Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 1: October 2003 - December 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This outfit is rather similar to the one she wore on WA's birthday party in september 2007.

If I remember correctly it was by Escada.
I quite like it; although I prefered it with the long skirt (the way she wore it in Oslo).

I think it was 'best' with the long skirt but I'm really pleased that she wore it with the shorter one. :)

Troonopvolgers!: Victoria in India

i dont think this is a flattering cut of a dress on Victoria at all - it makes her look matronly and big.
in response to questions about the sheer sleeves - i think it looks like a stole rather than part of the actually dress

:ROFLMAO: Oh what timing, she must have been able to sense the conflict over her clothes. "who are you calling boring?

Wow! What a beautiful dress! The cut and colors are gorgeous. Definitely not boring.;)

The dress is beautiful, and she would look much more beautiful without the ponytail.

Just when you least expect it...

I love it

This must be one of the ugliest cocktail dresses I've ever seen.
Gorgeous purple color ruined by big and tacky gold print, poorly tailored like something from 1987 'Dynasty', plus an unflattering banded neckline.
Sorry, but IMHO it's horrible - and judging by the Bollywood star's facial expression, he seems to be less than impressed as well.

This must be one of the ugliest cocktail dresses I've ever seen.
Gorgeous purple color ruined by big and tacky gold print, poorly tailored like something from 1987 'Dynasty', plus an unflattering banded neckline.
Sorry, but IMHO it's horrible - and judging by the Bollywood star's facial expression, he seems to be less than impressed as well.

ITA!! Joan Collins, move over! My god, what a fugly dress.

A very Indian dress for an Indian visit, I like it!!! Which designer is someone knows?

Indian? This isn't Indian at all, neither the cut nor the fabric. Just compare this to the latest evening gowns of Queen Beatrix, who indeed uses exquisite Indian fabrics woven with gold thread. If it's meant to be Indian, it might be considered an insult to the hosting country...:whistling:
Don't know the designer's name, thankfully... maybe Joan Collins does...:rolleyes:

Well it looks like I'm going to go against the trend: I like the gold & purple dress - its bright and happy
The more recent black one is a nice style, and flattering, but not unique and quite dark

Victoria's purple dress is very youthful and I'm glad she wore something so colourful. Sticking to dull, "safe" coulours when visiting somewhere like India is a shame.

I'm so jealous that she met Aamir Khan though, he's looking really good at the moment.

I have no problem with the dress, its not my favorate but it looks nice, I have a real pet peeve though. I hate an evening look with a big clunky daytime watch. Even it its $20,000. Rolex or Cartier. Daytime watches are daytime IMO. If you need to know what time it is put your watch in your purse and check. A nice gold bracelet would have finished this look. Does this bug anybody else? I recently went to a very formal affair and a girl was wearing a long beaded gown with a big watch. So Tacky!!! I have seen some of the royal princesses do this. IT MUST END IMMEDIATLY!!(HEHE)!

I have no problem with the dress, its not my favorate but it looks nice, I have a real pet peeve though. I hate an evening look with a big clunky daytime watch. Even it its $20,000. Rolex or Cartier. Daytime watches are daytime IMO. If you need to know what time it is put your watch in your purse and check. A nice gold bracelet would have finished this look. Does this bug anybody else? I recently went to a very formal affair and a girl was wearing a long beaded gown with a big watch. So Tacky!!! I have seen some of the royal princesses do this. IT MUST END IMMEDIATLY!!(HEHE)!

I agree with you, Rubies. It has always bothered me when I see people dressed for formal occasions, yet wearing their daily watch. She should have left it behind. I do love this dress, though. The purple color is absolutely beautiful on Victoria.

I don´t like the black dress at all, the top is not nice. It looks good from the waist down though. And the ponytail ...:bang:

I think it is! I thought the same thing when I say the photo but I couldn't find a photo of it. I think she looks beautiful in it, I've been waiting to see when she would wear it again. I have to say I was a little worried about what she would show up wearing so its a comfort to know.

I think you are correct PcessOfEurope. This is not one of the favorite dress in my opinion, but it is not the worst dress I've seen her in either. Her body has a lovely shape, and all the sports has given her nice arms among others, so she can really carry a dress like that very well!

I like the black dress too. It isn't fitted at the top, so it might look a bit "unsteady" or that the black top under the chiffon might not be attached to the chiffon, so the dress migt appear as somewhat messy, but i like the dress. She look wonderful!

IMO her hair defiantly looks best down. I wish she would wear her hair like tis more often.

Two more photos from yesterday evening:
Belga
Belga
Nice colour on her dress, though it´s close to be too "girlish" for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom