Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 15: September 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right, Queen Margrethe usually attends that event each year!

Here are some more photos provided by the Palace:

** kongehuset Instagram gallery **

Last edited:
Yes, I remember it used to be the Regent Couple who attended this event, and I guess after Henrik's retirement + death it was the Queen alone.

Last edited:
Mary looks wonderful! Looks like a great event!

Last edited:
Yes, he is. Maybe this event will now be attended by Mary going forward.

Yes, or it wasn't clear exactly when Frederik would return to DK, when the last bits of the state visit was planned.
Anyway, with QMII getting older we can indeed expect Mary and/or Frederik to take over that event as well.

My first thought was that she must be exhausted after the state visit- therefore CP Mary attends.

:previous:

Queen Margrethe is still in Germany. She‘ll attend a final event in Munich, Germany, tomorrow, November 13.

No, no press and I think that's both appropriate and considerate.

It is after all about the cancer patients. Not Mary being seen visiting cancer patients.
Another matter is that no matter how considerate the press-people are, they will nevertheless cause some disturbance and stress, for both the patients as well as the staff, who have plenty to look after these days.
Also, some of the patients may not be keen on being seen by strangers, let alone photographed.

This makes it all the more intimate and personal.

No, no press and I think that's both appropriate and considerate.

It is after all about the cancer patients. Not Mary being seen visiting cancer patients.
Another matter is that no matter how considerate the press-people are, they will nevertheless cause some disturbance and stress, for both the patients as well as the staff, who have plenty to look after these days.
Also, some of the patients may not be keen on being seen by strangers, let alone photographed.

This makes it all the more intimate and personal.

I completely agree. Having photographers flashing away would be disruptive and take away from the time Mary spent there.

More on Mary's visit to Kræftværket.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...gloegg-og-aebleskiver-mary-spredte-juleglaede

The top photo of Mary is very good!

Judging from the photos Mary's visit was very much appreciated. The body-language and atmosphere in the photos leaves an impression of warmth and being relaxed. - As it should be.

With all possible respect for QMII and Benedikte. It wouldn't have been quite the same, I think.
These are young people 15-29 and Mary (and Frederik) suits that age-group well. Also because to most present I think M&F is the regent couple.

Posts that no longer discussed Crown Princess Mary‘s actual current events have been moved to this thread.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary participated in the UN Women and Boston Consulting Group's "Gender Diversity Roundtable" at the UN City in Copenhagen today, March 7.

When arriving she was asked about the current situation in the Ukraine and answered:

"We follow the development with great concern. Our thoughts are with the Ukrainian people and the children and adults who fear for the future", "It is clear that it is very important to talk to your children about what is going on and answer the many questions they have. As best you can now." According to Billed Bladet she also "stressed the importance of highlighting hope for the future and for the Ukrainian people".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** kongehuset gallery **

** tt.se gallery ** BB video: Dybt berørt Mary: Vigtigt at tale med børnene om krigen i Ukraine **

** gettyimages gallery: DNK: Crown Princess Mary Attends UN Women "Gender Diversity Round Table" In Copenhagen **

Last edited:
It's a pretty heavy visit for Mary!

She it meeting the PM, which is an indication of how this visit is viewed by Bangladesh.
Because the country, which is already way too overpopulated is suffering severely from the changing climate and also from the repercussions of Corona. With the global economy likely to slow down due to the war in Ukraine, Bangladesh is a serious need of investments, both in regards to businesses but also very much in regards to infrastructure and know how in dealing with the climate change, i.e. new crops, alternative forms of agriculture and so on.
On top of that Mary, on behalf of Denmark, will show her displeasure with the regime in Myanmar by visiting the Rohingya refugees.

To put it bluntly: The Rohingya people of Myanmar, are "the Jews of Myanmar." They get blamed for everything, a sentiment that enjoys widespread support among the public in Myanmar.

It's a pretty heavy visit for Mary!

She it meeting the PM, which is an indication of how this visit is viewed by Bangladesh.
Because the country, which is already way too overpopulated is suffering severely from the changing climate and also from the repercussions of Corona. With the global economy likely to slow down due to the war in Ukraine, Bangladesh is a serious need of investments, both in regards to businesses but also very much in regards to infrastructure and know how in dealing with the climate change, i.e. new crops, alternative forms of agriculture and so on.
On top of that Mary, on behalf of Denmark, will show her displeasure with the regime in Myanmar by visiting the Rohingya refugees.

To put it bluntly: The Rohingya people of Myanmar, are "the Jews of Myanmar." They get blamed for everything, a sentiment that enjoys widespread support among the public in Myanmar.

Very interesting events she's attending. She will also be present when a cooperation agreement is signed between the two countries which includes trade cooperation.

Seems like some soft diplomacy is involved as well.

Muhler...is it significant that Mary is making this trip? Would this be a trip that maybe Frederik would have made?

Very interesting events she's attending. She will also be present when a cooperation agreement is signed between the two countries which includes trade cooperation.

Seems like some soft diplomacy is involved as well.

Muhler...is it significant that Mary is making this trip? Would this be a trip that maybe Frederik would have made?

It is IMO absolutely a proof that Mary enjoys a very high degree of trust by the politicians and that they have a very high confidence in her, because as you indicate, this is on a level where it would be natural that Frederik would take this one, due to the political under-currents.
Mary is basically heading a full-scale trade and development delegation as well as expressing a political sentiment. - It will require a good deal of tact and ability to say the right thing, clearly, also when suddenly confronted with a question by the press.

What all possible respect for Bangladesh, it's not nearly in the same political and economic league as say Italy or Korea, but it's still a heavy visit so to speak.

So the notion of modern crown princesses or queen-consorts being mere ribbon-cutters is long over. The requirement today are much highter, and so is the responsibility.

I agree about the modern CPs and QCs needing to be very well-versed in current issues and be very capable of doing this type of soft diplomacy. Also, being able to handle giving speeches, answering press questions and giving interviews. Showing up for just a photo op is no longer acceptable. Plus being able to speak coherently about the issues you're highlighting is now an expected requirement of the job. From my perspective it is now expected that CPs and QCs be modern, hardworking, confident, intelligent women...royals that work...not just royals that wave. And Mary is an exemplary example of that.

Very much looking forward to this unexpected trip. And here I was thinking we would not see Mary until Saturday at Isabella's confirmation.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary met with Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the Ganabhaban official residence in Dhaka, Bangladesh today, April 25.

Afterwards she attended the signing of a green Danish-Bangladeshi co-operation agreement as well as a lunch with representatives of Danish companies in Bangladesh:

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset video **

** BB article: Nu er kronprinsessen landet: Mary indleder udlandsbesøg på fornem vis **

** BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary kommer med ny dagsorden: Ser frem til helt særligt møde **

** BB video: Stor glæde: Kronprinsesse Mary overværer historisk øjeblik **

** kongehuset gallery day 1: Bangladesh - dag 1 ** BB Video: Flot modtagelse: Kronprinsesse Mary fik en ..**

Last edited:
I like the video from Mary. Directly narrating her first day.
Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom