The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for color on the tour!

LaRae

How is wearing another color ‘not her style’? She’s worn colors other than navy and black before.

Also, I wasn’t someone who cared about her being from Hollywood or whatever else you stated in that first paragraph so idk. I actually like Meghan just commenting on what she’s wearing today which I think would’ve been better in another, warmer fall color.

She doesn't do a lot of colors. She's always been up front about likely neutral colors. Which is why I find it funny people coming in here looking for colors. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, but a general trend I noticed.

She had/wore British business today as well...but I forget none of that counts.

LaRae
Not sure I understand what you were trying hard to communicate.

She doesn't do a lot of colors. She's always been up front about likely neutral colors. Which is why I find it funny people coming in here looking for colors. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, but a general trend I noticed.

Probably because some people would like her to wear more color anyway, despite her preference for neutrals. CP Victoria clearly likes her hair up- doesn’t stop people from wishing it was down....

Navy isn’t neutral though. It’s just dark.

Not sure I understand what you were trying hard to communicate.

Not sure how much more clear I need to be. She was wearing British designs too, not just Givenchy. You keep ignoring that fact and I've pointed this out to you at least 2 or 3 other times when you have complained about her wearing 'foreign' designers etc.

LaRae

Probably because some people would like her to wear more color anyway, despite her preference for neutrals. CP Victoria clearly likes her hair up- doesn’t stop people from wishing it was down....

Navy isn’t neutral though. It’s just dark.

Navy is a neutral color.

I think this is a smart choice----the lineup on that row was raspberry, navy, emerald green on the royal ladies and this is a piece that will serve her well in the future on outdoor engagements---it didn't catch the wind, is a versatile length, and will work well with a future pregnancy. If it fades her into the woodwork right now...so much the better. Only five months ago she was a high-profile glamorous bride in exactly the same venue as she found herself today. I give her props and look forward to how she uses this piece and accessorizes it in the future.

Reactions: ACO
BTW, I haven't caught everyone's clothes yet, but it seems every female member of the BRF, except for Kate, was in either green or blue (navy) today? I've noticed some form of color coordination at other events too (Queen's birthday concert etc.). Are they actually coordinating or is this some kind of weird coincidence?

The Duchess of Gloucester wore a bright red outfit today. ? Catherine's cerise is a blue based color, so it will work with the various blues and blue based greens IMHO. I believe that if we are fortunate enough to see a very large extended family photo, that we'll see many of the colors found in the bridesmaids' sashes and the page boys' cummerbunds.

Not sure how much more clear I need to be. She was wearing British designs too, not just Givenchy. You keep ignoring that fact and I've pointed this out to you at least 2 or 3 other times when you have complained about her wearing 'foreign' designers etc.

LaRae
Her ensemble was largely Givenchy. When I last checked, that was French.

Does anyone know why Meghan is wearing a stack of rings on her fingers. Looks quite bizarre to me.

It’s a shade of blue. Not neutral to me. Black, white, tan, gray are more neutral.

Navy is considered a neutral color, especially when it's on the darker side. Blue is not, but navy is.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Meghan is wearing a stack of rings on her fingers. Looks quite bizarre to me.

I noticed they are only on her right hand and its not unusual to wear two or more rings on that hand if the rest of your accessories are pared back. Since she flew so under the radar in navy and simple earrings maybe this was a little stealth bling. Just guessing of course. I really like the floral ring on her right index finger---it softens the look for me.
Once again....just guessing since I don't live in Meghan's closet. Really, I don't---I live in Kate's ?

Cause she likes them? She always stacks jewelry. These are just thicker.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 -

Navy is considered a neutral color, especially when it's on the darker side. Blue is not, but navy is.

I guess I see navy as more neutralish, if that’s even a term. lol But not as straight up neutral as white, black, tan, gray. I guess because I’m pickier about what I’d wear with navy.

I seldom post, but as I looked at all the guests arriving for the service, I noticed many ladies were wearing very dark colors. Only the Queen and Duchess Katherine had on a colored dress. Even Beatrice’s dress was dark. I wondered, since there were ‘rules’ that went out to the guests on what not to do, men’s clothing, etc., perhaps the suggestion went out for ladies to wear darker colors so the only the bride stood out in her white dress. Other celebrity brides asked their female guests to wear black so only the bride wore white as the bride wanted to stand out...so maybe that suggestion was here also.

I loved Duchess Meghan’s dress and coat combination. She did not want to out shine the bride nor wear something that would bring attention to herself by wearing a funky color or hat. She knew it was a special day for Eugenie. Some ladies wore dresses while others did wear coats, as Duchess Meghan did. It appeared that it was cooler weather, windy for sure. Again with Duchess Meghan wearing dark blue, I wondered if that was a brides request.

Last edited:
Whilst Meghan looks beautiful as usual; I do wish she would experiment more with her colours and designers. I know that darker and neutral colours are more her thing and she's clearly a big fan of Givenchy, though it's soon going to become tiring seeing her in virtually the same outfits all the time.

Whilst Meghan looks beautiful as usual; I do wish she would experiment more with her colours and designers. I know that darker and neutral colours are more her thing and she's clearly a big fan of Givenchy, though it's soon going to become tiring seeing her in virtually the same outfits all the time.

Err, this is the first time we've seen her in a coat like this? We can talk about her in virtually the same thing once we start seeing the same thing in different colors.

Err, this is the first time we've seen her in a coat like this? We can talk about her in virtually the same thing once we start seeing the same thing in different colors.

I didn't mean my post in a negative way toward Meghan so I was a bit taken a back by your negative reaction. Of course, you're entitled to disagree with me, but I would've preferred a more civil manner and simple correction. I don't mean to say that this isn't the first time or give false information, tastes differ, that's all. We can all share our opinions. What I meant was it's similar to the colour tones she often wears, not the style or design of the coat specifically.

I didn't mean my post in a negative way toward Meghan so I was a bit taken a back by your negative reaction. I don't mean to say that this isn't the first time or give false information, tastes differ, that's all. We can all share our opinions.
Just trying to point out a fact. When someone says it all virtually look the same, I would she's worn something similar before. I

Just trying to point out a fact. When someone says it all virtually look the same, I would she's worn something similar before. I

Ah, a difference in phrasing then. I was just put out by the "err" in your post as that made your tone sound more negative to me but it's harder to read tone on the internet - apologies that I took it the wrong way (as usual, I need to start having some kind of tone reading lesson, haha!).

Last edited:
I like her navy wedding outfit. I thought it was elegant but not memorable. She looked great but she has worn more impressive outfits.

Ah, a difference in phrasing then. I was just put out by the "err" in your post as that made your tone sound more negative to me but it's harder to read tone on the internet - apologies that I took it the wrong way (as usual, I need to start having some kind of tone reading lesson, haha!).

That was merely confusion. Thought maybe I was missing something. Had to think really hard through her coats. Didn’t think we’ve seen many lighter coats. Certainly nothing like this.

Which part was British? I'm completely ignorant of designers.

Coat: Bespoke Givenchy Navy Coat (French - head designer British)
Heels: Manolo Blahnik BB Pump in Navy Suede (Spanish)
Bracelet: Pippa Small ‘Herkimer’ Bracelet (British)
Ring: Pippa Small ‘Herkimer’ Ring (British)
Earrings: Pippa Small ‘Herkimer’ Earrings (British)
Dress: Bespoke Givenchy Navy Dress (French - head designer British)
Clutch: Givenchy Clutch (French - head designer British)
Hat: Bespoke Noel Stewart Navy Cocktail Hat (British)

LaRae

She looks nice the coat fitt well and i like tje cut and the lenght
I don't get the idea of the rings but i think it's bad idea seems over the top to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom