chic and a style all her own.

As to her ensemble? I really liked it except for the shoes which were very odd. I don't think the white shoes dictim applies in Monaco and would have looked much more stylish.

Kudos for her whimsical mask. If you have to wear one, you don't have to look like you've just nipped out from the hospital.
What is the white shoes dictim?

^^^^^ You'd have to ask someone who lives in the South in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom