Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
Do tell me when your Boney M style Megamix is coming out.
It's better the Boney M style Megamix than the Meat Loaf style... , don't you think?

Skydragon, what you said here:
Skydragon said:
I just live in hope that the adulation of Diana can be laid to rest and she is accepted for what she was, a flawed person, the same as all of us.
is exactly what we all want: talk about Diana just like she was, without canonize her. But to express our feelings about a caring and very human Lady. The problems is that sometimes the Camilla's supporters try all the way to stop us insulting Diana. And the funny thing is that we can't say our true feeling about Camilla, that her supporters seem that will have some heart collaps. :D

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Let's not get into the Falklands business or I may transmogrify and start spouting Thatcher speeches. Trust me - it won't be pretty.

all war is terrible. I just said a example than here, a republic, with a war with UK, diana is very loved.

In GAIMAN, a Welsh community specially.

Diana opened the floodgates and threw the first stone by allowing the Morton book and encouraging her 'friends' to release her version to the press.

I agree. She was never happier than when she was the center of attention when it came to the press. Furthermore, for someone who had so much, she was incredibly miserable. I believe it speaks of a lack of gratefulness on her part.

The thing that really bugged me about Diana was she didn't seem to appreciate all she DID have. The girl had everything! More than the rest of us will ever have. Great looks, wonderful, healthy kids, a huge amount of money, an extravagant lifestyle, nannies, world adoration, people who really wanted to be her friend, access to everything from celebrities to energy healers. So ONE guy didn't love her. IT HAPPENS! Appreciate all the fabulous things you were given in life and be content with it. Be grateful!

If ONE GUY can cause you to have such misery, with sharp mood swings, feelings of loneliness, boredom and emptiness and impulsive behavior such as binge eating and self-mutilation -- and you still have this chronically and persistently YEARS after the divorce and years after you have had a few nice love affairs yourself, (the doctor, the Squidgie guy, Hewitt, her body guard, Dodi)... well then I do think you have some mental problems.

It makes my brain hurt with all the things she had. I read a book briefly called "The Princess and the Duchess" and it described in detail the luxurious things that Diana and Fergie could indulge in. When I work at my little icky job stocking produce and dealing with one irate customer after another it burns that Diana could possibly want more of anything. Seriously top position in society, security, and two healthy kids. I don't think she ever learned how to appreciate things:mad: .

Regina said:
Skydragon, what you said here: is exactly what we all want: talk about Diana just like she was, without canonize her. But to express our feelings about a caring and very human Lady. The problems is that sometimes the Camilla's supporters try all the way to stop us insulting Diana. And the funny thing is that we can't say our true feeling about Camilla, that her supporters seem that will have some heart collaps. :D

I suppose, as I said, I would love for someone to convince me of what they saw. Why the distress at her funeral, is it that none of her supporters had ever lost anyone truly precious to them. Are the Diana supporters all from broken marriages, are they all ex wives?
Why the need to insult Camilla, some posters have made their feelings abundantly clear but, why the hatred?
I didn't like Diana but, I didn't hate her and would not have wished her ill.
My questions are just that questions, but some people get really upset and seem to resort, almost to bullying.

Tzu An said:
I agree. She was never happier than when she was the center of attention when it came to the press. Furthermore, for someone who had so much, she was incredibly miserable. I believe it speaks of a lack of gratefulness on her part.

The thing that really bugged me about Diana was she didn't seem to appreciate all she DID have. The girl had everything! More than the rest of us will ever have. Great looks, wonderful, healthy kids, a huge amount of money, an extravagant lifestyle, nannies, world adoration, people who really wanted to be her friend, access to everything from celebrities to energy healers. So ONE guy didn't love her. IT HAPPENS! Appreciate all the fabulous things you were given in life and be content with it. Be grateful!

If ONE GUY can cause you to have such misery, with sharp mood swings, feelings of loneliness, boredom and emptiness and impulsive behavior such as binge eating and self-mutilation -- and you still have this chronically and persistently YEARS after the divorce and years after you have had a few nice love affairs yourself, (the doctor, the Squidgie guy, Hewitt, her body guard, Dodi)... well then I do think you have some mental problems.

It makes my brain hurt with all the things she had. I read a book briefly called "The Princess and the Duchess" and it described in detail the luxurious things that Diana and Fergie could indulge in. When I work at my little icky job stocking produce and dealing with one irate customer after another it burns that Diana could possibly want more of anything. Seriously top position in society, security, and two healthy kids. I don't think she ever learned how to appreciate things:mad: .

the material things not are all in the life. Many rich's persons are very unhappy. not only diana.

Many rich's persons are very unhappy

LOL. Very untrue dear. Very untrue. I'm as happy as a pig in mud. (Or it's smellier counterpart)

Skydragon said:
I have learnt a lot from the new posters and I am truly sorry if my posts irritate you. It may all be things said before but, not all of it by me.
I suppose I just live in hope that the adulation of Diana can be laid to rest and she is accepted for what she was, a flawed person, the same as all of us.
When you or one or two others disagree with what has been written, you reserve the right to reply, is that only to be made available to the Diana supporters?
I do try not to reply to anyone that I obviously upset.

Thank you again for replying Skydragon :)

Like you, I hope that the current adulation of Camilla can be laid to rest and she to can be accepted for what she was, a flawed person. Definitly the same as all of us.

This is definitly a big pro Camilla thread and it does seem that anything written about the late Princess (in a positive context) is tainted by those who feel the need to "put the shoe in" further so to speak. I mean, I still have certain issues with the whole Camilla thing but no one sees me posting unflattering and flying insults (Which hold many truths for that matter), about the Duchess. Instead, I feel it better to try and see it from the other side of the fence and in slow but gradual steps try and support her in her new role. What can be achieved by harshly criticizing a deceased woman? really?

I (personally) have never seen Diana as a saint or heroine, but as a lady who did many great things and had many fine and wonderful qualities, but had many faults also. She did spiteful things, but so did Charles and Camilla for that matter.

No one was worse than the other. They each let themselves down dramatically and there is no doubt that they know/knew this.

I am neither pro Diana or pro Camilla, but im also not anti Diana or harshly anti Camilla.

Fair enough that you weren't fond of Diana, but too continusously deprive her of some respect good will (even in death) is quite sad (I think anyway). She was a loving mother (no one can deny this), a charitable lady who showed much humility and sincerity to those less fortunate.

Like I said, there is no disrespect meant at all and I do thankyou for replying so tactfully and respectively to my posts.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night.

"MII"

alian delon (for example) have evething, money, etc etc and he is very unhappy, why? he no have the love from the person he want to love him.

Margrethe II said:
Thank you again for replying Skydragon :)

Like you, I hope that the current adulation of Camilla can be laid to rest and she to can be accepted for what she was, a flawed person. Definitly the same as all of us.

This is definitly a big pro Camilla thread and it does seem that anything written about the late Princess (in a positive context) is tainted by those who feel the need to "put the shoe in" further so to speak. I mean, I still have certain issues with the whole Camilla thing but no one sees me posting unflattering and flying insults (Which hold many truths for that matter), about the Duchess. Instead, I feel it better to try and see it from the other side of the fence and in slow but gradual steps try and support her in her new role. What can be achieved by harshly criticizing a deceased woman? really?

I (personally) have never seen Diana as a saint or heroine, but as a lady who did many great things and had many fine and wonderful qualities, but had many faults also. She did spiteful things, but so did Charles and Camilla for that matter.

No one was worse than the other. They each let themselves down dramatically and there is no doubt that they know/knew this.

I am neither pro Diana or pro Camilla, but im also not anti Diana or harshly anti Camilla.

Fair enough that you weren't fond of Diana, but too continusously deprive her of some respect good will (even in death) is quite sad (I think anyway). She was a loving mother (no one can deny this), a charitable lady who showed much humility and sincerity to those less fortunate.

Like I said, there is no disrespect meant at all and I do thankyou for replying so tactfully and respectively to my posts.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night.

"MII"

I agree with some thing that you say in your post. She was a great mother, that we can see now.

Fair enough that you weren't fond of Diana, but too continusously deprive her of some respect good will (even in death) is quite sad (I think anyway)

Death doesn't free us of our mistakes. Just because a person dies it doesn't mean they automatically become Saints and inviolable. I didn't respect her in life and I'll be damned if I'll do it in death.

She was a great mother, that we can see now.

Was she? Her sons have a wonderful legacy don't they? Tapes of her slagging off their Grandmother and their Father, sex talk etc. Charming.

corazon said:
the material things not are all in the life. Many rich's persons are very unhappy. not only diana.

very true corazon,

Tzu An,

{personal attack on another poster deleted - Elspeth}

Binge eating, thats how you referr to it!! She had Bulimia Nervosa!!! What dont you understand about that. Yes, she did have mental disorders but for god sake show some compassion!!!

"MII"

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:
Death doesn't free us of our mistakes. Just because a person dies it doesn't mean they automatically become Saints and inviolable. I didn't respect her in life and I'll be damned if I'll do it in death.

Well then keep it to yourself as we are very much aware of your stance!

"MII"

we never said that diana was a saint.

Well then keep it to yourself as we are very much aware of your stance!

Whats the point of a discussion board where people keep their opinions to themselves? Surely that removes the discussion element?

Margrethe II said:
very true corazon,

Tzu An,

[previously deleted by Moderator in original post]

Binge eating, thats how you referr to it!! She had Bulimia Nervosa!!! What dont you understand about that. Yes, she did have mental disorders but for god sake show some compassion!!!

"MII"

later they say that we insulted to camilla :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Margrethe II said:
This is definitly a big pro Camilla thread and it does seem that anything written about the late Princess (in a positive context) is tainted by those who feel the need to "put the shoe in" further so to speak. I mean, I still have certain issues with the whole Camilla thing but no one sees me posting unflattering and flying insults (Which hold many truths for that matter), about the Duchess. Instead, I feel it better to try and see it from the other side of the fence and in slow but gradual steps try and support her in her new role.

But to me that is as bad as saying whatever you are thinking outright, what truths?

She did spiteful things, but so did Charles and Camilla for that matter.
"MII

What spiteful things did Charles and Camilla do, in your opinion?

corazon said:
I agree with some thing that you say in your post. She was a great mother, that we can see now.

What no credit to Charles and Camilla who have helped raise these boys in the last 8 years?

skydragon, I have a quetiosn very simply for you. if diana was so bad like you said and charles is a good person, because he married her? he not have a weapon in his her for say ''i will'' in the church in 1981

Skydragon said:
What no credit to Charles and Camilla who have helped raise these boys in the last 8 years?
may be charles (camilla I not sure) help his son, is his obligations like father. you see wills in the hospital, you said that william learned it from camilla??

Last edited:
Diana had it easy where the boys were concerned. It was Charles who had to deal with the pot, the nazi uniform, the girlfriends, the thumping of photographers.

Tzu An said:

I have to say I agree with your take on things:)

Not if your going around in circles and not progressing within the conversation. No, its not as bad as syaing it outright because one keeps it to themsleves so as to not cause anyone else any offence. Now, I could and am so, so , so very close to to letting a very truthful and confronting post fly about Camilla, but as it shall get me no where and shall only cause further unrust amongst fellow contributors what is the point? Where does it get you or I? In a heated discussion. you thinking your right, me thinking that I am??

"MII"

Personally, I think its a shame that there isn't a board where this Diana, Charles and Camilla can be fought out, four letter words and all. It'd give everyone a chance to get it out of their system once and for all.

BeatrixFan said:
Whats the point of a discussion board where people keep their opinions to themselves? Surely that removes the discussion element?

Thats true, but you would have to be one of the most repetative posters I have come to post with and you really do bring nothing new to a discussion. So if your only repeating what you have already stated, where is the real discussion element?

"MII"

BeatrixFan said:
Diana had it easy where the boys were concerned. It was Charles who had to deal with the pot, the nazi uniform, the girlfriends, the thumping of photographers.

the drougs, the alchold......but harry continues with the alcohol.

Thats true, but you would have to be one of the most repetative posters I have come to post with and you really do bring nothing new to a discussion

Thankyou dear. That's very sweet of you to say so.

Skydragon said:
It wasn't really the press that gave her 'adulation', they just used her pictures to sell papers, which, in my opinion, she exploited. It's a bit like brainwashing, with so many pictures about, a lot of people fell for the hype. On the morning of her death the Guardian was running a story about her lack of intelligence and the way she contacted them to let them know her 'secret' location.

Diana opened the floodgates and threw the first stone by allowing the Morton book and encouraging her 'friends' to release her version to the press.

I don't know what accusations you want stopped but, I feel that as this is a forum, we are all entitled to put forward our own interpretation of history and the facts as we know them.

Oh please...I don't sit here and verbally trash Charles and Camilla to the extent some do to Diana on here.

In fact as I have pointed out several times, NONE OF THEM ARE INNOCENT IN ANY OF THIS.

This is not my interpretation so much as the fact I do not intend to beatify Diana as the same you need to realize Charles and Camilla did not come up smelling like roses either, my dear.

You are right, this is an open forum to post opinions, but I will be damned if I see such ridiculous and callous postings not answered with a touch of reality and fact.

Last edited:
the material things are important in the life but not are ALL, if you only want material things, and be happy with that will die alone and sad, because the material things ot said: ''i love you'', ''i am with you'' etc etc, one person can have many many many material's things and not have nothing.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:

With all due fairness, Diana had it "easy" as they were still boys when she died. Charles had to continue on as a single parent dealing with all the normal growing pains of two teenagers growing into adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom