Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 11: June 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That shoulder cut is quite popular recently but personally I loathe it. Love that color on her though.

What a horrible dress: it looks as if a shark ate one sleeve. Also, why pink and not blue for the christening of a boy?

Why does it have to be blue for a boy? That gender stereotypes for colors is just unnecessary (and pink used to be a boy colour...;))

Thinking about it, how would even a partially-bared shoulder be considered appropriate for a church ceremony, anyway? She's the mother of the child.

Seems like the dress code of church ceremony in Luxembourg is different, it's not the first time we see a sleeveless outfit from the Lux ladies.

HGD Stéphanie lovely in light pink at the baptism of Prince François today, June 3:

** Full view ** Upper part **
This is a lovely pink dress. She looks great. And so happy.
Whenever I am feeling a bit blah, I turn to photos of Stephanie and it always lifts my spirits.

From her walking to the Cathedral dressed in a magnificent gown and hauling a really heavy train and veil, all the while waving to those calling blessings and exuding a wonderful, almost ethereal, calm and joyful confidence, all the way to these photos of her second on's baptism, she seems to exude truly beautiful, serene calm that may be enhanced by the clothes she wears but, mostly renders them inconsequential.

For all that this is a fashion thread and, just to make myself clear, I love the colour of Stephanie's dress and I love the way the material drapes so flatteringly. However, the style is awful, and it beggars belief that people consider Natan a brilliant designer but IMHO should be banned from selling "fashion". But the front on photo shows it best, a face that radiates pure unadulterated joy.

https://stock.rtl.lu/rip/1260/-EePw...ZDg3NGI3NTQ4MTEwMDU3NWM2ZGYyYzJhMTYuanBn.jpeg

So the outfit was Natan on top of everything?

Stephanie has rarely enjoyed a fashion moment since her wedding. Sadly, her losing streak continues with what could be described only as a tablecloth draped around her frame. Nice color, though.

JMHO

She may be lovely and serene but maybe that is because she doesn’t even think about what she wears. Anyone in the public eye who has seen a few pictures of themselves usually alters things over a couple of years and changes makeup, hair and clothes to appear better in photos. But Stephanie consistently wears ill fitting clothes and almost always dresses down on her engagements.
This dress is supposed to be one shoulder and the so called designer altered it. I guess relying on that fashion house could be the main problem. It is also impractical for the occasion to have a garment with a difficult neck line when you are holding a baby, everything shifts around

Last edited:
I think that Stephanie looked lovely, but lets be clear ,that is not her bra strap showing. Instead it is the altered design of the dress with a type of safety strap added so the dress is more secure. I have never heard of bra straps in the same colour as a dress.

Yes. It's a poorly-designed alteration that gives the illusion of her bra strap showing in official photos, as well as a dress showing her actual bra through at least the opposite armhole, as iceflower's picture demonstrates.

Last edited:
Yes, it was. It's from the Natan Spring/Summer 2023 collection, see here.

I think the dress is beautiful from these photos. But not really suited to Stephanie's frame even though my personal opinion is that, considering that she is 8 weeks post partum, she looked amazing.

I also loved the powder blue outfit that she wore to the Octave Procession.

Last edited:
Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom