What now for William & Catherine: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
As you may or may not know, there has been significant discussion on the present and future roles of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Those previous discussion can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ture-duties-roles-responsibilities-35796.html and http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...e-duties-roles-responsibilities-35796-90.html .

After careful consideration, the TRF moderation team has decided to have one thread to discuss their roles. In the past, discussing the role of William and/or Catherine often leads to a discussion regarding the role of the other Cambridge. One thread will allow us to maintain a nice cohesive discussion.

It is often stated that William's flying role allows him to spend more time with his family, but surely long hours flying takes up more time than royal duties would do, if they were based in London.

It is often stated that William's flying role allows him to spend more time with his family, but surely long hours flying takes up more time than royal duties would do, if they were based in London.

Actually when you think about it, its not really long flying hours. He could go an entire shift without a call coming in requesting an air ambulance. The aim is to always have someone readily available to respond or as we've called it here where I am, "on station". I'm not totally sure how his shifts are structured but I imagine that the information has been made available somewhere. If things are as I think they are, shift schedules are scheduled in advance so William most likely can figure out where to schedule royal duties, family vacations or just about anything else.

While he's working at EAAA too, its relatively in his neighborhood so its like Daddy going to and coming home from work. For the times they're doing things in London like the recent full calendar of royal duties, Daddy and Mummy come home from "work" to Apt. 1A.

Am I alone in enjoying watching the Cambridge's official royal roles grow? I mean, it's a beautiful thing to see.

Am I alone in enjoying watching the Cambridge's official royal roles grow? I mean, it's a beautiful thing to see.
No, I do as well. And they truly are growing even when they are not increasing the numbers. Especially William has taken on alot heavier roles recently!

It seems like they're stepping out quite a bit now that summer breaks and maternity leave is a thing of the past. We're seeing quite a bit of all of the BRF right now and that's a good thing. Keeps us talking and posting!

THE DUCHESS of Cambridge will take on a new high-profile role to champion the causes closest to her heart as she grows into her role as a future modern Queen-
Kate: I’ll prove I’m not just pretty face | Royal | News | Daily Express

I'm looking forward to Catherine taking on a more high profile royal role. I know she can go on to do some amazing things with her actions and voice.
Since it's unnamed sources etc I will take this with a grain of salt :) I hope it's true but only time will tell.

Since it's unnamed sources etc I will take this with a grain of salt :) I hope it's true but only time will tell.

True, but I'm just looking forward to Catherine really stepping up her game, because it's not only time for her to do so, but I know she can do it. She has gained a great deal of confidence these past years and I think she's preparing herself to make her voice heard on behalf of her charities.

One can be skeptical of Camilla's sources, I know I am, but what is written is what should be taking place and I'm looking forward to Catherine taking on a more high profile on behalf of her charities.

Exactly. I'll wait for the official announcement from the palace, or another credible source. Some people just see what they want to see, regardless of where it comes from. I'm sure Catherine will do more when the Queen and the Prince of Wales feel it's appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Exactly. I'll wait for the official announcement from the palace, or another credible source. Some people just see what they want to see, regardless of where it comes from. I'm sure Catherine will do more when the Queen and the Prince of Wales feel it's appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think The Queen allows members of her family to tackle issues in the way they see fit. There's no one stopping Catherine from speaking up on behalf of her charities. It's all about how comfortable she is in taking a more present role for her charities. The family will support her like always.

I think The Queen allows members of her family to tackle issues in the way they see fit. There's no one stopping Catherine from speaking up on behalf of her charities. It's all about how comfortable she is in taking a more present role for her charities. The family will support her like always.

I agree that HMQ just lets her family find their own way. The problem with articles such as this is that is raises expectations and also does that within a timeline - and all from anonymous sources.

So if Catherine doesn't make a speech when she does her next solo visit, the trolls will be out criticising her because some reporter said that she will speak out!

I agree with all of you who say that it's up to Catherine and not some unknown source.

I agree that HMQ just lets her family find their own way. The problem with articles such as this is that is raises expectations and also does that within a timeline - and all from anonymous sources.

So if Catherine doesn't make a speech when she does her next solo visit, the trolls will be out criticising her because some reporter said that she will speak out!

I agree with all of you who say that it's up to Catherine and not some unknown source.
I agree. And that sucks. That is why I don't like that all the Kate friendly blogs and such are spreading it and saying as if it's good news. It might be, but better to just judge her on what she does and not what some paper says she might do.

I think this article is a residual from the messaging that was done last month when they hosted some of the British press at KP. I assume they told them about the India trip (infor embargoed of course) and gave some talking points and plan for the future year. Extending the olive branch so to speak. Looking forward to seeing Catherine grow further. We shall see - but i believe when it is an 'inside source' promoting substantive growth - I think it came from KP.

We've been getting hints about her agenda with mental health for a while now. We just have to wait and see when she will speak out.

I think this article is a residual from the messaging that was done last month when they hosted some of the British press at KP. I assume they told them about the India trip (infor embargoed of course) and gave some talking points and plan for the future year. Extending the olive branch so to speak. Looking forward to seeing Catherine grow further. We shall see - but i believe when it is an 'inside source' promoting substantive growth - I think it came from KP.

I get why you think this but I disagree. There is no way she is leaking anything from that event. Her career as a Royal reporter would be over. It was a get to know event and what was said in the room stays in the room.

This is an awful article because all it does is pile on the pressure.

Agree, each person makes their own decision on when and how much 'work' they contribute to the firm and the type, with a little input from the Queen on the major events.

William's interview in May 2012, he said as much.

IMO, I think William sees himself as a global person and would rather not do the day to day events in the U.K., i.e., the opening of a linen factory in Scotland.

He wants to be on the world stage and IMO, until he has the center stage he will try to be a 'private' person and fly a helicopter.

Last edited:
I have to give Camilla Tominey some credit. She and her "sources" called it and said Catherine would be giving more speeches and expanding her role as a senior royal. We are now seeing Catherine on the path to doing so. We're hearing from her than we did before.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 37m37 minutes ago
The Duke of Edinburgh today passed his 63-year patronage of the RAF Air Cadets to the Duchess of Cambridge, Buckingham Palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m39 minutes ago
It is the first military role for the Duchess of Cambridge, who becomes Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadet Organisation.

Well...that's quite a step up right there.

LaRae

I'm glad Catherine's official honorary military role is starting to grow. Bring on more military roles. Congrats to The Duchess of Cambridge!

Last edited:
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.

Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King.

Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...

....it is appropriate that he is regularly briefed on government business".

The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.

Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King.

Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...

....it is appropriate that he is regularly briefed on government business".

I don't know why anyone would think William shouldn't have cabinet papers. Is it not part of his training ?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 37m37 minutes ago
The Duke of Edinburgh today passed his 63-year patronage of the RAF Air Cadets to the Duchess of Cambridge, Buckingham Palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 39m39 minutes ago
It is the first military role for the Duchess of Cambridge, who becomes Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadet Organisation.

It looks like Santa came a bit early for you Dman and gave you what you've been wanting Kate to have for a very long time and I am so very happy that she's finally getting her very own military roles. It also shows that there is trust and closeness between Kate and her grandfather-in-law and the passing of this torch is really a big deal I think.

It looks like Santa came a bit early for you Dman and gave you what you've been wanting Kate to have for a very long time and I am so very happy that she's finally getting her very own military roles. It also shows that there is trust and closeness between Kate and her grandfather-in-law and the passing of this torch is really a big deal I think.

Catherine's military appointment was a beautiful surprise. I'm glad she's now receiving some military positions of her own, and I'm sure she's going to do an amazing job on representing these thousands of cadets in the UK and abroad. I have full confidence in her and so does Prince Philip. You'd think he would've handed the role down to William or Harry, since he took over after the late King. It's a really big deal for him to hand the role over to his grand-daughter-in-law, The Duchess of Cambridge. I'm sure she's thrilled and so is William and the family.

Catherine's official senior royal role is expanding, and I'm very pleased indeed, ;)

Also, West Point just named it's first female commandant of West Point’s Corps of Cadets today.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I realize just how fitting it was for Philip to pass it on to Kate. From what I've read on these cadets, they're in a program in their early teens to build on possibly having a career in the future with the military. It really fits into the overall plan that Kate is working on with roles that aid and support things related to youth and their issues and needs.

Quite fitting if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom