King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeoMama said:
Does Q Ranis has her own salary from the gaverment???

Do you think that Q Raniahas obsession about her appearance!!!

LeoMama I heard that she does get an annual sum--somewhere around $200,000 a year.

Humera said:
The woman next to Princess Sarah is Talat Hamdani, an American of Pakistani origin. I first found out about her story a few years ago, it was featured on a documentary called "Its my country too" (about the lives of Muslim Americans since 9/11) by Salman Ahmed (of the Pakistani band Junoon). It was so touching. On the day of the attacks, Talat's son left home but never showed up at work. The authorities questioned his family (believing him to be a suspect/terrorist). They eventually found out that he died in the attacks. The USA Patriot Act hailed him as a "hero," he died trying to help those around him.
Talat represents the Muslims who lost their loved ones during the September 11 attacks, just like the bride and groom represent the victims of the Amman bombings. I thought including these people was a very symbolic and touching gesture, their stories are being repeated in the media, they represent the fact that Muslims, as much as anyone else, the Americans, the western world, are victims of terrorism.
Thanks for that, I had no idea who the lady was. What a moving story. I can recall one of the papers here doing a spread on 9/11 "widows". One of the women was a muslim woman who spoke of her tragic loss, even more upsetting for her was that in the aftermath she was verbally abused on the street (she wore a scarf). She said it was hard moving on because so many people were so hostile towards her and didn't realise her loss was just as great.

Aurora810 said:
This is just another article or anecdote in recent weeks that is kind of making me re-think my original thoughts on Abdullah and Rania. I'm not even Jordanian and it bother's me a little that they own a house in London
Abdullah is half-British and spent many of his school years at institutions in the UK, is it really so odd that he would own a home here? King Hussein owned a huge home in the US, far more grand than Abdullah's London home, nobody ever found that strange.

They wouldn't be the first Royals to own a home in the UK, many Saudi Royals have apartments/homes here which they stay in during their private visits.

Aurora810 said:
and that Q. Rania is seen shopping in some well known boutiques around the world. I guess I just think she could ask the question about empowering women to herself.
So she's not allowed to shop?! The last time I saw photos of Rania shopping anywhere was nearly 2 years ago in Milan. Incidentally, she had just been there to pick up awards commending her official work and had a few hours spare.

Considering how hectic her schedule can be I'm surprised she can even find the time to shop.

Aurora810 said:
How has she helped empower Jordanian clothing designers? Or is she to busy wearing Prada and Gucci. Hopefully that doesn't seem too harsh, really just calling it like I see it.
The vast majority of her thobes are Jordanian designed. All Royals wear foregin designs, the only 2 ladies I can think of who stick faithfully (generally speaking) to native designers are Camilla and Letizia. I don't see why Rania should be singled out when there are others who are far worse perpetrators, imo.

Last edited:
Condoleeza Rice to meet King Abdullah today
LINK

Special envoy of King Abdullah meets Musharraf
LINK

King receives Iraqi VP
LINK

shrifia said:
I thought That I am the only who notice that I have the feelling somtimes that she cares more about her appearance and being in the news more than her work.

Your not the only one! Lately I been wondering the same thing. Wasn't sure if I should be the first to say it. Especially when I notice the Queen started to loose more weight. :neutral:

LeoMama said:
Oh really . Thanks

Hey, She gets far less that the president of the United States which is $495,000 a year, and Condi Rice who gets $350,000 plus waredrobe allowance. That does not include the traveling and income generated in investments, and real-estate own.

polysciir said:
Hey, She gets far less that the president of the United States which is $495,000 a year, and Condi Rice who gets $350,000 plus waredrobe allowance. That does not include the traveling and income generated in investments, and real-estate own.

I don't think you can compare how much allowance one of the richest countries in the world has to poor little Jordan. And you can't compare Bush to Rania--Bush is the president.

niki said:
I don't think you can compare how much allowance one of the richest countries in the world has to poor little Jordan. And you can't compare Bush to Rania--Bush is the president.

I agree with you niki you can't compare Bush to rania .But maybe you can compare Lora bush to Rania, Idon't think that lora has her own salary as Rania.:rolleyes:

Queen Rania calls on companies to bridge East-West divide through Corporate Multicultural Responsibility

Article and Picture (from Petra)

LeoMama said:
I agree with you niki you can't compare Bush to rania .But maybe you can compare Lora bush to Rania, Idon't think that lora has her own salary as Rania.:rolleyes:

Although we dont exactly know how much Rania gets, all Queen consorts, and Crown Princesses get a certain sum of money, depending on the country, for personal expenses, or get a certain percentage of their husband's allowance.
The wife of a reigning monarch is not the same as the wife of an elected president. So I agree, we should stop comparing apples to oranges before the discussion gets way off-topic.

