The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dull, dull, DULL...

It is entirely possible to be interestingly dressed, and STILL not 'outshine the Bride'...
Could not agree more.

Interestingly, she still can't seem to find a suitable British couturier!

Is she wearing a coat dress? All I can make out is a coat like dress...?

LaRae

I don't think so...most of the folks here have been wanting Meghan to wear color ..more color.

LaRae
I get that and I agree as I would like to see her wear more color as well. However, I disagree that this was the occasion to do so given the media attention it attracts like when she wore the yellow dress. Clearly she didn't want to draw that kind of attention today.

She could of worn any color (green, a lighter blue etc) and been safe. It draws a ton of attention because she didn't wear color...doesn't matter either way.

LaRae

Navy is a color last I checked. Meghan seems to prefer darker tones, other than her blush colors, she’s not all of sudden going to go pastel. Even when she wore green, it was more of an emerald.

This seems more like a light coat that can be buttoned up than a regular coat dress. I can see this being reworn without being buttoned up.

At least it isn't black. Meghan looks nice, but so far I'm having a hard time finding anything more interesting than that to say. I'll have to watch this one in motion again.

It is entirely possible to be well dressed in colors other than black and navy.
To me, this is just not a celebratory outfit at all. All I can say us, give her time, perhaps she will understand how to dress for a British wedding.

Who knows, perhaps she may even find a British fashion house to source her clothing from!

Navy is a color last I checked. Meghan seems to prefer darker tones, other than her blush colors, she’s not all of sudden going to go pastel. Even when she wore green, it was more of an emerald.

This seems more like a light coat that can be buttoned up than a regular coat dress. I can see this being reworn without being buttoned up.

No she's worn that sage olive green for Louis baptism ..loved that on her.

LaRae

To me, this is just not a celebratory outfit at all. All I can say us, give her time, perhaps she will understand how to dress for a British wedding.

Who knows, perhaps she may even find a British fashion house to source her clothing from!

Unless Clare Waight Keller starts working for a British fashion house, there is little chance of this happening for big events like these anytime soon. She is loyal to Clare, which is a good thing. For everyday wear, I hope she does begin to incorporate a little bit more British designers, however, I'm not going to get in a tissy about it. As long as she continues to rep Scottish handbags, it's all 'cool beans' to me.

Meghan’s outfit was just okay! I’ve come to realization that Meghan only likes dark shades!

I’m sorry but nobody could have outshine Eugenie today. Cara Delvigne wore a tuxedo today. Look at Catherine wearing raspberry for petes sake.

Wearing a colour wouldn’t have made her stand out, it would have made her less boring in my eyes. Even emerald green which she has favoured numerous times would have been better.

I like to think that but then again this is Meghan who is attacked for breathing.

She about to go on a big tour. I don't mind her keeping it simple. We all know how people are with her. Better to keep it safe. Besides she is a fan of the darks. I don't expect her to suddenly change.

Meghan’s outfit was just okay! I’ve come to realization that Meghan only likes dark shades!

And people are just going to have to get used to that. She prefers neutral tones, with a pop of Jewel tones every now and then.

No she's worn that sage olive green for Louis baptism ..loved that on her.

LaRae

Still a more deep and dark green. Although that green itself was much hated. :lol: She’s not going to go for the lighter colors. And quite frankly I’m having trouble imagining Meghan in pastel blue after that comment. I don’t know if I want her in that.

I just find Meghans clothes boring yet more navy blue but yes it does beat black. She looked great in the yellow dress she could have worn a nicer colour and that outfit looked ok but nothing more. It will be interesting to see what she wears in Oz. I do think she needs to start buying from British fashion houses the Royals are there to promote Britain and she really isn't. We will have to see how she goes over time. But so far to me she is really boring fashion wise.

Unless Clare Waight Keller starts working for a British fashion house, there is little chance of this happening for big events like these anytime soon. She is loyal to Clare, which is a good thing. For everyday wear, I hope she does begin to incorporate a little bit more British designers, however, I'm not going to get in a tissy about it. As long as she continues to rep Scottish handbags, it's all 'cool beans' to me.
It's a pity her loyalty lies with Clare and not British business!

Still a more deep and dark green. Although that green itself was much hated. :lol: She’s not going to go for the lighter colors. And quite frankly I’m having trouble imagining Meghan in pastel blue after that comment. I don’t know if I want her in that.

Never have I said she should wear pastel!

LaRae

I mean...it’s nice-ish just really really really boring. Meghan gets criticized but I don’t know that’s its anymore than others. Some will criticize unnecessarily as happens with any royal but most don’t.

There are so many colors out there. I just wished she’d pick a different fall color like some of the other guests. Heck I wish she’d find other colors in general.

Meghan looked fine, and I really liked her hat, which didn't get blown half a mile down the road like some of the unfortunate guests fascinators did. I'm looking forward to her tour outfits and a bit of colour there.

I do have to agree that all in all, Meghan's outfit was boring. It was appropriate though, it looked good on her and she didn't dress to call attention to herself.

Now.... if she had worn those fuschia/pink/red sandals with bobby socks, that'd be a horse of a different color. Perhaps too much color. :lol:

I mean...it’s nice-ish just really really really boring. Meghan gets criticized but I don’t know that’s its anymore than others. Some will criticize unnecessarily as happens with any royal but most don’t.

There are so many colors out there. I just wished she’d pick a different fall color like some of the other guests. Heck I wish she’d find other colors in general.

You know, it’s interesting. I remember well on here that people were horrified at the thought of Hollywood in the BRF and peacocking herself all over the place before Meghan married in. And now she’s done an absolutely respectable job, and people want more splashy colors.

Meghan’s clothing remain true to herself. She’s always talked about like monochromatic, specifically black, and usually there is something more relaxed about it (be it material, fit, something). I’m not sure why people keep wanting her to be something other than herself.

Isn't it usually the idea at weddings to dress 'festively'? Considering it is a happy event? The bride is wearing a huge white dress and a big tiara so she will be difficult to overshadow, esp. by people in daywear.

Having that said, the duchess looks elegant. I don't see what is wrong with the outfit, it is very much consistent with her usual chique and clean style.

I thought she looked appropriate for the occasion.

You know, it’s interesting. I remember well on here that people were horrified at the thought of Hollywood in the BRF and peacocking herself all over the place before Meghan married in. And now she’s done an absolutely respectable job, and people want more splashy colors.

Meghan’s clothing remain true to herself. She’s always talked about like monochromatic, specifically black, and usually there is something more relaxed about it (be it material, fit, something). I’m not sure why people keep wanting her to be something other than herself.

How is wearing another color ‘not her style’? She’s worn colors other than navy and black before.

Also, I wasn’t someone who cared about her being from Hollywood or whatever else you stated in that first paragraph so idk. I actually like Meghan just commenting on what she’s wearing today which I think would’ve been better in another, warmer fall color.

I really liked the hat. Under that coat could very well be a splash of colour. We just can't see it. But thats only guessing.

I just saw a pic where you can see the dress under the coat..it is also navy blue.

LaRae

And the navy blue will coordinate nicely with the other royal ladies' choices when the family takes the large group photo.?
Meghan looks comfortable, cozy and very appropriate today IMO.

Dull, dull, DULL...

It is entirely possible to be interestingly dressed, and STILL not 'outshine the Bride'...

Was hoping for more color today..Kate wore color and didn't detract from the Bride.

LaRae
I really liked Meghan's junior navy ensemble and the hat was quite delightful. Needless to say, she kept her splash of colour to her clutch which was quite an on-trend colour duo in itself. And yes navy is a colour which I think Meghan really rocks.

I am waiting to see her step off the plane in Australia to see Spring colours of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom