Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 1 of Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

The previous thread can be found here!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
April 30, 2013 - Queen Maxima's first outfit as Queen. Outfit is by Natan.
Its a lovely creation. Hair and make up is done really well

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Don't like it, the colour is nice but the massive bow and baggy top part does nothing for her. Shame.

Well, it's personal taste, but I think Queen Maxima looked lovely this morning, bow, sparkles and all! Back in 1980, Beatrix wore a very nice day dress with a very ruffled collar to add interest and I wonder if Maxima chose something to add abit of flare and interest in the same way?

Kinda disappointed of her choice of outfit. The color is beautiful however I really dislike the bow, and it's not very flattering. Love the jewels and her hairstyle though.

I would never wear a dress a like that but Maxima is Maxima, has a huge personality and looks beautiful and regal. The color and fabric of the dress is wonderful and her jewels a perfect match. If I were Ducth or Argentinian I would be very, very proud.

Maxima's inauguration gown screams Queen Juliana!!! The cape has a very 1940's feel about it. I think she looks every inch a Queen!!

The blue gown and jewels.....let me just say I'm gushing. It is so perfect and gorgeous. She is a Queen and she shines today.

Kinda disappointed of her choice of outfit. The color is beautiful however I really dislike the bow, and it's not very flattering. Love the jewels and her hairstyle though.

What bow do you mean? I do not see any bow on her.

That was from her outfit earlier in the day at the abdication ceremony. The gown is absolutely magnificent, what a color! There aren't enough superlatives to describe Maxima's appearance today.

Last edited:
I loved everything she looked wonderful. She is definitely a Queen.

Sometimes, if she would just think about things - a small change would just make sense.

Knowing she would be on HRH Left and that she would be leaning in and looking over her own left shoulder, Queen Max might have realized that bow would cover half her face and asked Natan to reverse the cut. Had that bow been on her right shoulder, it would have been very Max, but it would not have been such an irritating part of most pictures.

Alternately, she could have channeled her inner Mary/Victoria and kept her shoulders back and down so the bow was less in her face (literally).

Personally, although I know it is quite stylish just now, dresses with the fabric draping north south on one side and east west on the other always make one breast look smaller than the other. It's an optical illusion and it makes me crazy. It is the kind of fashion choice that will look silly and dated 10 years from now. ;)

Seriously, Max looked so happy and good for her. King Willem-Alexander looked great in every photo. Long may they reign well.

The blue gown was stunning. Maxima looked every inch a queen.

Last edited:
The blue dress and the tiara was a big wow. She looked every inch the Queen. Stunning.

Maxima looked amazing today. The style and color of the dress were beautiful.

Maxima was AMAZING! Definately the best dressed at this Investiture, I guessed before that she would wear blue, and I got it right! Thankfully she choose this strong color, this shade of blue was and is always regal looking.
The dress was beautiful as well and I actually like the lace in her arm, it looks diferent.
Beautiful hairdo, beautiful shoes, beautiful 60s cape and GROGEOUS jewels! I could look at that Mellerio sapphire Tiara all day long.

Stunning, head to toe I have no complaints.

I loved Maxima's morning dress. It was soft and elegant and her hair and jewellery were perfect. It was obvious she had chosen her colour to allow Beatrix to shine on her last day. The juxtaposition of colour and style was quite striking.

Then, having lulled us into a sense of oh, "sensible", she pulled out all the stops and wore one of the most beautiful gowns I have ever seen on her. Everything was perfect, the colour, the dress, the makeup, the hair and the tiara. This afternoon she was a Queen.

Definitely the way to go from a Princess to a Queen overnight.

I loved Maxima's morning dress. It was soft and elegant and her hair and jewellery were perfect. It was obvious she had chosen her colour to allow Beatrix to shine on her last day. The juxtaposition of colour and style was quite striking.

Then, having lulled us into a sense of oh, "sensible", she pulled out all the stops and wore one of the most beautiful gowns I have ever seen on her. Everything was perfect, the colour, the dress, the makeup, the hair and the tiara. This afternoon she was a Queen.

Definitely the way to go from a Princess to a Queen overnight.
Well said, couldn't agree with you more. Viva Queen Maxima!

Great observation, MARG. There was definitely that dichotomy between the two styles for both events and Maxima, knowing the sense of occasion, dressed appropriately. She knocked it out of the park for the inauguration ceremony; everything was perfect including her tiara hair. Maxima looked very born to the role.

Last edited:
Stunning, stunning, stunning! Every inch a queen! Her tiara with the earrings and her hairstyle were great. She was beautiful today.

Queen Maxima really pulled it off today,her look was simply majestic and looked very inch the queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom