The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to have been a significant rethink of the Duchess’s appearance at important events with a fresh image and regularly wearing serious pieces of jewellery.

WOW.

Come through future Queen consort!

She is really looking royal / regal those days. Wow.

There appears to have been a significant rethink of the Duchess’s appearance at important events with a fresh image and regularly wearing serious pieces of jewellery.

Its probably a combination of factors, including her getting more comfortable in her role, stepping up to a full time role, the Queen slowing down, Meghan being the newbie, more comfortable in the jewellery....

Smart outfit. The only thing I dislike is the white collar.

Fantastic coat. The military vibe to it adds a great touch. The fascinator/hat is velvet right? Because the deeper black doesn't really go with the matte, muted black of her coat dress.

Its probably a combination of factors, including her getting more comfortable in her role, stepping up to a full time role, the Queen slowing down, Meghan being the newbie, more comfortable in the jewellery....

Yes, I agree and would add a further factor that she is entering a new phase of her life as an experienced mother of three.
She is in her prime!

Oh dear! Kate looks tired! Louis must have kept her up last night! She still looks very elegant!

I would think that it may be McQueen. And I think a military theme would be very apt and appropriate for today. Kate chose very well indeed.

Honestly not sure how I feel about a coat with clear military themes being worn to such an important military event, but not saying I hate it at all.

Feel the same. But at least this one is quite subtle so still appropriate to me.

She oozes class and confidence ...

Oh dear! Kate looks tired! Louis must have kept her up last night! She still looks very elegant!

All the ladies look very tired today. Late night last night and probably an early morning to get ready.

Well, I'll be the lone dissenter here. I like the cut of the coat--very chic--but I am less enamored of the trio of shiny buttons coupled with the cream colored band collar. It's a lot of look, especially when you add in the poppies.

I like the hat and jewelry, and as almost always, Catherine looks beautiful, never mind the bags under her eyes, but I've liked other of her black coats better. Replace the contrast collar with a black one, or change out the buttons to something less shiny, and it would be a favorite.

I don’t like it. I could see if she was doing Anne’s job and was saluting her regiment, but she’s not. It’s too severe and dated.

Well, I'll be the lone dissenter here. I like the cut of the coat--very chic--but I am less enamored of the trio of shiny buttons coupled with the cream colored band collar. It's a lot of look, especially when you add in the poppies.

I like the hat and jewelry, and as almost always, Catherine looks beautiful, never mind the bags under her eyes, but I've liked other of her black coats better. Replace the contrast collar with a black one, or change out the buttons to something less shiny, and it would be a favorite.

You're not the lone dissenter. I actually don't like the look because it looks too busy. If it was just the collar on it's own or the buttons on their own, then I would be completely in love with this look. As it stands, I'm MEH about the whole outfit.

Did she miss the memo and think she was going to a costume party for the nutcracker?

Sorry but I hate when she does the whole theme thing. If you are not in military uniform, dressing like this just feels like s costume. She sadly does it a lot.

The coat would be nice without the white collar and the shoulder decor. The buttons wouldn’t be too bad. But the whole combination screams playing soldier.

I love the look from the neck up. Fantastic updo and earrings.

Usually hate those small hats but this one is lovely.

The 'Vicars collar' is horrid..from a distance it looked like one of Queen Mary's 'ROPES of Pearls' collars, but [alas] no !
Other than that I like it a great deal, but yes HRH does look tired...

I love the color and polka dot...but I wish it had a different type of collar and sleeve.

LaRae

I agree. If one is going polka dotted, just polka dots are enough. The white collar and cuffs makes the dress too "busy" for me.

It's (collar/sleeve) a bit too girlish too IMO...if it had been a relaxed high scoop or vee without the white...just the material of the dress it would of been about perfect.

LaRae

Glad not alone. I find the cuffs and the neckline make it look juvenile :sad:

Disappointing as lovely color. And I love Polkadots.

I agree. If one is going polka dotted, just polka dots are enough. The white collar and cuffs makes the dress too "busy" for me.
I don't think its busy, for me its more of an eye sore. It makes her look like a spinster from the 19th century.

Off topic-posts have been removed. Thank you for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom