Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And rightly so !
It's not rocket science to see that the "previous engagement" thing sounds a bit fishy to say the least.

Not all that fishy to me. If it was on her calendar before there was even an engagement then why should she cancel it? It is unfortunate but clearly they picked a date that worked the best for all involved. It is a bit disappointing but I respect her for not going back on a commitment.

And rightly so !
It's not rocket science to see that the "previous engagement" thing sounds a bit fishy to say the least.

If she goes to the festival every year and people have come to expect that. I can understand why she would miss the wedding. It's not like they can move the entire festival to accommodate. At the end of the day, from a family perspective, this is her husband's brother's daughter, whom she didn't watch grow up. It's not as if this is one of her stepsons or her own children getting married. If this wasn't the royal family, no one would've batted an eyelash.

Last edited:
And rightly so !

I think so too!
I mean, it's just a school harvest festival that occurs every year, while the wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event.
No one would have been shocked if Camilla had canceled to attend the wedding.

One thing I do know that is going to happen is that the event Camilla has decided to remain committed to and attend, will definitely stick out in the minds of those that she visits on that day. Camilla found it best to honor a previous commitment to them rather than cancel for a family wedding. That's going to be a big plus in their book on how they remember Camilla.

It won't be the end of the world as we know it if Camilla isn't there and I'm sure that Eugenie and Jack know that she sends her love and congratulations to them on their happy day. Things like this do happen in any family and there's always regrets sent to wedding invitations. The day will still be spectacularly beautiful for the bride and groom and there's not much that will be able to mar the day.

As far as this wedding in the US and the interest, I use hubby as a measuring stick. He's not a royal watcher and although he recognizes the Queen, Charles, William and Harry, he could pass the rest of the BRF on the street and not know who they are. As Dman has said, there's been a whole lot of other stuff going on over here that has grabbed the nation's attention and will for the next month or so. Its just how things are.

I'm just happy I'll be able to watch the whole wedding on TLC this Friday. I'm ready. Stocked up on drinks and snacks and will be watching from my own comfy "throne" in comfy clothes with comfort food and drink. Can't ask for more than that. :D

BTW: I would happily marry on the 13th. Its my lucky number and always has been for me. ;)

Last edited:
I think so too!
I mean, it's just a school harvest festival that occurs every year, while the wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event.
No one would have been shocked if Camilla had canceled to attend the wedding.

Except she just attended one...

I don't think it is "just a harvest festival" to them if they planned on her being there for months. Clearly it means something to all involved if she felt there was no need to cancel it.

No doubt Eugenie understands if that is indeed what is happening.

Don't tell me that among ALL the senior royals present at the wedding (and among them the busiest of them all : Anne and Charles), Camilla is the only one who had a scheduled engagement that day !
And, unless the members of the BRF are blind and deaf (seems unlikely considering the army of PR advisers surrounding them), they all pretty know that the absence of the second lady of the Land will be a talking point.
I'm not saying that Camilla is ostracised by the BRF, but c'mon there must be something behind it (and yes i'm looking at you, Sarah).
Maybe i'm totally wrong (and in a way i really hope so) but you must admit that the absence of Camilla is quite a coincidence ....

Last edited:
Fact, Friday 13th!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I didn't even notice:ROFLMAO::lol::ohmy:

They are getting married on Friday the 12th, it would have been Saturday the 13th.

I don't understand why its "fishy". Andrew himself said after the news of the engagement that they were consulting diaries to find a date that worked for everybody (harder given they chose to marry on a Friday). Obviously they found a date but Camilla already had an event and chose not to cancel an event booked in before the wedding to attend. At the end of the day I doubt Camilla will be crying she is missing it and will send the couple her best wishes and love and Jack and Eugenie will have 800+ other people there to focus on, I'm sure when trying to find a date it was more important Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice, the Queen, Philip, Charles, Edward & Anne could attend rather than Camilla.
Remember William missed Peter & Autumns wedding because he had a prior commitment and that was for his own cousin not just a niece-in-law. I really don't see the fuss and any gossip of anything more untoward is just people trying to create a drama and push an agenda.
On a side note I wonder if they chose the Friday to avoid marrying on Sat 13th Oct.

Interesting that a cousin is seen as a closer relation than an uncle/aunt - niece/nephew relation. I most certaimly know my uncles and aunts better than most of my cousins and I am sure they have more interest in me than most of my cousins (and I don't have the impression that it's only my mother's siblings who show interest but my uncles and aunts married to those siblings just as much).

The only reason why this might be slightly different is that Camilla only married Eugenie's uncle when she was a teenager although she of course had been in his life from her birth, so most likely was not part of her 'growing up' as was pointed out before.

Possibly. I wouldn't like to get married on the 13th. But it would have been easier to avoid people having engagements if they had made it for another Saturday.
Not that I think there is anything sinister about Camilla not going, Im sure sh'es invited to the party or whatever,the next day...

Which other Saturday would you suggest? They most likely wanted to get married as soon as grandma was back in town. Her close cousin Harry is on his way to Australia etc right after the wedding, so the alternative was probably wait until November but the weekend of memorial sunday wouldn't be appreciated either, so it would probably have been late November if no other foreign trips had been planned at that time yet. So, Friday seemed a rather smart decision from that point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am disappointed that more US networks are not showing the wedding. Is it because Princess Eugenie is not a working royal? I was really hoping CNN would show it. She is the first "blood" princess to get married in a while. (At least for the BRF)

I believe Sophie and Edwards's wedding was shown in the US. Why can't Jack and Princess Eugenie?

Is this because you don't get TLC or just don't like TLC?

Which other Saturday would you suggest? They most likely wanted to get married as soon as grandma was back in town. Her close cousin Harry is on his way to Australia etc right after the wedding, so the alternative was probably wait until November but the weekend of memorial sunday wouldn't be appreciated either, so it would probably have been late November if no other foreign trips had been planned at that time yet. So, Friday seemed a rather smart decision from that point of view.

Harry and Meghan leaving until the 14th.

I thought I heard they were leaving Saturday the 13th which is why they won't be at the big party that day.

LaRae

Just checked the schedule again. I don't think they are actually leaving until 15th. Their tour starts on the 16th. I haven't read they won't be at the Saturday event. Or having to leave for Australia is why.

Just checked the schedule again. I don't think they are actually leaving until 15th. Their tour starts on the 16th. I haven't read they won't be at the Saturday event. Or having to leave for Australia is why.

They realistically are leaving on late 13th or early 14th if they are to be landing in Australia on the 15th. That is a over 20 hours (and could easier tack on 5-10 more) in the air. No way they leaving on the 15th. Would be impossible.

Omid and Emily said they arrive on the 15 and it is basically the recovery day for everyone.

I just made sure to record the TLC wedding coverage on my DVR just in case I over-sleep and miss something. It’s in the tv listings now.

A few reporters have mentioned that Harry and Meghan will likely skip the carnival event on Saturday the 13th. This is due to the fact that they are expected to arrive in Australia on the 15th a day before the tour for some last minute prep and briefings for the long tour.

They are flying commercial from London to Sydney which is on average a 22 hour flight. So the couple will likely leave 13th evening or night, in the air all day for the 14th and arrive on the 15. So either way it's cutting it way too close especially right before such a long and jam packed tour.

Last edited:
They realistically are leaving on late 13th or early 14th if they are to be landing in Australia on the 15th. That is a over 20 hours (and could easier tack on 5-10 more) in the air. No way they leaving on the 15th. Would be impossible.

Omid and Emily said they arrive on the 15 and it is basically the recovery day for everyone.

For whatever reason, why I read the statement from The Royal Family's website, I thought they are arriving on the same day as first day of events. If that's the case, I still don't think they'll leave on the 13th during the day. If Eugenie wanted to, she could've had it on Saturday and Sussexes will just skip the partying at night if needed. Not the first time for them to attend something and then head for the airport.

A few reporters have mentioned that Harry and Meghan will likely skip the carnival event of Saturday the 13th. This is due to the fact that they are expected to arrive in Australia on the 15th a day before the tour for some last minute prep and briefings for the long tour.

They are flying commercial from London to Sydney which is on average a 22 hour flight. So the couple will likely leave 13th evening or night, in the air all day for the 14th and arrive on the 15. So either way it's cutting it way too close especially right before such a long and jam packed tour.
Even if time allows, I'm pretty certain they'd rather stay in and rest up before an exhausting tour. Their schedule Down Under is rough to say the least.

One thing to mention before we get back on track with Eugenie and Jack's wedding is that with traveling from London to Australia, we also have to figure out the time differences. Right now its 9:42 PM in London but its also 7:42 AM in Australia. That's a whole lot of jet lag to figure in. :D

Last edited:
They will be travelling business or first class. They will therefore have 'lie flat' beds and be able to get plenty of sleep. I have done that trip a number of times in business class and never suffered jet lag (do when I travel economy but not otherwise) as I sleep at appropriate times - on the first leg out of London for about 8 hours and then on the second, shorter leg, for about 5 hours meaning I arrive fresh and ready to go for the day (I have landed in Sydney at 6.00 a.m. and been at work at 8.30 and done a full day's work and had no issues).

They are reportedly arriving on the 15th on a commercial flight so a 6.00 - 7.00 a.m. arrival time would be normal (the flights leave London around 9.00 - 10.00 at night in London and then arrive here between 6.00 and 7.00 a.m. That is the norm for BA and I have done that flight regularly.

Stepping it backwards from arrival time they would need to leave on the 13th to arrive on the 15th. The BA flight leaves at 9.35 p.m. to arrive at 6.40 a.m. on the 15th. Leaving on the 14th would see them arrive on the 16th. That is BA flight 15. Other BA flights are much the same.

With this timetable it would be possible for Harry and Meghan to put in an appearance at the Saturday event and then leave to get to the airport - Heathrow isn't that far from Windsor.

This timetable also explains why the Friday is the date for the wedding - as otherwise Harry and Meghan would be missing the evening event as well.

If the story of the Saturday event are true the maybe Camilla could be there for that - and even be in Windsor for the evening event on Friday even if she isn't at the church service itself.

This shows how hard it is to get the entire family together.

Last edited:
A few reporters have mentioned that Harry and Meghan will likely skip the carnival event on Saturday the 13th. This is due to the fact that they are expected to arrive in Australia on the 15th a day before the tour for some last minute prep and briefings for the long tour.

If they choose to skip the carnival event, I'm sure that the couple will understand. The Sussexes do need to have the opportunity to adjust to a new time zone.?

Let's get back to Eugenie and Jack's wedding, please.

Harry and Meghan leaving until the 14th.

The suggestion was the 13th not being an acceptable date to some, so independent of the exact date Harry and Meghan are leaving, that option was ruled out by the poster I responded to :flowers:

Will the wedding of Jack and Princess Eugenie eventually be available on DVD?

Thank you to @MerseyGirls for the beautiful Wedding dance for Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank! #RoyalWedding. Music @elliegoulding

Via The Duke of York Twitter

Don't tell me that among ALL the senior royals present at the wedding (and among them the busiest of them all : Anne and Charles), Camilla is the only one who had a scheduled engagement that day !
And, unless the members of the BRF are blind and deaf (seems unlikely considering the army of PR advisers surrounding them), they all pretty know that the absence of the second lady of the Land will be a talking point.
I'm not saying that Camilla is ostracised by the BRF, but c'mon there must be something behind it (and yes i'm looking at you, Sarah).
Maybe i'm totally wrong (and in a way i really hope so) but you must admit that the absence of Camilla is quite a coincidence ....

Perhaps she was the only senior royal who had made a commitment to attend an event that a number of other people had also already committed to attend.

After speaking with friends here, trying to put together a viewing party, it seems most people don't know Eugenie from Beatrice and their only reference is Beatrice's Hat from William's wedding.

But one good friend is in the know, so, since she wakes up super early, we will probably watch it live at my house. Depending on circumstances with her family, we will either record it and watch it during an early luncheon, or clock in earlier in front of my TV in the wee hours.

Our focus will be on the gown and what's on her head.

Not sure if this is what you're hinting at but ...I don't think Sarah would be foolish enough to even hint that Camilla wasn't welcome. Charles & Philip would go ballistic and the Queen would disapprove. Sarah would be even more disliked in the family than she is now. But this is just my opinion.

Personally, I'm inclined to just believe what we've been told. Camilla has decided to honor a commitment she made that conflicts with the wedding date. Nothing more, nothing less.

To me, making assumptions of something dastardly going on or coming up with conspiracy theories that Camilla will not be there for any other reason that what we've been told is, bluntly, acting like the tabloids that feed on that kind of thing and live to make tsunamis in teacups. ;)

Is it expected that Andrew and Sarah will enter the chapel together? If not who will most likely accompany Sarah to her seat? Someone from Jack's family or Eugenie's?

Is it expected that Andrew and Sarah will enter the chapel together? If not who will most likely accompany Sarah to her seat? Someone from Jack's family or Eugenie's?

Depends on how the wedding party shakes out. I feel pretty sure Andrew will be walking Eugenie down the aisle, but if she decides against having adult bridesmaids that frees up Beatrice to walk in with her mother. If Beatrice is in the wedding party then I presume that Sarah pulls a Doria and walks in alone unless she decides to pull up a sibling/ask Jack's family to walk in with her.

It depends how many page boys and flower girls she uses and their ages, if there is a lot of them then Beatrice might not be able to handle them alone, then Sarah might be used back there to shepherd the kids along with Beatrice. Meghan also needed multiple adults for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom