Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 18: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 18 of the thread about the fashion for the little and teenage royals!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 17: August 2021 - June 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Maud Angelica attended the opening of the exhibition "Open doors" at the Queen Sonja Art Stable today, June 22:

** Pic ** gallery **

Last edited:
I think Alexia looks really nice, even a touch more "toned down" than usual. Which for her seems to be a good thing.

But why did Alexia carry a hand bag with her? I guess to complement her shoes... I'm personally not a fan of this outfit. Ariane is fine but this time I like their elder sister's and mother's choices better.

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 18: June 2022 -

Alexia’s outfit makes me think of 60s ish patterned pajamas. She wears it well though.

I like Ariane’s dress best. Very summery.

Not feeling Leonor's dress. Maybe it would have been a cute blouse. I know loose and baggy things are in right now but as she is, they're just going to swamp her.

Sofia's outfit looks a bit like something in Leonor's old/usual style.

I love what Sofia is wearing. She looks young and trendy but it is also age appropriate.

I like Leonor’s dress but not for a young lady or teenager! It’s the kind of dress I’d wear to work and I’m a teacher in my 30s.

Tatiana (and India) at the Muzungu Sisters Summer Festival in London to launch the Muzungu Sisters kids collection today, June 28, both wearing Muzungu Sisters:

** Pic **

Sasha and Max did so as well, see here.

Last edited:
I don't think I can find a single thing I like about this dress on Leonor, and she's very pretty and enthused otherwise (and suddenly looks like Elisabeth's twin!). Not sure if it's better if she is dressing herself these days or not. :ermm:

Sofia is cute and very summery. I can't shake the feeling she did those braids herself.

Nice colours on Leonor but the style of the dress doesn’t do much for her.

Sofia’s dress is cute but too short for this sort of occasion. I saw a video of their arrival and at one point she had to reach around and hold it over her bottom to prevent the breeze from lifting it. I like that they seem to be letting each girl find her own style - these outfits aren’t even coordinated, let alone matching - but that dress should have provoked a firm “no” from her parents to avoid potentially putting a 15 year old girl in an embarrassing situation.

Agreed!
If she insisted on wearing the dress she should have had weights sown in the hemlines.

I can’t see what’s not to like about Leonor’s dress - a wrap dress is as classic as it can get for a summer day engagement, and the color red likely purposefully reflects the flag of Girona.

Both girls look great.

It's —again— too big, and neither the color nor the print nor even the sleeves are flattering.

I know the Palace loves wardrobe off-the-rack, but I have no idea why someone can't size or adjust her clothes appropriately.

I can’t see what’s not to like about Leonor’s dress - a wrap dress is as classic as it can get for a summer day engagement, and the color red likely purposefully reflects the flag of Girona.

Both girls look great.
I agree. Nice summer dresses on two lovely young girls.
If Sofia isn't worried about her skirt being to short then why should anyone else be.
Also maybe Leonor likes her dress to be loose fitting. She looks both happy and comfortable wearing it.

Last edited:
I just see a pretty wrap dress on a beautiful girl. I don’t think there is anything off about the cut or the fit. Looks lovely to me!

I just have this crazy feeling that if Elisabeth or IA was wearing the exact dress, people would love it.

Both dresses look fine (and appropriate) to me. It's nice that they can dress somewhat to their own taste while I am sure their parents keep an eye out/set some boundaries for when they are out of a public occasion.

Nice dress on Leonor. I don't mind the loose fitting, it can be very comfortable (she looks so comfy while sitting). The color is beautiful too.

Interesting hairstyle for Sofia. It's not the first time she experiments with her hair. I like her dress, a bit too short, but if she's fine with it, then great!

Those girls are so pretty. I never cease to be amazed at their hair. It is truly glorious!

ITA with BriarRose and others. They are dressed very appropriately for the season and their age brackets. I especially like Leo's dress.

Last edited:
I just see a pretty wrap dress on a beautiful girl. I don’t think there is anything off about the cut or the fit. Looks lovely to me!

I just have this crazy feeling that if Elisabeth or IA was wearing the exact dress, people would love it.

I don’t think I’d love this dress on anyone. In the end though, the dress is appropriate for the occasion, which is the only standard Leonor has to meet for official engagements. The rest is down to personal taste.

Leonor doesn’t seem to be a budding fashionista, and to me that’s a good thing, because although she’ll be expected to showcase Spanish brands, her clothes and fashion sense can’t overshadow her work. So to me it would be a win if she continues down this road of wearing very mainstream, comfortable clothes that aren’t going to stick in the mind one way or another.

Funny those girls used to look alike like twins but not anymore! They are both maturing now. At the moment I don't see any parent in Leonor but had to think of Elisabeth of Belgium, similar look. Sofia looks very Cristina to me, as will be as tall I guess.
Both girls look comfy in their dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom