The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Commoner

Let us be serious, the cambridges have always been the most popular couple of the royal family and it will remain so... they are more conventional, traditional, they do not polarize people as much as the Sussex (though I do love them :) )

I was like a lot of other people kind of disappointed by the pakistan tour, very short, very low key... It did not have the majesty of the new Zealand tour with George, the Indian one or the one in Canada with both of the little ones.

If you want to see a big change in the work of the cambridge, I see nothing against it but I won't follow you there. They were good before, there are still good now, they will be good tomorrow . As I told some times ago, I thought the HEADS together campaign was a huge win for Will, Kate and Harry. I am much less convinced by Kate's new early years program or at least the way it is presented to the public. If you are doing great things, you should definitely highlight it better.

To be relatable to other people, I personnally would not stress either that I choose a flight to be able to walk my children to school. Nobody doubts the cambridge's love for their children and this is the kind of tidbit information that tends to irk people that don't have this privilege rather than to endear them to you.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I merely posted link to article, I agree that the Cambridges have in fact adopted the well worn mantra “keep calm and carry on” and have largely been doing what they’ve always done. If anything IMO, outside factors shall we say, have possibly made that routine and way of being royal seem more attractive. In terms of tours the Pakistan tour was perhaps more boring due to logistics and security concerns. We and the media sadly also can’t always expect the children to attend tours as now they are approaching the age when all 3 will be in some sort of education it makes much more sense to try and schedule tours within the school terms so the family can still have proper quality time off together. Their raised profile is also IMO understandable as when others are making headlines for wrong reasons, whether their fault or not, the appeal of the (let’s be honest in some ways boring) Cambridges is greater, tie in the fact they are taking on increasingly important roles in the RF, in many ways taking over Charles’s role as he takes on more of the Queen’s duties.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Its an interesting article, but the snide asides were very unpleasant. This compulsive urge to compare the heir and spare is pretty tired. Ptince Albert felt it growing up and then as Duke of York, Andrew certainly felt it and we all know about Harry.

They are now conciously working to be what they are destined to be and their commitment can't be underestimated but we need to remember that this is still only tabloid fodder.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Things are going ahead for the Cambridges just like they're supposed to. Its been in the works for quite a while now and once the Cambridges signed on as full time working royals, they've been steadily defining and refining their roles and gearing up for the next reign. Its called a soft transition of the monarchy (which for the most part, none of us has ever witnessed before).

Its no surprise. It has nothing to do with other members of the British royal family and the handwriting has been on the wall for a very long time that this is the way things were going to go. Its expected. Its in the cards. Its the evolution of the future monarchy under Charles, then William and eventually, George and so forth down the line.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Just a reminder: Let’s make sure to keep the discussion on the Cambridges and their future roles and not turn this into a discussion about how various royals are treated in the media. Thanks.