The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now seen it..and I must say...it's a miss for me...I can only hope it is less shiny in person without the flash.

LaRae

Darn it, missed posting by a couple of seconds!

Looking lovely Catherine, a beautiful festive outfit and I am still loving her headband game.

So this is the exact replica of the green outfit she wore to the Armistice service at Westminster Abbey last month.......
but in red this time?

Catherine looks marvelous, what a beautiful woman she has become through time, completely a wonderful role model for young women out there and a fabulous mother.....I just love this color on her, the coat is to die for and the hat is beautiful, a pill box looks perfect on her.

Reactions: Fem
Last edited by a moderator:
So this is the exact replica of the green outfit she wore to the Armistice service at Westminster Abbey last month.......
but in red this time?

Appears so. I do like it but do sometimes wonder why she wouldn’t have a didferent pattern or something on same style so it doesn’t look exactly the same in two colours. Very smart and red is festive!

Perfect look for Kate...gorgeous color and style!

LaRae

Wow, what a gorgeous color on Catherine! Although I'm not enthusiastic about her recent tendency to have multiples of the same coat/dress in different colors, this is a beautiful coat, the color is incredible on her, I love her hat, and the brooch is the (sparkly) cherry on top of a nearly perfect Christmas morning appearance. And the shoes are lovely, too.

It’s very Catherine. She looks nice.

:previous:
Muriel:
I wonder if there is a bow or something attached in the back which is a darker color then the hat.......whatever it is a gorgeous hat on her and the color is outstanding...show the spirit of the season in her dressing for sure!

Kate is wearing a Jane Taylor headband/hat thing..combo.

LaRae

I like how Catherine has been reusing styles that suit her so well. Very seasonal color that she looks very nice wearing.

Muriel:
I wonder if there is a bow or something attached in the back which is a darker color then the hat.......whatever it is a gorgeous hat on her and the color is outstanding...show the spirit of the season in her dressing for sure!

Quite possibly. I am sure we will see more pictures soon.

Catherine looks marvelous, what a beautiful woman she has become through time, completely a wonderful role model for young women out there and a fabulous mother.....I just love this color on her, the coat is to die for and the hat is beautiful, a pill box looks perfect on her.

Very smart. Very clearly a future Queen, and comfortable in her skin!

Muriel:

You are quite right, there is indeed a dark ribbon that holds the headband in place

https://twitter.com/hernameispekka

Last edited by a moderator:
Coat: @CatwalkerCo (not Confirmed)
hat: @JTmillinery (ided by @hernameispekka)
earrings: @AspreyLondon Oak Leaf Small Hoop Earrings
Clutch: @MulberryEngland Bayswater Clutch
Shoes: @Gianvito_Rossi ‘Gianvito 105’ Royale Burgundy Pumps

Thanks Muriel, that is one gorgeous head band, at 1st I thought it was a pillbox from the view in the front only, I love a really great pill box, yet this is perfect. I want one......yet doubt the bank account will let me.....anyway Catherine really showed her take on the holiday season in that outfit.....a 10 stars for sure!

Extremely elegant, yet festive , in a season that 'taste seems [OFTEN] to forget'.

See I dislike that headgear. Lol. I don’t understand the look of it. Rather she had just worn a hat but this seems to be her go to style these days. It’s a shame cause blegh.

Last edited:
I thought it's a great outfit until I figure out it is a bandeau:bang:. Why not a pillbox hat? I don't mind bandeau, but I hope to see a bandeau with a bit more details/designs (like the one she wore in Louis' christening). The rest is perfect.

Edit: the photo just reminds me the [-]doughnuts[/-] open topped hats Silvia wore frequently couple years ago, which I almost loathe:bang:.

Last edited:
I love, love, LOVE the outfit. Everything fits the occasion, seems festive but also elegant. The coat is to die for (though my personal preference is still the green one) and the colour suits her well. Also, it's been perfectly tailored, which is always a good thing to do - especially with coats.

I'm also a huge fan of the hat/headband thing, it suits her well and shows off her hair. I'm happy that she seems to like that style.

All in, it's a very, very good outfit from Catherine. Elegant and festive and tailored well, makes her look amazing.

I like the color of Kate's outfit but that is about it. At first I thought that thing on her head was a nice pillbox hat but it quickly went into the ugly category when I saw the hole in the top. Her coat, shoes and clutch seem to be things we have seen a million times before even if they are new.

Over the decades now I have been watching and reading about the fashions of HM, it seems to me that she over time has developed a working closet so to speak, all events that the public can go to and she can be seen, her style is the same, a coat with a dress to match with a hat to match and shoes the same and purse the same....even at times the trim on her umbrella the same as her clothes....rarely does it change........HM has it down pat to a *T*. Now it seems to me that now perhaps Catherine is learning to do the same thing, develop a working closet also.....coat dresses seem to be her style and she gets them in all colors to wear be any time of the year......hats are changing and that IMHO is about it. Shoes, purse, earrings, a working royal lady and today's event with the public even though it was church, the public were waiting for them to come out and greet them......a working outfit which in time will be seen again at another event. I am seeing that Catherine is developing a style to suit her on the way HM has done the same, since Catherine will someday be queen consort she will need that closet to turn to. Yes I love Catherine's outfit today and the color is fabulous on her, and I love the hat also and the brooch was a nice surprise for I love brooches on ladies. That is the finishing touch for me...

Our Catherine looks lovely today. Love the colour of her outfit.

Lovely colour and I don’t mind the head gear, although it strikes me as a little ‘childish ‘. I just prefer a good hat, I agree with other posters that it seems odd to want to duplicate clothes in different colours, but I guess it is indeed like wearing a uniform when dressing up for formal engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom