Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 19: April 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine needs to see what Charlene puts on Gabriella, and follow suit. That's a very ugly dress on Charlotte.

I think Charlotte looks adorable. The red and white dress looks cute on her.

Thank goodness. For a second I thought they were changing traditions. :lol:

The red shorts are very cute.

They are really cute.

And the boys are wearing double breasted jackets. Nice, sharp look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine needs to see what Charlene puts on Gabriella, and follow suit. That's a very ugly dress on Charlotte.

Why does Catherine need to copy Charlene, maybe Charlotte picked the dress herself and liked it.

Why does Catherine need to copy Charlene, maybe Charlotte picked the dress herself and liked it.

Funny, I think Gabriella would look better in more of what Charlotte wears. But usually it's wise to let 7 and 8 year olds just do their own thing?

Last edited:
I don’t like that we are comparing and judging such young children’s appearance . It’s just lovely to see them dressed up for what must be a very special occasion to be a part of.

Eh, I thought this dress and look was a rare miss for Charlotte by Catherine. The hair looks more interesting from the back, though I do think Charlotte generally looks better with the half up-half down look she wears more frequently.

I'm glad Louis got to wear shorts - it's a warm day in London. I'm not sure what I think of the double-breasted suits for both boys, but overall they looked quite nice.

I love it that Louis wore short pants, as they are appropriate for a boy his age.

But I don't like that they are red.

I think Charlotte's dress is fine.

Off topic posts and comments have been removed.

I didn’t like Charlotte’s dress, a very rare miss for her.

The dress looked nice from the side but not from either the front or back imho. Indeed a rate miss.

Charlotte looks like she is wearing the female version of the little 'sailor boy' suits that little boys had to endure in the 80s. But with a length more appropriate for girls in the 1800s. A shorter length at least is needed.

Gabriella is proof a royal princess can be both appropriate and dressed in this century.

Charlotte looks perfect. Not fair to make comparisons with children.

Charlotte looks like she is wearing the female version of the little 'sailor boy' suits that little boys had to endure in the 80s. But with a length more appropriate for girls in the 1800s. A shorter length at least is needed.

Gabriella is proof a royal princess can be both appropriate and dressed in this century.
My daughter, nieces and her friends who are now young adults, frequently wore dresses wthis hem length throughout their childhood. I don't see an issue with Charlotte's dress.

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 19: April 2023 -

That’s what I was thinking too: It was a red, little girl’s version of the sailor suit.

I thought it was super cute though, and the length was fine. I particularly liked that it was in red. The bright red looked really good offsetting the white.

It was different than a lot dresses Charlotte tends to wear. So, I think that’s part of what I liked about it. And it wasn’t blue.lol (The whole family looks great in blue, but they wear it a lot.)

Kate dresses them in blue or red a lot in public. I think to contain the interest in them and also a lot of the outfits are the same year in and out. Again to contain interest.

I don’t like that we are comparing and judging such young children’s appearance . It’s just lovely to see them dressed up for what must be a very special occasion to be a part of.

I agree. Children have different personalities and are from different traditions.

Agreed! I think the Wales looked adorable and appropriately dressed.

I think Charlotte's dress was perfect! It coordinated so perfectly with her dad's uniform when the family made their balcony appearance.

Charlotte probably enjoyed having her hair braided up for the Coronation and requested it be done again.

Although we don't know for sure, there is a good chance that this is true, or that she may have wanted to emulate her mother's updo on the day. I think it is appropriate. I like her dress. Soon enough, Charlotte will be rejecting her mother's conservative fashion choices!

I honestly don't get what the "problem" is supposed to be with Charlotte's dress . It's the same length as Gabriella's dress on page 8 of this thread .

I honestly don't get what the "problem" is supposed to be with Charlotte's dress . It's the same length as Gabriella's dress on page 8 of this thread .

Nobody is complaining about the length of the dress - the styles are vastly different.

My daughter, nieces and her friends who are now young adults, frequently wore dresses wthis hem length throughout their childhood. I don't see an issue with Charlotte's dress.

Hem alone might be fine with a more modern style. But combined with the little sailor girl look which even in the 80s was old fashioned, its too much.

Put a bonnet on her and looks like she stepped off the set of 'Little Princess'.

Hem alone might be fine with a more modern style. But combined with the little sailor girl look which even in the 80s was old fashioned, its too much.

Put a bonnet on her and looks like she stepped off the set of 'Little Princess'.

We'll have to agree to disagree. My daughter had a similar dress at the same age in the mid 2000's and it wasn't considered "old fashioned."

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella attended the Saint Jean Day celebration yesterday evening, June 23. From what can be seen it looks like a beautiful dress for Gabriella and her up-do is really nice:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom