Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 32: June 2020 - January 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looked fantastic on both occasions.

Likewise I find H&M and Zara in mainland Europe have a lot better stock than here in the UK. Particularly in Italy and Spain!
Did you check the internet, I bought a few dresses in the internet although most of the time are sold out I managed to buy a few, Do you think they have the same as Europe ?
Actually to see Mary with the dress and a leather belt, gave me an idea for my dreses that come with the same fabric belt , I bout a few belts to see if it would look better, waiting to arrive now

I love Mary's look, Not to mention the brooche . Wonder what she has underneath, I imagine a nice dress. Is already o cold in Denmark?here is 34 grades already!

Mary looks lovely! Beautiful dress and shoes. Her hat is my least favorite of all she has, but still a wonderful look.

CPss Mary is very elegant today. Love this dress and the brooch, I think was a gift from the Queen at Prince Christians baptism. Both look great.

Love Mary's pairing of black accessories with that particular depth of blue. It is a very beautiful, pared down style cost and I really like the stand up collar and draping in front. While tending toward minimalist with its hidden buttons it is of an ideal length to move beautifully with its gored skirt giving a lovely swing when moving. I would love to see what dress she is wearing or perhaps she is wearing a coat dress.

Strangely for me, the hat is my least favourite part of the ensemble. Cocktail hats, while formal, are more often worn in summer at weddings. Mary has some amazing actual hats any one of which would have been better.

Overall a really good look but are we allowed to note that she looked decidedly peeved at one stage there?

That's a lovely shade of blue on Mary. Blue seems to be her colour!

The dress is a beautiful color on her. And I love the brooch :flowers:

Not a fan of the hat or netting. But the hair is lovely.

CP Mary looks really sad; it's about war dead. The somber outfit is perfect.

Crown Princess Mary very elegant at the annual Flag Dag celebrations today, September 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I thought Mary looked very elegant in the pictures, as she often does.

Her ensemble is something very much in "the zone" for the Duchess of Cambridge, and I would not be surprised to see her wear something similar at some stage.

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 32: June 2020 -

I thought Mary looked very elegant in the pictures, as she often does.

Her ensemble is something very much in "the zone" for the Duchess of Cambridge, and I would not be surprised to see her wear something similar at some stage.

I thought the same thing: It looks like an outfit Catherine would wear.

Mary did look elegant and lovely. Blue is a good color on her. I liked the netting on the hat; it have her a bit of a 1940s-esque look. Her brooch was stunning.

Last edited:
Today, Crown Princess Mary attends and speaks at the international conference ”A Decade of Action – 10 years left” on UN Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs. The parliament, Christiansborg Palace.

In a elegant black recycled jacket and trousers.
Mary is a beautiful woman and she looks very lovely, and really good these days. I like her soft and feminine long curly hair.

And Marys smile :wub:

https://ibb.co/Vjfs8w6
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE6-p6LAZ_b/
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhdQ_3RWkAElTeE?format=jpg&name=large
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

Last edited:
Love the wrap top with peplum and she looks good in black. Don’t like the orange hair

Mary at the Regional Committee for Europe's 70th session at the UN City in Copenhagen today, September 14:

** Full view **

Heads and shoulders above the vast majority of other royal ladies in the fashion stakes,Crown Princess Mary looked impeccable today.

Heads and shoulders above the vast majority of other royal ladies in the fashion stakes,Crown Princess Mary looked impeccable today.

Very mucn agree with you, An Ard Ri. A wonderful look!

It is hard to quantify beauty itself but style, elegance, chic, call it what you will, that's relatively easy and Mary has it in spades. It's not the cost of of the wardrobe because there are women we all know or have met that are just as chic but on a really small budget.

I'd go further. Some women in uniform wear it like it's couture with a capital 'C'. It is quantity X on steroids and Mary has it in spades and the number of misses she has are minuscule when you consider the sheer number of times she steps out the (figurative) front door.

The actual number of ensembles assembled for a week must be daunting and I have noticed times where adding or losing a coat and change of accessories gives her a totally different look between morning and afternoon.

Comparing her "working" wardrobe with her down-time attire is very illuminating and shows she enjoys casual life so, in spite of the many who say she's a fashion addict, I think she treats her wardrobe as costumes or props.

I find her hit and miss at best.

I am not a fan of this look. I don't like the shoulders, sleeves honestly, something puffy and odd. The color is nice on her though. Nor do I like the belt with the pants.

Her hair looks wonderful.

Agree. Rarely does she disappoint fashion wise

I think Mary learnt a lot from her wonderful stylist. I remember back in the early days when you could tell if Mary dressed herself. Her own styling just didn't have that extra little something that brings an outfit together making it special. Whether it be a pop of colour or a belt accessory, it is often the little things which can carry a look off properly.
Her stylist was wonderful educating Mary to a European chic look.
It must be difficult putting together a wardrobe for visits to schools, and aged care, and art museums and Business/Industry types. It really is a working wardrobe that Princesses have to put together always keeping in mind that people want to see A PRINCESS not just the girl from next door.

Now that's a really good point. While we have wouwsers moaning about the cost of her clothes, people really do want to meet a Princess and Mary managed to look pretty princessy when the occasion calls for it. Especially when there are children around.

Also it is important to remember she is representing the DRF and Denmark itself every time she steps out the door. She doesn't appear to have fallen into the trap of wearing a $29.95 dress from the Danish version of the high street.

Fast fashion is exploitative and cheap and any royal lady pulling that stroke is a hypocrite because they will most often wear it once whereas the everyday woman has to re-sew any buttons on as they easily fall off and most probably wont be replaceable. Either way she is stuck with it for the summer if it doesn't fall to pieces in the wash.

Which brings us back to wanting to see a Princess and not the girl next door!

Crown Princess Mary inaugurated the Australian War Memorial in Denmark today, September 17, wearing a Ralph Lauren dress combined with a jacket:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** August 2017 ** June 2010 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Do you remember when she first married they called her an empty headed fashion addict wasting all Fred's money on frippery. The people who'd been round longer told us that she was building her wardrobe and they would reap the benefits in 5-10 years. Well, shes proved that in spades.

The only thing I don't like about this incarnation is her hair. It is a drab and aging style so much so that strans of her hair itself is trying to wave and escape.

Also, IMO the occasion called for a hat.

She really looks elegant and chic in all her recent engagements... One point earlier there was a comment about the hair colour .. IMO I think it could be less of what it is and a deeper richer colour only me though the last hair was a bit os a miss for me ... but for the rest timeless

Very elegant, from top to bottom.
A classic look

The Crown Princess looked very polished and elegant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom