The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike this look. I love the style but I’m not fond of the design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this a lot and think the length is fine.

Me too! :flowers:
I think she sometimes wears her skirts too long, and they look matronly. This length is better.

White with black accents is always dramatic, and I really like the hat (not too big, not too small). I believe it is one she's often worn in the past.

Ok I'd seen some say it was a repeat on the CW dress.

LaRae

Not her best, especially not when you put her next to Max and Letizia, who are all around a decade older, but nobody can tell from that dress.

she ca do bettter but also this is fine to me not crazy about the dress coat but nice hat

I like the grey version way better than the white version (which looks outdated to me). She certainly had better looks in the past, this isn't bad of course, but not memorable.

Total miss. The Peter Pan collar and the black piping on the chest are horrible. The piping reminds me of a track suit. :ermm:

And another peplum :sad:

If she was going to wear the style should have stuck with the gray. The black trim was less obvious and it didn't have the track suit piping.

We've seen it all before ... no need to buy something new in the same style. Since her children wear Peter Pan collars, Kate should have outgrown that style by now.

Kate's hat is nice, and I suppose the general idea of her dress is okay, but I agree with those who are saying the dress could stand to be a tad longer in this setting. I don't think the black piping styling is that flattering against the white, though it's not horrible either. I think Kate looks okay, and the hat is really nice, but the overall effect is not her best look.

This shade of white trimmed in black is just not as flattering as other colors on Kate. And the Peter Pan color makes the styling and shorter length appear a bit juvenile. But my first impression was that Kate looks fine -- perhaps moreso because she's smiling and appears to be at ease more than she usually has seemed at times. Kate appears to be coming more out of her normal shy tentativeness these days. She was a perfect dream in the gorgeous shade of yellow at TTC on June 8. Had she worn something similar to that dress here, Kate would have matched Queen Maxima's effortless elegance.

Queen Maxima looks the best out of all the ladies -- elegant, youthful and fashion-forward. The Duchess of Cornwall looks her usual tried-and-true, but not anything new so her look is getting old. Queen Letizia looks surprisingly outdated and older with what she's wearing. This is not Letizia's normal youthful elegance.

https://images.static.press.net/v2/image/preview/9dbbe810186a1fcc2aed6c8619a691fa/2.43579511.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love the colour & the skirt. The blouse top is too old for her IMO. My mother wears things like that & she's 89.

I like the color on her. I dislike the top half of it.

Does she have an exact same hat in different colour?

Personally not of fans of the dress, ***** bow and lace and dotted tulle are too busy (well actually I am not very fond of ES casual/daytime dress even though I love their gowns). And prefer it with a brimless hat, something like Zara wore today. That hat seems a bit heavy with this dress.

I absolutely love the colour & the skirt. The blouse top is too old for her IMO. My mother wears things like that & she's 89.

The original design with shorter sleeves looks fresh. The long sleeves may be not a nice modification.

Last edited:
I really like Kate's hat for Ascot Day 1. Hate the dress. The style doesn't suit the fabric. The fabric looks like ancient lace curtains that have gone limp with age.

Lovely shade of blue. I particularly like the skirt on this dress. I don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of the bow around the neck style. I know this 80s look is in again, but it’s not my fave.

Her up do is just beautiful and this hat style suits her so well. Love the flowers.

I think this is the first time she’s worn something other than white to ascot. Could be wrong though

The color is gorgeous on Catherine, but I don't like the bow at the neck at all. The hat is very pretty, but I'm not sure I like it with the dress--it seems like a bit of a mismatch in style to me. However, I'm trying to think of a hat that would go with the dress and I'm drawing a blank, so maybe the takeaway is that the hat can stay but the dress is not a keeper.

The colour of her outfit is lovely and the hat is nice on it's own but that dress is just awful. The top and bottom parts look like two seperate entities and neither would even look good on their own. It's a very frumpy look.

After seeing more of the full length shots of Catherine, I still loathe the bow at the neck, but the overall effect of the lovely color and the floaty fabric paired with the huge flowers on the hat actually make for a very pretty English-summer type of look. If there were just a different neckline on the dress....

That color is great on Catherine. Love the skirt do not like the top at all. I could do without the flowers on that but that's just me.

Lovely color. Nice earrings. The skirt is beautiful but the top is so old-fashioned. It doesn't suit her at all.

Lovely color. Nice earrings. The skirt is beautiful but the top is so old-fashioned. It doesn't suit her at all.

Yes, the old fashioned top of dress harkens back to the 1950s. We wore that exact style back in high school. Witnessed quite a few on the NYC and LA fashion shows so I guess the high end lines will be bringing us more. Actually if they wanted to go back to that era, there were tons of more beautiful styles they could have copied. Upscale fashions now going back to more conservative, less cleavage and obvious trashy. But, I am sure that will all come back again soon when this fazes out.

Yes, the old fashioned top of dress harkens back to the 1950s. We wore that exact style back in high school. Witnessed quite a few on the NYC and LA fashion shows so I guess the high end lines will be bringing us more. Actually if they wanted to go back to that era, there were tons of more beautiful styles they could have copied. Upscale fashions now going back to more conservative, less cleavage and obvious trashy. But, I am sure that will all come back again soon when this fazes out.

Interesting. Didn’t realize this style was 1950s esque too. I think 1980s- based on what my mother wore and TV programs from that time. It seemed to be very in for professional young ladies then. And it is back again now.

Absolutely stunning! The colour is divine that hat is spectacular and I really adore the mix of modern and vintage.

This is my best dressed, possibly for the month of June.

I guess I am in the minority - but i love this look - very chic and elegant - with just the right amount of fancy for Ascot.

Love it the duchess looks wonderful in that colour and the hat is spot on for royal ascot.

Much better today. The color is fantastic on her and the dress is beautifully made. What´s more, this dress gets to be fun while still being very much appropriate for the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom