King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rebecca English says it was caught at a "very very early stage" and that the prognosis is good. I sincerely hope so.

We all too!

It is very different from his mother's approach where such details were rarely shared. There does seem more openness from the King, but I suspect that is partly as each issue has required cancelling engagements so some reason has had to be given and they recognise giving the facts - even quite brief ones - is better than letting speculation run wild.

It is very different from his mother's approach where such details were rarely shared. There does seem more openness from the King, but I suspect that is partly as each issue has required cancelling engagements so some reason has had to be given and they recognise giving the facts - even quite brief ones - is better than letting speculation run wild.

Absolutely! It's far better to explain why he can't attend engagements than to let the media kill him off and bury him already.

I’m impressed with how open King Charles has been both about his prostate treatment and now sharing that he has cancer. I pray that they’ve caught it very early - that is reassuring. However, I am a bit surprised at how quickly Harry made it over the pond due to their strained relationship. This concerns me that it might be more serious. But I am glad that it gives them the opportunity to be together. Illnesses have a way of bringing families closer together.

Not much recently has been said about Catherine so I’m hoping that no news is good news! William has a LOT on his plate; I’m glad he has family members close by and friends for support.

I’m also impressed by Charles’ honesty. If it’s an early stage he should have great chance of full recovery. He traveled to spend time with Camilla, so he must be in good spirits ?

Rebecca English says it was caught at a "very very early stage" and that the prognosis is good. I sincerely hope so.

That is some good news and hopefully all will go well with the kings treatment.

Fantastic news! The earlier you catch it, the earlier you can start treatment and hopefully beat it. KCIII has otherwise been in good health, so that should bode well for him. Both of my parents beat cancer because it was caught in the earliest possible stages. I have no doubt the same will be said for him in due time.

From The Guardian. Although tongue in cheek it is good natured. It also touches on a truth - that The King's illness has made people more appreciative of HM. As I've said before becoming king has been the making of the man. My (totally unscientific) instinct is that HM will become increasingly popular.

Not sure the "not my king lot" will want to be seen shouting a septuagenarian who's had cancer.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ancer-diagnosis-tidal-wave-royal-purple-prose

Since the subject of how the British monarchy's activities might be affected by the King's absence is being discussed in several threads, here is what "sources" have told some journalists:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/06/king-charles-cancer-constitutional-work-royal-family/

Charles plans to balance his time by hopping between various residences, spending short periods of the week in London, where he is being treated, followed by longer periods at either Highgrove, his Gloucestershire home, or Sandringham in Norfolk.

Wherever he is, sources insist, the King will be “working throughout” and is hoping that meetings will continue to be held in person.

“Although he has been advised to minimise public-facing duties, this is not because he has been physically impacted by his diagnosis or his treatment but to lower the threshold of risk,” one source said.

“A meeting involving five people is very different to walking down a street through a crowd of hundreds.”

Aides are aware of the need to be flexible. If the King’s doctors advise him to stop flitting between residences and to reduce his travel, he will do so.

His weekly audience with the Prime Minister, which traditionally takes place on a Wednesday, would be the last commitment he would forgo, The Telegraph understands.

Exhausting

Such a busy weekly travel schedule may sound exhausting to most people in their mid-70s but for the King, it is entirely normal.

“We have become used to a peripatetic court,” one aide wryly noted, reflecting on his boss’s tendency to bounce around. Indeed, it is rare for the monarch to spend more than two nights in any one place.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak called the king to wish him well, but will not resume formal audiences with him until at least February 21. Buckingham Palace wil be "liaising with Kensington Palace over which of the king’s engagements William might undertake on his father’s behalf."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/07/no-10-pm-rishi-sunak-meeting-king-charles-cancer-d

He did so last week as well, so makes sense for him to continue doing so. I assume the public was kept away/on a distance again.

This seems to be a troubling time for the family. Hopefully, Charles recovers as does Catherine, the lack of news and no sight of her is worrisome.

This seems to be a troubling time for the family. Hopefully, Charles recovers as does Catherine, the lack of news and no sight of her is worrisome.

Catherine is home recuperating and is expected to do so until after Easter; this was all communicated at the time of her surgery. So everything regarding her is proceeding according to announced plan, so far.

The Waleses have all gone to Sandringham for school half term, which started on Saturday, according to media reports.

Who leaked it?

‘Leaked it’? Or is it pure speculative guess work from the imaginations of so-called journalists at the National Enquirer.

The National Enquirer!!! Look at the source, for God’s sake! Do you believe that this trashy gossip rag has ‘a spy at the Palace’ feeding its journalists valid information about anything? Really?

Last edited:
‘Leaked it’? Or is it pure speculative guess work from the imaginations of so-called journalists at the National Enquirer.

The National Enquirer!!! Look at the source, for God’s sake! Do you believe that this trashy gossip rag has ‘a spy at the Palace’ feeding its journalists valid information about anything?
I cannot wait nothing from tabloids but we wanna know how they had access.

Last edited:
Who leaked it?

I have a feeling that we're going to start hearing more commentators guessing about what kind of cancer he has. He apparently hasn't had additional surgery since he announced his diagnosis, and he probably isn't on chemo, since he isn't losing his hair, so experts (or supposed experts) will likely begin speculating on what kind of treatment he is having and what kind of cancer other approaches might treat.

If this leak is true then it is very very concerning. Pancreatic cancer has a grim outlook unless caught early enough.

The National Enquirer is highly unreliable, and until there is some kind of confirmation from a reputable source, it's reasonable to assume that this should be given no credence at all. This is a reminder that speculation is against forum rules, so bear that in mind before you post.

I have a feeling that we're going to start hearing more commentators guessing about what kind of cancer he has. He apparently hasn't had additional surgery since he announced his diagnosis, and he probably isn't on chemo, since he isn't losing his hair, so experts (or supposed experts) will likely begin speculating on what kind of treatment he is having and what kind of cancer other approaches might treat.
I think that is correct, the speculation will continue, but little can be done about it.

Back
Top Bottom