The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

I totally agree with you Pranter, the 1st picture for me in the best, love the soft butter color on her for it is a soft feminine color. Nothing more say who Catherine is then when she is holding her children in her arms...... that says it all about her!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Majesty

If a Kokoshnik headpiece (http://radiocms-images.us1.eldarionc...-KOKOSHNIK.JPG ) were crossed with a floral crown ( https://data.whicdn.com/images/65204164/large.png ) and the hat HM wore to the Wales coronation ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/2...7fc8faebcc.jpg ) her fascinator might result.
I loathe it except straight on; straight on is OKish.

But she looks like a very happy mummy.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the white dress. Very beautiful and regal. A wonderful dress.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Another boring look from Kate at a christening.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Start with the positive: Her hair looks beautiful. I like her earrings

Another boring McQueen dress. They all begin to blend into one another. The shape suits her, but for the shoulders. The 70/80s puff shoulders are not a good retro look.

And sorry not a fan of the headpiece. Looks oversize on her.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Love her hat and hairdo, so flattering.i read in another blog that it mimics a French hood, which was popular when st. James palace was built. She cannot take her eyes off beautiful Louis, simply besotted, how lovely. The v neck and puff sleeves look great and the big pearl earrings finish off the look . Her sisters dress was just ghastly
Old 07-09-2018, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought Catherine looked radiant; her dress indeed has a lot in common with her earlier christening looks but it fits the occasion so that's fine with me.

I'm not sure what was going on with her family members and the godparents (well, the men were dressed sharp - but that's much easier for them than for the women). They tried to fit into the 'blue theme' mostly but not many more positive things (hmm, not even sure that I am a fan of a color theme at a christening) to say.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in Alexander McQueen at the Centenary of the Royal Air Force today, July 10:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 07-10-2018, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Does this mean she has the same design in 3 different colours (white, yellow & blue)?

I was never really convinced that her coat at Meghan's wedding was the same one at Charlotte's christening... It had a very distinct yellow tone once she's not standing directly in the sun.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Mercy look at that brooch!

LaRae
Old 07-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great colour and outfit on the duchess ,not mad about the flowers on the hat but that asides wonderful look today.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks beautiful, but I think it's time to give that particular style a rest.

(..)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

The powder blue suit is similar to previous coat dresses and she she wore the Dacre brooch to show she is an honorary air commandant. (..)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO Kate is very confident and comfortable as future Queen and mother of 3, it shoes in her clothes choices, another classy outfit very befitting her position.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
Does this mean she has the same design in 3 different colours (white, yellow & blue)?

I was never really convinced that her coat at Meghan's wedding was the same one at Charlotte's christening... It had a very distinct yellow tone once she's not standing directly in the sun.
Yes, exactly that--three colors. One of the Kate fashion blogs compared the Charlotte Christening coat dress to the M&H wedding coat dress and found that they were definitely different. There were a number of small details that showed there were two coat dresses.

I agree, in a number of photos at the wedding, Kate's outfit was distinctly very pale yellow. One photo that showed the color was Kate standing with Charlotte in her white flower girl dress.

I think she's sticking to something she knows works right now while technically on maternity leave--it is easy for McQueen to whip up another coat dress from the existing pattern in a different color with small changes in details. This one has 3/4 sleeves.

She looks very nice today.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, I am just going to say it, I hate this style on Kate. Another dated McQueen. It was fine in the yellow at the wedding but is meh here.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Yes, exactly that--three colors. One of the Kate fashion blogs compared the Charlotte Christening coat dress to the M&H wedding coat dress and found that they were definitely different. There were a number of small details that showed there were two coat dresses.

I agree, in a number of photos at the wedding, Kate's outfit was distinctly very pale yellow. One photo that showed the color was Kate standing with Charlotte in her white flower girl dress.

I think she's sticking to something she knows works right now while technically on maternity leave--it is easy for McQueen to whip up another coat dress from the existing pattern in a different color. She looks very nice today.
To be honest, I think she might have it in four colors. I think we've seen it in white, blue, yellow, and pink. I'm not 100% positive about that but I believe that's the case.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Overall she looks beautiful but honestly, I attribute that more to her glow and the fact that she is so clearly besotted with Louis and with her position as mother and wife. When a woman is deeply happy with where she is in life it shines through and I think that's what we're seeing with her lately. As for the outfit...eh. I'm usually a great fan of what she wears but I'm bored with the McQueen coatdresses that all look the same. Yes she wears the style well and the color looks fabulous on her but it's time to break out a new style or a new cut. As for the headwear....I'm torn. Sometimes I look at it and I love the uniqueness of it and the fact that it's out of her norm. Then at other times I look at it and cringe.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Overall she looks beautiful but honestly, I attribute that more to her glow and the fact that she is so clearly besotted with Louis and with her position as mother and wife. When a woman is deeply happy with where she is in life it shines through and I think that's what we're seeing with her lately. As for the outfit...eh. I'm usually a great fan of what she wears but I'm bored with the McQueen coatdresses that all look the same. Yes she wears the style well and the color looks fabulous on her but it's time to break out a new style or a new cut. As for the headwear....I'm torn. Sometimes I look at it and I love the uniqueness of it and the fact that it's out of her norm. Then at other times I look at it and cringe.
She looks very elegant and I love the hat. I just can't get over how she was looking at Louis yesterday---an expression of pure delight!!! George, Charlotte, and Louis are greatly loved by their parents and I am so excited to watch the grow up over the years.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Ok, I am just going to say it, I hate this style on Kate. Another dated McQueen. It was fine in the yellow at the wedding but is meh here.
Interesting. I don't find the style dated at all--it seems classic Kate to me. I like the defined waist, the V neckline and the decorative lapels.

Closed Thread