King Arrives in Riyadh to Take Part in the Arab Summit

. . .Upon arrival at King Khaled International Airport, His Majesty was received by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz, Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz, Emir of Riyadh, Prince Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Secretary General of the Arab League Amr Musa and a number of high ranking civil and military officials. Petra

Pictures from Petra:
Image Gallery - Click Here

King Hails the UN’s Role in the Peace Process

Amman, March 27 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed the important role of the United Nations in pushing the Middle East peace process forward and build on Arab and international efforts to bring the Palestinians and Israelis back to the negotiating table.

During a meeting with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, who is currently on a tour to the region, the King called for seizing the current opportunity to achieve just and comprehensive peace in the region through the Arab peace initiative, which forms a basis for solving the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and establishing an independent Palestinian state. Petra Part 2 of the article

Photo 1
Photo 2

Jordan's king urges U.N. peace role

AMMAN, Jordan, March 27 (UPI) -- Jordan's King Abdullah II Tuesday urged the United Nations to play a greater role in the Middle East peace process. United Press

Last edited:
asturiana said:
Queen Rania calls on companies to bridge East-West divide through Corporate Multicultural Responsibility

Article and Picture (from Petra)

This seems to be a rather low-key event. Even Petra had just one picture of Rania at the University of Oxford.

The Skoll Foundation website has a video of the entire opening session from yesterday: (speakers included Queen Rania, Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus and Salman Ahmed of the Pakistani band Junoon)
The Skoll Foundation: Investing in, connecting and celebrating Social Entrepreneurs

Here's the site for the 2007 Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship (the videos can also be watched here)

Last edited:
That's cute!
I can just picture King Abdullah watching endless re-runs of the various Star Trek shows. Actually I bet he has all of them on DVD (most trekkies who can afford to do so would)

Trekkie Madness

I hope the King will introduce all his kids to Star Trek! It's a great show :)

Love
Barbara

Humera said:
That's cute!
I can just picture King Abdullah watching endless re-runs of the various Star Trek shows. Actually I bet he has all of them on DVD (most trekkies who can afford to do so would)

Queen Rania in Cologne (Germany)

"UNESCO Benefiz-Gala" on 12th May in Cologne. Guest of honour will be the Queen of Jordan.

Here are the articles from Koeln.de and from yahoo (but in german).

Sorry, but I can't translate it...:sad:

Queen Rania in Cologne...on Monday :)

On Monday Queen Rania of Jordan will open the "Queen Rania Rehabilitation Center", which is named after her, in the university clinic of Cologne.

Article from Kölner Stadtanzeiger.

asturiana said:
On Monday Queen Rania of Jordan will open the "Queen Rania Rehabilitation Center", which is named after her, in the university clinic of Cologne.

Article with Pictures from Kölner Stadtanzeiger. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Short video (also from Kölner Stadtanzeiger).

Last edited:
Thank you Asturiana for the site you found and especially for the pictures!!!

Queen Rania Rehabilitation Center inaugurated in Cologne

Cologne, Apr. 2 (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah inaugurated the new Queen Rania Rehabilitation Center at the University of Cologne in Germany, Monday, where a memorandum of understanding was signed between the university and the Royal Medical Services (RMS) in Jordan.
According to the agreement, the center will offer training programs for Jordanian physiotherapists and physicians. This will include both short-term and long-term practical training at the rehabilitation center.

Physiotherapists and physicians from the rehabilitation center will also be making visits to Jordan to provide on-the-job training to their Jordanian counterparts at the Pediatric Rehabilitation Medical Clinic, part of the Queen Rania Children's Hospital. The Queen Rania Children's Hospital is expected to open in Jordan in 2008. Petra

From Petra:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Queen Rania of Jordan (L) greets little Nele while the girl is receiving therapy treatment during the inauguration of the 'Queen Rania Rehabilitation Center' in Cologne, Germany, Monday 02 April 2007. At the centre young patients can receive treatment as inpatients or outpatients for more than a year. The centre was named after Queen Rania in the course of her commitment to helping children worldwide. EPA/Joerg Carstensen
Photo

Last edited:
Queen Rania of Jordan sighting going out of her hotel in Paris, then goes shopping at the "Bon Marche". Paris, France, April 02, 2007
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

She looks wonderful ..........thank you jordan

jordan said:
Queen Rania of Jordan sighting going out of her hotel in Paris, then goes shopping at the "Bon Marche". Paris, France, April 02, 2007

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Thanks for the pictures :flowers: . They have also pictures from today...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom