The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 11: November 2020 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely look.

It's a pretty perfect dress for Sophie (at least print-wise), but the shoes are sort of blah. (And I'm not sure why Edward is in black; a little bit of a visual mismatch.)

Really lovely dress and hairstyle on the Countess and perfect for the visit.

I think Sophie has looked lovely on this tour so far . It’s interesting to compare her wardrobe with Kate’s recent trip. On the whole it seems to be less formal, which I like, but surprises me slightly as I believe both tours are as representing the Queen in her Platinum Year.

Her dresses have indeed been nice but I would have liked her to have been a little bit more formal for the Church service and to have worn a hat/fascinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the two dresses, especially the first, gorgeous colour, very nice !

It is interesting to me, that when the British Royals go visiting, they show their casual dress choices more. We see them like they would like to dress all the time. I cannot see them ever wearing any of the outfits they wear a trips in England, no matter what the season. I believe the Queen has set such a formal attire for all occasions no matter if it is a formal dinner, a church event, a casual event , every dress code is more formal. Even compared to other Royal Families, the British go formal. I admire the Queen she has done but it is sad to see the Queen lost her sense of fun along the way. Yet, when the Royals such as The Countess goes visiting, the fun dress mode comes out. The Countess looks real pretty in the blue flowered dresses and she is having fun.

I love love love that blue floral dress with the sash.

I do like the blue dress for Antigua a couple of days ago but overall, all of the dresses have the same style and her hair is messy almost always. V neck, empire waist, flutter or puffed sleeves, every one of them, and way too long. The blue floral was really awful with the elastic waistband and the sash hanging down. She is petite and top heavy which is hard to dress but many other royals are, HM, Camilla, and Diana was top heavy. There is a lot more you can do besides the same silhouette which is why I like the green top and white slacks. That look gives her the illusion of more height unlike the long dresses which swamp her

I think some of the long floral dresses work better than others, largely because of the neckline or the amount of support in the bodice. But the style she has selected for this trip works well for the variety of engagements, the climate and general comfortableness. I don’t particularly like the platform sandal so much, but it provides more height with stability and comfort.

The Countess of Wessex looking lovely during engagements in Warwickshire today, May 4:

** Full view **

I really like the pants overall and in that color.

I'm boring though, I would've done a black top or something like that.

I quite like the suit but it doesn’t really flatter her shape. I think the messy hair doesn’t help the overall impression.

The Countess of Wessex very lovely and elegant!

I like the checked suit, fits well and the checks are small. Great shoes

I love the suit think the shoes are fabulous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom