The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 11: November 2020 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the flowing feminine look in that length---it sets it apart and for Ascot that's no small feat. Well done, Sophie!

I like Sophie's dress and hat very much. That long skirt is a good look.

I like the flowy skirt, but the top part needs to be a bit more tailored.

The skirt is fine and she can pull off that colour, I've seen her do it before. But I really don't like the top part and it drags the whole outfit down.

The skirt is fine and she can pull off that colour, I've seen her do it before. But I really don't like the top part and it drags the whole outfit down.

I think that is right. If the top bit was better fitted and did not look outsized, I may have preferred the outfit.

The dress is shapeless and makes her look larger than she is but the hat is lovely ( think she wore it to Zara's wedding) and the colour of the whole outfit is pretty.

The dress is shapeless and makes her look larger than she is but the hat is lovely ( think she wore it to Zara's wedding) and the colour of the whole outfit is pretty.

Agreed. That’s what it is.

While I am not all that keen on her ensemble, from the neck up she killed it! :flowers:

The Countess of Wessex looking lovely during a BBC5live interview that will be broadcasted today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And at Royal Ascot Day 2 today:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Last edited:
I like her Day 2 outfit much better. Pretty colors, fits well.

I’m not so sure about the hat, but she can pull it off.

The outfit for royal ascot is really lovely and I think pulls the hat off perfectly too.

Well my goodness...I think that might be one of my favorite Sophie outfits ever! Not everyone could pull off that hat but she does and I absolutely love the outfit as a whole. Well done, Sophie.

I’m not wild about the feathery (?) hat part personally - but she absolutely pulls the hat off. Love the purple color. The hat does seem quite appropriate for ascot. It really is a great outfit overall.

I think this style generally suits her very well.

Day 1 seemed ill fitted Day 2 love the skirt the blouse is the same style as the Day 1 but tidier I love the hat

Day 1 of Ascot: not my favorite Ascot look for Sophie. Maybe if the sleeves were different, it could have been better?

Day 2 of Ascot: loved it. Any other event I wouldn't be a fan of the hat, but it was so perfect for the event, and the outfit it was matched with. Loved also her little smile in the picture that was linked. She knew she looked good.

I love the hat--lavender feathers at Ascot is perfection. She looks lovely and relaxed AND dressy

ascot day 1: nice hat. Dress way to big. "hobbezak" we would call that in the dutch language. No idea how to translate that, something like 'baggy clothes" However she looks still nice!
Ascot day 2: nice blouse and skirt, hat not to sure.

Dress during the interview: nice dress but I am not to sure it is a good choice for her.

Just NO to the hat on day 2. Like the rest of the outfit.

:previous: But . . . but Hats are what Ascot is all about. Oh, and horses. ?

And at Ascot Day 2

gallery **

Well my goodness...I think that might be one of my favorite Sophie outfits ever! Not everyone could pull off that hat but she does and I absolutely love the outfit as a whole. Well done, Sophie.
Sophie, Sophie, what can I say? Yesterday the dress was unlike anything I have ever seen you wear. I mean, a potato sack tied in the middle with a redeeming hat. But, Day 2 and you look like a knockout from head to toe. I especially liked the longer gored skirt with its elegant large purple-hued flowers but the winner again was the magnificent millinery.

I am pretty sure Camilla has a feathered hat like this only hers is a cream colour. Sophie looks like she is having a go at being adventurous.

Not too keen on this outfit. Really not a fan of this shade of green and the upper part and sleeves resembles a uniform. However the skirt is more attractive.

I've never liked this take on the shirt dress because the look of the older versions from decades ago where the extensive gathering of fabric at the waist is balanced by a full petticoat underneath is much more flattering on any woman. Of course, it would have been odd to see Sophie show up wearing the pure vintage look with petticoats included!:lol:

Sophie wears muted shades extremely well, though. Its one of her fashion superpowers.

Bit of a shock same as a lot of others Sophie has but I think no to this one at this event

Not too keen on this outfit. Really not a fan of this shade of green and the upper part and sleeves resembles a uniform. However the skirt is more attractive.

She looks like she’s about to say “What’ll you have, hon? The meatloaf is good today.”

:previous::flowers:perfect characterization of a terrible choice. However the former two outs were very nice.

You’re right: the top does resemble a uniform. The skirt is pretty though.

I personally love the look! Very flattering and age appropriate!

I love , love this look. I love the colour, very nice flattering dress. Good hat she is so beautiful in this dress. 56 and looking like this, amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom