The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about this outfit.
I do love how the buttons on the jacket seem to fit her engagement ring!

Oh, I like the fabric on that suit!

The outfit is very dark, I don't really like the material as personally it's on that border of "tatty" because of the frayed edges. No ID on the designer yet.

She's recycled the Queen's coat & made a suit out of it!

Something about this just isn't landing for me. Its a strange mix between her beautiful Chanel in Paris, but with the same silhouette as her burgundy two piece she has worn a few times. Not sure the length (which for the record I like) works with such heavy fabric.

And did she dye her hair? Its seems very copperish today.

I like the fabric and the jacket. I hate the frayed parts. To me that looks like the designer was looking for a cheap way to finish the garments instead of doing proper hems. It is also what is going to date the pieces quickly (I hope). The sleeves might possibly be re-hemmed but because the skirt is so short, it doesn't look like it could be re-done without it becoming too short. I think a straight or A-line skirt would have been a better choice than the short skater skirt and would have been usable for longer. If Kate wants to be taken seriously, she needs to get rid of the little girly pieces like that skirt style. She is 37 not 10 and the little girl look is starting to look silly. A regular handbag instead of the flat clutch would also make the look more work professional. The clutch should be saved for evening events.

I love the outfit!
(Only wish I could afford it...)

A classic look in a silhouette that looks great on Kate.

Re: hair color - we know she colors it and it does look rich today. Often, colors like this differ from photographer to photographer. And camera to camera and how the photo is edited. Sometimes on a subtle color, I have to look at multiple sources to try to figure out the "real" color. Just as often, it remains a guess. Modern times and First World problems. :flowers:

These types of suits are becoming a staple of her daytime engagement wardrobe.

I'm wondering if this was something that she purchased a few years ago and we've never seen due to her last pregnancy. The skirt is similar in length to her previously worn suits.

Perhaps when we have a confirmation on the designer, we'll have a better idea of when it was purchased.

These types of suits are becoming a staple of her daytime engagement wardrobe.

I think that it right. I think this may be part of a considered move: suits for Foundation work / serious business, dresses and coat dresses for "royal" or state events.

I like the shape of the skirt and cut of the jacket very much, it enhances Catherine's lovely figure. I'm less enthusiastic about the fabric, which seems heavy to me. On the other hand, I'm liking that Kate is wearing more suits, and hope she continues. I'd also love it if she added in more separates or suits that included trousers for these types of engagements.

I like the shape of the skirt and cut of the jacket very much, it enhances Catherine's lovely figure. I'm less enthusiastic about the fabric, which seems heavy to me. On the other hand, I'm liking that Kate is wearing more suits, and hope she continues. I'd also love it if she added in more separates or suits that included trousers for these types of engagements.

I know the fabric is heavy, but we are still very much in winter, so she can get away with it. Also, she very rarely wears an overcoat with a suit like this.

I know the fabric is heavy, but we are still very much in winter, so she can get away with it. Also, she very rarely wears an overcoat with a suit like this.

Good points. I think when I said "heavy" I meant "bulky." Fortunately, Catherine can carry it off, but I'd love to see these shapes in a wool crepe, or even the boucle fabric (different color, though) from the pocket/eyes shift she wore last week.

What is the current temperature in London?

Good points. I think when I said "heavy" I meant "bulky." Fortunately, Catherine can carry it off, but I'd love to see these shapes in a wool crepe, or even the boucle fabric (different color, though) from the pocket/eyes shift she wore last week.

What is the current temperature in London?

Its a warm week, with high's of around 10 degrees Centigrade and lows of 1-2 degrees.

She's recycled the Queen's coat & made a suit out of it!

Drats! You beat me to it. :D

I'm not overly impressed with this outfit but it does seem very "businesslike" and if her aim was to not have the focus on what she's wearing, she's accomplished that goal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...tions-Mental-Health-Education-conference.html

Looks like it's Dolce and Gabbana for the Duchess this morning/afternoon. I appreciate the cut of this outfit, and the suit lines. But the fabric does feel heavy to me. I might have preferred a twill over a tweed, but it's is pretty and Catherine wears it well.

(I'm waiting for all the commentary, now that an ID has been made, about Catherine wearing a foreign brand and no one caring.... sigh.)

It’s from D&G’s 2016 collection. So it’s not ‘new’

I think it’s growing on me the more I look at it. Just wish it wasn’t black and white.

This would look great if she had worn it in separate pieces. It looks too "heavy" for her frame. The skirt would look amazing with a silk white blouse and the double breasted jacket would look fabulous with a pencil skirt or slim pants. As it stands, its too much of a good thing, and I love tweed.

Unlikely, as Catherine largely wears British fashions, with the odd bit of foreign clothing thrown in ever so often.

Maybe here on the forums it's unlikely, but in the rest of the social media universe, it's only a matter of time before it's brought up. The "fandoms" can't see the logical side of anything and she'll be dragged for it.

I agree @JuliannaVictoria, it would be lovely to see these don as separates. That skirt with a white blouse would have superb while still fitting with the business side of things.

As for the blazer, I actually would prefer to see it as a dressed down, jeans/black jeans look, which isn't something we'd likely get to see as none of the public events call for it.

I actually do like the grey tweed outfit from today (I'm ignoring the tights because the skirt would be too short otherwise)....great color and style.

LaRae

I only like upper part,not fan of the skirt
I too quite like the top and the way it fits, the jury is still out on the "fringe". The skirt is horrid and is a design that does not work with the top at all. The black tights with shoes don't help the drab illusion from the waist down. The top and her gorgeous blowout waves look beautiful and you would never have expected the skirt, tights and shoes to be so dreary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom