The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fashion related story so I’ll put it here. Mods can move it if they want.

Both the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex have their own unique sense of style, and royal fans adore seeing the different outfits they step out in whenever they make public appearances.

And so it comes as no surprise that both women ranked highly in a new style poll. According to eBay's annual UK Retail Report, Kate was voted as having the biggest impact on shopping habits, while Meghan followed in second place.

Although new royal Meghan has been the focus of many fashion reports this year, Kate's top spot in the poll is down to her "distinctive style", reveals eBay's UK vice president Rob Hattrell. "While Meghan was clearly the focus of the fashion pages this year, Kate's distinctive style has long been a hit with shoppers on eBay since her wedding in 2011," he said.
Read more: Kate tops Meghan Markle and Princess Charlotte in new royal poll

Last edited:
With reference to whether Kate has a distinct style, I would agree that she doesn't appear to have a natural flair for teaming clothing and accessories is an interesting or unusual way. She is blessed with a figure that suits most styles so it's rare that she wears something that we would say is a definite no no. She has developed a way of dressing that is polished and always appropriate to the occasion. Just occasionally she surprises us and usually is a good way, so if she chooses to, she could make a style statement. But it doesn't appear to be something she is particularly interested in and besides, she currently has other priorities in her life with three young children. I hope that she doesn't play it too safe in the future - for example, as a comparison has already been made with Anne, I hope in the future she will cut her hair rather than continually 'put it up' in a bun.

Kate's maternity wear was highly searched according to the article which gave her a massive boost. She rocked those looks so I see why. Though reading Charlotte coming in 1st last year and now 3rd this year cracks me up. These lists are cute.

Last edited:
^ Oh, how I have missed the [ever colourful] Duchess...This tedious period of 'leave' drags on and on...

I could do without the blue rose headband though...

LaRae

Pretty color on the Duchess, not liking the flower pot on her head, though.

Where have we seen this coat/dress before? It looks familiar.

Yes she wore in back in 2017 too. Great color though!

LaRae

Catherine looks very lovely here. It’s a great colour on her.

I love the color on her.
But I don't know about those headband hats!
She wore one for Louis' christening and it looked fresh and new.

But I hope the style doesn't become a favorite; one outing was enough.

The dress/coat is a Catherine Walker repeat from the Germany/Poland tour.

Not feeling the headpiece but she looks nice.

:previous: Cobalt blue seems to flatter most women and Catherine is no exception but I have to admit the Sixties style headpiece is definitely not a 'look' I want to see more of.

:previous: I actually liked the headpiece for the christening, but that may also have had something to do with the way it looked with her dress. This blue one just looks disproportional and....blue. Maybe a bit too pointy on top? Not sure, but I won't be sad if we never see it again.

Don't love the hat thingie and the suit/dress is a bit pedantic/frumpy, but the color is good on her. Overall, the outfit is ageing on her. Maybe a different hat would be better?

Not feeling the hat at all. Very dated. The cobalt blue color of her coat dress is very nice.

> Whilst am not a firm supporter of the hat per se, I like that she is experimenting with different styles. Some are clearly more successful than others! In this case, I think it adds a degree of much needed excitement to what is a very dull ensemble.

> I like the colour of hat and the coat dress, though I am no fan of the style. I had never liked the original one in red which had its debut in Canada in 2011, and I think this one is just as dull as the red one.

Great colour but I am afraid that the hat doesn't go well with her dress (nice head piece though). It may look better with a “lighter” dress I think? But I like that she experimenting with those bandeau style millinery.

:previous: Yes, I like the fact that she is experimenting, too, since she gave the percher hats more than a fair run. I liked the floral bandeau she wore at Louis christening very much, so it's not the style I am disliking. As I said above, there's something about the proportions or shape of this blue version that seems off. I wonder how it would look if it sat further back on her head a la Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday? Or if the roses sat a little closer to her head?

And I agree with Muriel that the style of the coat/dress is not a favorite. I think the length is too short to really make the nipped-in waist flattering. But, you know, again, it's not a bad thing that she was willing to experiment, since otherwise we might have infinite variations of the Alexander McQueen coatdress she wore to the Sussexes wedding.

And you can't argue with how becoming the color is.

Last edited:
Kate looked lovely, but I would prefer a different hat.

What I wish...to see a picture of George and Charlotte in their wedding attire!
I read they were wearing blue-and-white, but so far pictures haven't surfaced.

As I said above, there's something about the proportions or shape of this blue version that seems off. I wonder how it would look if it sat further back on her head a la Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday? Or if the roses sat a little closer to her head?

I agree it would look better if it sat further back forward. What makes me feel off is the position. I think it doesn't suit a “fluffy” hairstyle too.

Last edited:
from twitter hrh duchess kate:
Kate wore her cornflower blue Catherine Walker coatdress and matching dress -first worn in Berlin in July 2017 - for Sophie Carter's wedding. It's accessorised with Kiki McDonough jewellery.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnuPbEAWsAAIq-7.jpg:large

IMO the headband is very dated, 60s or so, something Queen Mum would have worn. Maybe its from her closet.

I do love the color of her coat. The flower head thing she could of left at home!

IMO the headband is very dated, 60s or so, something Queen Mum would have worn. Maybe its from her closet.

Yes that's also the 1st thing I thought very queen mother looking floral headpiece!

actually I might be the only one who loves her head piece! I like the whole ensamble and that she recycles!

^ Not so.. I like all of it TOO !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom