Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: May 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pros of the ensemble are (1)simplicity of the ensemble; (2)an eternally elegant combination of the black and white; (3) a trendy blouse that fitted Crown Princess Mathilde perfectly; and (4) hairstyle, makeup and accessories that gave nice touches to complete the look. The big con is the skirt, which was awkwardly short for such tall lady as Crown Princess Mathilde.

I like this dress. I have read that Mathilde doesn't care for the color orange, but it looks lovely on her. I normally wouldn't advise pleats in the area that they are in on this dress, but somehow it works (I think it works because the eye is drawn to the applique just above it). The little cardigan makes the dress look more polished. I don't care for the shoes, though. I don't like the patent leather-shine with the linen-like fabric. They don't go together. She needed a thinner, matte sandal ( or even a gold sandal) with the dress.

I like only dress and shoes.

About dress I like style but not how it's made with this red something.

I don't like the jacket it looks strange on her.

I don't like the big plastic looking thing on the front of her dress. It looks gaudy!

I dislike the orange colour,the outfit and the shoes:nonono:

That's old, creased and badly fitted Natan crap.
Maxima unfortunately has the same outfit in orange.

I dislike the yellow colour and the outfit,the shoes and the bag too:nonono:

I like the color, and the print on the skirt. The collar is nice, but the boxy shape of the jacket does nothing for her. It is not very flattering. A more tapered fit would have been nicer.

The color of the dress and the jacket is quite nice and the earrings match it. However, the print does not match the whole outfit - it makes it far worse. Choosing this color of the bag was also a bad decision.

The dress per se is all right. However, the boxy ill-fitted short jacket undermined the whole outfit. I am not keen on golden shoes. The hairstyle seems to be unpolished.

The yellow outfit is too ill-fitting for me even the first time she wore it without the jacket. This outfit nor Maximas will grow on me. One is to yellow and the other too orange. Why the yellow boxy jacket and not a white cardigan?

:previous:
I think the jacket is beautiful, but the print on the dress is awful. The earring are nice. The jacket would have gone well, with a nice summery white dress. :flowers:

I wonder what she and Claire will wear during on our national day July 21th.
After this day the RF is on holiday and from the 25/7 until 6/9 people may visit for free the Brussel's Royal Palace every day except on Monday.

Wow, that's a really bright color!

I like the white outfit from a distance, but do not like the layering in close up shots - whether its true or not, some look very cheap or old. I do however really like the shoes she wore with it. The black fascinator I think was great when photographed side-on, but from the front it looked a bit odd to me. Mathilde's earrings wore gorgeous!

The pink: I absolutely love this fascinator, her hair looks great with it. The clutch is fine, wish I could see her shoes. The coat I'm not sure about to be honest - it strikes me as typical Mathilde, but I think I need to longer to decide whether I like it.

I like the white-lace coat with the black belt. It looks very soft and elegant. The fascinator is nice, but I don't care for the white lace that is attached to it. It would have looked better with just a simple black band with the black bow detail attached.

The pink outfit is nice, but the pattern on the skirt is not very flattering on her figure. The shade of pink is very pretty, though, and her fascinator is really pretty.

I also like the green and white outfit that she wore to the last event. That shade of green is very pretty, and the outfit is casual, but elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom