The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see more photos, but on first impression I like this very much! Not an easy color to wear, but the cut seems good on her, and I like the elegant simplicity.

Looking forward to more and better pictures.

Can’t stand the dress. Also I really wish she’d ditch the come hither looks.

Lady GaGa’s stylist. I’m not surprised.

(..)

The Duchess of Sussex looks fantastic! All of those people who wanted her in colour and to not wear her hair in a messy bun should be happy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we all know Rebecca English is the last word in fashion :lol:

(..) Her royal style is a big time miss for me.

Really too bad she didn’t wear a British or Commonwealth designer.

Finally! A bright, sunny, summery color in a beautifully cut, well fitted dress! She looks stunning. I know that she tends to shy away from bright colors but her skin tone and hair color make these bright colors pop. Yellow is a color that can be hard to wear but she does it beautifully.

As for the casual polo looks...I am definitely a fan. I'm often critical of Meghan's "work" looks and I often feel like they either don't fit just right or they wear her rather than the other way around. Mostly it feels like she's just not quite comfortable with her "work" look and it shows. But her casual looks...almost always right on the money and she wears them well. Being comfortable in your clothing and look always shows through and if she could just find a style or color of work clothing that she's as comfortable with as she is her casual looks I think we'd see a winner almost every time.

Well done, her, though for this bright and beautiful yellow!

I'm not sure why Gaga is being used to somehow downgrade any labels by some. :lol: While her fashion is not to some people's taste and most wouldn't wear it on their own, it does have a lot of artistic expression. But anyways, I agree that Maxwell is one of the premier young talents out there.

I agree, but folks look for anything to bash Meghan with...

I just can’t tell you how much I love this look. I hope it is a sign of things to come for Ireland (although hopefully more UK brands)

I love this look. Own that color. She working it.

I can't say how glad I am to see her in colour, and what a vibrant shade of yellow! The dress is sleek, elegant and fits well. Love it!

As for the casual polo looks...I am definitely a fan. I'm often critical of Meghan's "work" looks and I often feel like they either don't fit just right or they wear her rather than the other way around. Mostly it feels like she's just not quite comfortable with her "work" look and it shows. But her casual looks...almost always right on the money and she wears them well. Being comfortable in your clothing and look always shows through and if she could just find a style or color of work clothing that she's as comfortable with as she is her casual looks I think we'd see a winner almost every time.

Well done, her, though for this bright and beautiful yellow!

I don't know about her not being quite comfortable. What I've noticed is that she's trying her hardest to blend in and not stand out during some engagements, which makes sense. Hopefully once this Meghan mania dies down a bit, she wouldn't try so hard at that.

Love today's look. Simple yet elegant. As I expected, we see more of a return to Meghan's customary style when she's not doing engagements with the queen. Sleeveless, sheath dress, and no stockings. Check.

I haven't seen her in much yellow before. It looks great on her. Hopefully it will stay in her color rotation.

Good GOD, some actual, full bodied COLOUR..

Well done, Ma'am..

I hope this is the beginning of color. So so soooo good.

Wow, just wow.
I love neutral colors myself, simply adore them, but this yellow dress... Ugh I wish I could pull color as this, but with my grey skin I would look like walking corpse in sunshine

Can’t stand the dress. Also I really wish she’d ditch the come hither looks.

So shocked to hear you say that.

She looks awesome and the yellow is gorgeous with her coloring.

Huh? What about this dress says "Lady GaGa style"?:ohmy: Meat? Latex? Seriously, this dress is anti-Lady GaGa, it's something congresswoman would dress on summer charity event.

Huh? What about this dress says "Lady GaGa style"?:ohmy: Meat? Latex? Seriously, this dress is anti-Lady GaGa, it's something congresswoman would dress on summer charity event.

Daenys, don't waste your breath. I think some people forget that Gaga wears a ton of designers, and he just happens to be one of them. I.E. McQueen, but the OG would have never stated what they did about the DoC.

Anyway, don't want to get off topic. The dress looks nice on her. I am a neutral person, and this shade of mustard yellow or golden yellow is the only colour I allow in my grey palette.

I wonder if this bun will become her go to updo?

I confess, unpopular opinion, I miss her messy buns ��

She looks great! Simple sheath...great color on her. Nice sleek hair/bun..I can't even tell if she has earrings on...very nice. LOVE that she's wearing bright color!

LaRae

I wonder if this bun will become her go to updo?

I confess, unpopular opinion, I miss her messy buns ��

I'll join you in the corner. :whistling: I prefer the messy bun because it softened her look. This look works when she's wearing a hat but comes off a bit harsh without it. I think her hair for the evening wedding reception or HMQ's Bday concert was probably the best of both worlds.

I think the colour of Meghan's dress is beautiful and this is finished by her lovely bun. I love the bright, summary feel of her dress (which I agree is refreshing considering that Meghan seems to prefer darker and neutral colours) and yellow really suits her.

Dress gets the job done. The color is outstanding on her skin tone.

It is nice to see Meghan branching out to a bright color. Nice basic sheath dress, maybe a tad long for my taste for that style, but she looks very nice. I hope she continues to experiment with color.

(..)

Lord I LOVE that yellow dress! The length is so sleek, perfect and regal on her - love the neckline too. Perfect, simple but chic dress.

Yes.

And of course - who couldn't love that color! Meghan and I are similar skintones (I'm slightly darker - nearer to her mother's winter skintone), and yellow looks great on me too (I think).

Love it.

I wasn't as big a fan of the eyelet polo dress (mostly because of the white/tan color) but liked the style of the dress. And it was kinda nice to see her fedora hat back in action - did she wear that hat with the white shirt/jeans casual look later on at the polo match? Even though the eyelet dress wasn't my cup of tea (although the style and shape of it was), I DID like seeing her original style peeking through... she threw very California Chic vibes. I liked seeing that.

Yay Meghan!!

Oh - but I'm joining others in the corner about the severe hair buns - I wish she could find a happy medium between the two even though I know how hard that is with layered hair.

What a beautiful yellow dress, and how gorgeous and classy does Meghan look wearing it! A huge win for me!

I will withhold my final comments until I see more pictures, but so far, I like the dress. Simple and elegant and in a color that is lovely on her.

Shift dresses are a good choice for Meghan, I like the colour. But the hairstyle is still underwhelming, middle parting is not Meghan's friend and the bun is not professionally made. And the looks lacks some proper earrings.

Really too bad she didn’t wear a British or Commonwealth designer.

I agree. Lovely as the dress is, I find it very, very disappointing that this lady continues to fail to support British and Commonwealth fashion.

I agree. Lovely as the dress is, I find it very, very disappointing that this lady continues to fail to support British and Commonwealth fashion.

She literally revived some UK brands in the past 6 months. She has shown plenty of support for UK brands km the past 7-9 months since she was engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom