The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising that it 'looks familiar'. Its pretty much her standard go to style. In different colors and slight alterations. Either a coat dress, or here a coat. Its fine, it works for her. The style is appropriate for the events she attends, and it suits her body type. A bit boring at times, but works for her.

The color is quite lovely though. And shocking myself, I kind of like the hat. :flowers:

Kate's dress at the wedding was wonderful and elegant. Beautiful color. A perfect look.

The DM is saying it's the same dress she wore at Princess Charlotte's christening:

Yes, this is apparently the fourth time Kate wore it (but with a different hat each time).
It looked great, although it was a very pale color.

Yes, this is apparently the fourth time Kate wore it (but with a different hat each time).
It looked great, although it was a very pale color.

Yes, I agree. too pale (basically white) for a wedding. Sometimes I thought it was yellow, but I guess it's not! Nice choice as not too upstage the bride.

It definitely looks white in most of the DM pictures. The only time it looks yellow is inside the church which could be attributed to the lighting. Or when she is bent over, and her yellow hat kind of gives it a yellow feeling.

The style is certainly identical to the christening one. So either its the same, or she has two in only slightly different shades. Which wouldn't be the first time.

So I guess it’s what she wore before baptism etc. I don’t see anything wrong with this but it seems some do. She looked lovely blended into the children’s dresses and hopeful was comfortable

So I guess it’s what she wore before baptism etc. I don’t see anything wrong with this but it seems some do. She looked lovely blended into the children’s dresses and hopeful was comfortable

I thought she looked great. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely looks white in most of the DM pictures. The only time it looks yellow is inside the church which could be attributed to the lighting. Or when she is bent over, and her yellow hat kind of gives it a yellow feeling.

The style is certainly identical to the christening one. So either its the same, or she has two in only slightly different shades. Which wouldn't be the first time.

It is confusing!! I guess depending on the light the dress looks darker (yellow) but it must be in fact the same, lovely christening outfit. I just think it a little strange that she chose white which you're really not supposed to wear at a wedding but who knows, maybe she had selected another outfit but changed her mind at the last minute. It worked, she looked great! I'm sure she appreciated the comfort of an outfit she knows well, but it would have been nice to see her in a new dress!

I’m thinking now she might have got a new dress hoping it would fit but it didn’t so she went back to her favorite

Kate was beautiful (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks after giving birth I would of been very surprised to see her in a new dress.

LaRae

I’m thinking now she might have got a new dress hoping it would fit but it didn’t so she went back to her favorite

Yes, that was my impression, too. Who knows? She looked great anyhow!

3 weeks after giving birth I would of been very surprised to see her in a new dress.

LaRae

Not sure how many previously worn, wedding suitable outfits actually fit her yet though. So a new outfit that could be easily altered wouldn't have surprised me.

I thought she looked fine, it was appropriate and not going to be a distraction from the media (Kate's new dress etc).

LaRae

I think it is a different dress in the same cut as the original. When she has worn the original dress in the 1st 3outings, she always accessorized with pure white hat which has always matched. This coat is a warmer ivory/ primrose... you can notice when she is standing next to Charlotte’s white dress, also looks to have a lower shade dress underneath and you can see the contrast. Mostly Kate still has a baby bump and the original dress was very fitted. I think she intentionally opted for a familiar dress to not draw attention .

I think it is a different dress in the same cut as the original. When she has worn the original dress in the 1st 3outings, she always accessorized with pure white hat which has always matched. This coat is a warmer ivory/ primrose... you can notice when she is standing next to Charlotte’s white dress, also looks to have a lower shade dress underneath and you can see the contrast. Mostly Kate still has a baby bump and the original dress was very fitted. I think she intentionally opted for a familiar dress to not draw attention .

I think you are right, it is a new ensemble in a similar style to the one worn at Charlotte's christening. I would have thought it would be too soon after the birth for Catherine to fit into a fitted suit from before the last pregnancy.

WHAT KATE WORE says it is the same Christening dress.
It looks like a cream color, but the flowers on the hat are more yellowish and give the dress that cast.

(It's like when Donna Air wore that primrose color at Pippa's wedding; so many observers said it looked cream.)

Looks like it. She's frugal, I guess.

Makes sense she would be in her personal wardrobe.

LaRae

The "What Kate Wore" blog has written a pretty convincing analysis that the coat dress Kate wore to the wedding is a new version of the coat dress worn for Charlotte's christening and a couple other events. She originally thought it was the same coatdress but after studying and comparing changed her mind.

She writes that it does seem to be slightly more yellow than the original.

Also, the new coat has a buttoned sleeve vent that the original did not have.
There were a couple other slight differences as well. And concluded the construction of it would also make it difficult to do major alterations.

The dress is very beautiful and elegant.

A very lovely dress for Catherine. Perfect for a casual summer event such as this one.

Very pretty, cool looking dress. And her hair looks great, love the swirl in the back.

Last edited:
Simple and lovely dress.... just enjoying summer !

I like it...a cute casual dress for summer. Although personally I would never wear a dress to that type of event (and you really never see that here at events like this)...but things are done differently in the U.K. I think.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom