Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 6: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice dress but the shoes should be burned..they are pretty horrid!!
A tad harsh . . . maybe we could just bury them! Incidental an elegant young woman from my work just fell off her fabulous heels . . . she broke her ankle . . . it might have been worth it if the shoes were to die for but they weren't. They looked much like these clodhoppers!

I think all the bracelets on her wrists look like junk but the earrings look lovely.

Last edited:
They win ugliest shoes on the boards award!
Great color and cut of the dress

I dont find the shoes as horried as other posters but they are certainly not a good choice for this kind of event. I absolutely love the dress, colour & draping, a classy brooch would have been a nice touch.

What I find horried is the messy hair despite the ponytail, is there no spray or comb in Victoria's bathroom?

I don't care about the shoes, there is nothing horrible about them besides that they are platform. The dress is pretty but it doesn't sit well around the was it area, the belt seems to high up.

Duke of Marmalade said:
What I find horried is the messy hair despite the ponytail, is there no spray or comb in Victoria's bathroom?

Do you have a pic showing "messy" hair? I don't see that at all in the pics posted here.

Also, the waist of the dress sits high because it's empire waist, so it's supposed to.

I dont find the shoes as horried as other posters but they are certainly not a good choice for this kind of event. I absolutely love the dress, colour & draping, a classy brooch would have been a nice touch.

Absolutely; the dress is so stark that a nice pin would look perfect. (But then she should not wear those bracelets).

I never like her hair, it always looks strained away from her face in that boring ponytail. If she had a flattering haircut, it would soften that angular jaw and she would look so much prettier.

(But I don't like the hair styles on any of the Swedish royals: the Queen has helmet hair and Madeline looks like those ancient posters of Farrah, imo.)

The dress and the shoes is just fantatstic, but i wish she would do something about here hair. That ponytail is so boring now;)

Duke of Marmalade said:

Well, I'll agree that I prefer when she wears her hair in other styles, but am I wrong that it seems like her hair is thinner in front (looking like a cowlick)? This is common in someone who's just had a baby.

I don't find her hair messy at all or unkept. I actually like the ponytail this time round, no clip shown or elastic band. Moreover, a fringe or a softer front cut would suit her, also a new haircut with a style. Her hair seems the same for ages.

I love how she styled her hair. It looks perfectly neat to me; no loose strands, and it's out of her face. I see plenty of professional women style their hair in this fashion for work. It's functional and appropriate.

I love the whole look including the shoes she looks fresh and relaxed just gorgeous IMO .. I mean her hair is always an issue but I think she looks great this time .. I do know what you all mean re the ponytail situation it is really boring but I think the outfit outshines the hair IMO

I like her in that blue dress and high heels, she looks really good!

IMHO this overall look is 'practical' enough for a quick ride to go shopping for groceries by bicycle, but a far too casual and unappealing choice of outfit for an official engagement and such a nice occasion.
It makes August feel like October and makes Prince Daniel in his very appropriate suit and tie look overdressed.

Boris said:
IMHO this overall look is 'practical' enough for a quick ride to go shopping for groceries by bicycle, but a far too casual and unappealing choice of outfit for an official engagement and such a nice occasion.
It makes August feel like October and makes Prince Daniel in his very appropriate suit and tie look overdressed.

Im not sure it's too casual. After all, they are opening a walking path at the zoo.

I'm not sold on the shoes, however. And Daniel is a bit overdressed, but maybe he had another engagement/appointment for later in the day?

Im not sure it's too casual. After all, they are opening a walking path at the zoo.
That caption from the post above wouldn't be correct - nowadays, Djurgarden is not a zoo but a spacious park in the center of Stockholm where also the fun fair Gröna Lund and the open air museum Skansen are located.

Boris said:
That caption from the post above wouldn't be correct - nowadays, Djurgarden is not a zoo but a spacious park in the center of Stockholm where also the fun fair Gröna Lund and the open air museum Skansen are located.

So she's too casual for a park? Not to me.

Really lovely for the Zoo Do .... but the hubby in a suit at the Zoo... Victoria though love the jeans [are they jeans] and the jacket.

Victoria looks nice. I am not sure who is underdressed or overdressed here but I would prefer a more co-ordinated look.

If Victoria ere going for a stroll in the park, this look would have been great. I think a different color and style of trousers would have been a better choice for an engagement. The shoes are plain awful.

I think her outfit is fine for the occasion, but agree that it makes Daniel look a little overdressed in his suit.

If she had a different jacket/sweater/blazer, maybe in a knit, it would be ok.
Just because it's a Moncler jacket, and presumably expensive, doesn't sell it for me. It doesn't look chic or expensive.

I think her outfit is fine for the occasion, but agree that it makes Daniel look a little overdressed in his suit.

I think its glued to his body, he might even sleep in it.

Victoria is seriously underdressed.

Well if you judge by the weather in Sweden the recent days you could think it´s october... ;) Daniel look way overdressed for such an occasion imo.

Now that I've seen a video of the whole thing I think that Daniel was indeed overdressed. It appears they were walking/hiking along the whole path and I think Victoria's outfit is totally appropriate for that.

Now that I've seen a video of the whole thing I think that Daniel was indeed overdressed. It appears they were walking/hiking along the whole path and I think Victoria's outfit is totally appropriate for that.

If they had been just walking at their love path, Victoria's outfit would have been fine IMO, but this was the inauguration of their wedding gift they received from WWF. The inauguration has been delayed for two years. Victoria could have had a nice pant suit, that would have been appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom